It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China war ships is sitting on our coast right now

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Don't really care to argue your other points but you're giving us too much credit, Wang deserves some recognition in this, no? And that plane was over international waters BTW.

No... I'm saying if a Chinese spy plane was spying off the coast of the United States EVEN IN international waters and it so-happened to bring down a U.S. fighter on accident in the process, WE BOTH KNOW that 9.99/10ths of this board will be screaming out WAR or saying that this proves that China is evil and is planning to invade the US. Do you get what I'm saying?

I remember back here on the board when China sent trainers training troops in Latin America and nearly EVERYONE here screamed that this was an "Evil China" at work... whereas the United States PRACTICALLY Surrounds the PRC with military bases, warships, and AIR BASES with the ability to PLUMMET any Chinese city within an hour AND NOT ONCE have I heard ANY OF YOU guys screaming about that.

FYI, when a country wants a strong military, they don't practice fighting the weakest military they practice fighting the strongest military. As of right now the strongest most powerful military is the USA. That is why their exercises focus on the USA.

You want to train for the worst case scenario, which would be China vs USA. Not China vs Mexico.

So very true my friend.

Nextly, Shar seems to be trying to spread propoganda for the ignorant... constantly trying to spread "fear" and "hatred?" about big, bad, evil China and his accusations have ALL been shot down by COMMON SENSE.

[edit on 20-9-2006 by k4rupt]

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 11:06 PM
link   
photo of this visit

junshi.daqi.com...

[edit on 20-9-2006 by gs001]

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 11:27 PM
link   
OK K4rupt and The Iconoclast,

You guys are so off the topic... Noone is spreading anything read the post and you will see that it was an information site. The news was not out on this. They did not annouce this. This post was to get information as to what was going on pure and simple. So stop making it into something its not!!!

And K5rupt you keep saying it was a search and resuce mission WRONG!!!!! You dont read....that was 6 years ago. Not this time. NO I dont recall spreading hatered about big bad evil china. It was a simple question. Check out first post.

[edit on 21-9-2006 by Shar]

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 01:35 AM
link   
[edit on 21-9-2006 by tha stillz]

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Some of you are intent purely on scare mongering, grabbing a bit of drama lime light or plain got nothing better to do than simply guess about things.

Chinese spies in the government? So... You have UK spies in your government - in fact I would guess that nearlly every country you are friends with has poeple in your country doing things relating to spying. It's all ways been that way. Especially as virtually every country on this planet trusts the U.S. as far as they can throw it.

Thank God no one on one of those ships threw a chopstick from the boat to the shore or you would be screaming all out land invasion or perhaps taking pictures of the afore mentioned chop stick and posting them here claiming them to be flying rods controlled by the chinese!

[edit on 21-9-2006 by Quackmaster]

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Shar, I'd still like to hear what you have to say on the very valid point I brought up...

What makes you so xenophobic?
What is it about other people that scares you so badly?

Do you see outsiders as the enemy simply because you've been told they are your enemies? Do you have some real reason for your fears?

I know this is off topic, but I think we've raised a very valid of topic point.
There's simply too much xenophobia kickin around these days. Too many people afraid of eachother.
It's not a healthy sign.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I agree when people go off on a bender just because of a warship visit that has obviously been arranged... maybe if a bit of investigation was done first before launching into hysteria

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 06:49 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...'

heres an answer for you

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shar

And K5rupt you keep saying it was a search and resuce mission WRONG!!!!! You dont read....that was 6 years ago. Not this time. NO I dont recall spreading hatered about big bad evil china. It was a simple question. Check out first post.

Shar - You need to calm down and read a bit more carefully yourself. K4rupts references to "search and rescue" are about training excercises, not an actual mission, and his references come directly from the first article you posted, not a 6 year old report.

Carry on....

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 10:36 AM
link   

On Labor Day six years ago, two ships from China -- the destroyer Qingdao and the oiler Taicang -- pulled into Pearl Harbor on their country's last "goodwill mission" to the United States.

What are you talking about.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Read the last paragraph of the 9/19/2006 LA Times article you linked to in your very first post

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I did not link that a mod did. However, there have been about 24 or 25 people who posted with this site to give information. Only 6 people who wanted to argue. Argue over what> This happen I asked about it pure and simple. People is putting way to much into it. I already said on page 2 after studing that i feel better. 3 people after that came on to post mean things. It was not about any of that. It was to find out why they docked with us, without us knowing about it, at the time pure and simple.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 11:02 AM
link   
OK Shar - Glad your nerves are calmed. Looks like no Chineese invasion this week. This is not intended as an insult, just curiosity... what's your age?

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkbluesky
OK Shar - Glad your nerves are calmed. Looks like no Chineese invasion this week. This is not intended as an insult, just curiosity... what's your age?

Tell me where I said there was. Or was it a question I asked. Your off the topic

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shar

And, for other reason between the two governments ours and theirs the shooting stopped and they are now where they are at... Honestly, how do we know that they dont have subs all over nearby.

Sure we can strike them but look at the casualites they too can cause us being right on top of us this way.

[edit on 19-9-2006 by Shar]

The above statement, made by you, sounds like you're afraid this was part af a larger force that would have no practical use other than attack. Certainly not recconaisance or defense.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 11:16 AM
link   

posted by iori_komei

Yes, it's real . . I disapprove of this completely. Warships are meant to defend a country, not take day-trips across the Pacific to go shopping and play soccer. [Edited by Don W]

Actually, it is an old and honored tradition to “show your colors” abroad. Read about our own Great White Fleet of the early 20th century.
www.history.navy.mil...

[edit on 9/21/2006 by donwhite]

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Shar - I didnt mean to be one of those posting nasty replies. Just wanted to give you a friendly suggestion to read others posts and links thoroughly before responding.

Good day.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Yelp, before I said I'v done studing to the links. Go down the page where I posted My own news source and said I'm feel better now that I know what it is. None the less had this been widely reported I would not of got upset.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Remember when we crash landed a super high-tech spy plane in China?

That was freakin sweet.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkbluesky
This is not intended as an insult, just curiosity... what's your age?

I was wondering the same thing. The hysteria displayed in multiple threads over nothing makes me think pretty young. There is no reason for the scare mongering going on. Even the usual xenophobic isolationists are pretty quiet. There is some huge over reacting going on and much of coming from one or two posters. The sky is NOT falling!!!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join