It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China war ships is sitting on our coast right now

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
Yep it's real.

I just saw this on Lou Dobbs.

I disaprove of this completely.

Warships are meant to defend a country, not take day-trips
across the Pacific to go shopping and play soccer.

And what about our Navy?

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I thought this was about the COSCO thing
www.atsnn.com...

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by crisko

Yep it's real.

And what about our Navy?

We've used naval warships for non-combat purposes before... remember the Tsunami in 2004?

We send warships everywhere, regardless of whether or not they're guns are going to be used.... they're floating support centers and come in handy for logistical reasons.

Not to mention that we obviously use them in diplomatic procedures and events.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 08:38 AM
link   
On a serious note, so what? Any other option other than conspiracy or plotting leads to dissapointment.

Move on.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 08:46 AM
link   
For those of you who think that China means the US no harm........read this stuff for Bill Gertz......

Gertz writes in 'ENEMIES: HOW AMERICA'S FOES STEAL OUR SECRETS, AND HOW WE LET IT HAPPEN,' that details about the spies were first discovered in 1999 by counterspies who were able to trace some of the money paid by Beijing.

Chinese intelligence paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to the spies, and one CIA officer alone got some $600,000 in Chinese money.

Gertz discloses for the first time how spies were recruited by members of an ultra-secret Chinese spying unit known as the First Department of the People’s Liberation Army military intelligence service.

The book states that then-CIA Director George Tenet never pressed the mole hunt in the agency, and as a result the spies were never found or prosecuted. The weak response is part of what Gertz calls the U.S. government’s “see-no-evil” approach to Chinese espionage, a policy that has severely damaged U.S. national security.

The Chinese spies were never found and either retired or may still be operating, according to U.S. intelligence officials quoted in the book.

The spy penetrations of CIA are part of a major Chinese program of intelligence operations against the United States, which include the case of Chinese spy Katrina Leung, who seduced two FBI counterintelligence officials, and who gave extremely valuable electronic eavesdropping secrets to China.

Gertz raises the specter that decades of failures in pursuing China spies indicate that China still has spies operating inside the U.S. government.

If China still has spies operating inside the U.S. government how can we trust the Chinese intensions are friendly???

China is appearing to be showing two faces here, whichever one you chose to see is completely up to you.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Remeber when we surfaced a nuclear sub in Japan unannounced to show china they could eat a wang? NOW THAT was hilarious.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 09:21 AM
link   
China has as many spys over here as they do Cargo ships for their imports
They have cargo ships in every port of the US Thats what should scare the S*** out of us.
They could nuke all our ports at one time with one button.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Besides, aren't we supposed to be afraid of China because they've been siding with Iran?

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shar
Dosnt sound friendly to me. I'll try not to cry.

[edit on 19-9-2006 by Shar]

I think you're getting yourself all worked up over nothing, dear. They're talking about being happy about the visit so we can work on our relations with them. Did you read the whole article? I know that being on this website can get a person a little paranoid, but it doesn't help to add stuff in there when there is nothing to add in. Not to mention the fact that we have an awful lot of our own ships right along with theirs. And no, they didn't slip past us unnoticed. I can sort of see where the first paragraph might give you that indication though if you didn't read the rest of the article.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by firebat

Originally posted by crisko

Yep it's real.

And what about our Navy?

We've used naval warships for non-combat purposes before... remember the Tsunami in 2004?

We send warships everywhere, regardless of whether or not they're guns are going to be used.... they're floating support centers and come in handy for logistical reasons.

Not to mention that we obviously use them in diplomatic procedures and events.

This is a diplomatic event. Anyways - when our Marines and Sailors take "day trips across the Pacific" they don't sit on the boat all day - they get out and enjoy the culture and maye even "play soccer"

That was the point I was trying to make.

[edit on 20-9-2006 by crisko]

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Yep it's real.

I take it you have never served on board a ship. The ship itself may be able to stay out indefinitely but the crew can't. Try a six month Indian Ocean deployment sometime and then tell me they are just here for the shopping.

I'm sure that there was more to their trip than just shopping and soccer. If the Chinese Navy gives their crew liberty, then this is a chance for them to meet people and see some of the world. Besides from what I've heard of China's military pay scale, they probably are not doing too much shopping.

As far as these ships posing a threat, I'm quite sure that there was probably a fast-attack sub keeping an eye on them on their trip over.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 02:49 PM
link   

I just cant wait till they leave. When they do hopefully peacefully I sure do hope its posted here. Cause right now Im not going to sleep very well.

More fear mongering I see. I don't know how you get out of bed in the morning? The whole world is out to get you!

We better beware! The Chinese may have snuck seven nukes over in these ships and ready to secretly off load them (they have super secret hatches that allow them to sneak them out the bottom while everyone is watching Desperate Housewives) for later detonation by al Qaeda operatives!!!

How is this worrisome in any shape or fashion? Two small warships? Come on! The United States routinely has ships in port in other countries and I don't hear any other country whining to this extent. What is happening to this country? The paranoia and fear displayed daily is beyond belief. We never used to be like this. What is happening to people?

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Okay, China is here docked at the San Diego Naval complex for a pre-planned training mission/diplomatic appearance. I don't think one Chinese ship poses a "threat" to the US. Could it do some damage to the area sure ... but that would end very quickly. We may not have the best relations with China but they're not considered an enemy.

I don't think the Chinese government would be ready to throw away all the $$'s made by the US importing their goods and selling them. Almost everything at the local WalMart is from China.

The article from USA today mentions that the ship is almost defenseless against air attacks and is meant to be used near China's coast where they have adequate air protection.

www.usatoday.com...

I don't think we have anything to worry about. But who knows, maybe they're here to repo the panda's from the zoo??

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 06:00 PM
link   

.... Cause right now Im not going to sleep very well.

Preplanned or not, they have no business here. None.

Put on your tinfoil hats and the Chinese electrooptithingadoohickys wont be able to fry your brains. Sleep well

Anyways, this isnt really a big deal...

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 06:09 PM
link   
It is normal for countries at peace with each other to show up their ships and military capabilities. If both sides know each other's capabilities, both sides can predict the outcome of any conflict. Furthermore, it is good for both side to be familar enough with each other, that they don't accidently start shooting at each other, or miscalculate enemy intentions.

So long as both recognize they have nothing to gain from war with each other, they won't go to war. Considering the military makeup, China still has to figure out how to pursue her interests. This may include supporting US enemies, but it probably won't come to outright war.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Preplanned or not, they have no business here. None.

They were INVITED and WELCOMED to do search and rescue excercises. You're talking as if the Chinese just sent ships to the U.S. for no reason...

LOL, no business here? How about the U.S. Warships in Asia... the U.S. Air bases surrounding China? The American spy plane that crashed into a Chinese plane off the coast of China? What business do THEY have there?

If China even THOUGHT about building an air base in Latin America... EVERYONE here would be screaming their balls off. YET THE U.S. has air bases in Asia surrounding China that can bomb any Chinese city within an hour...

How about if China sent a spy plane near American shores... you guys would be screaming "WAR!!!!" (you people know who you are) yet the U.S. has done the exact same thing to the PRC.

Talk about hipocrisy.

[edit on 20-9-2006 by k4rupt]

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 08:43 PM
link   

The American spy plane that crashed into a Chinese plane off the coast of China? What business do THEY have there?

Don't really care to argue your other points but you're giving us too much credit, Wang deserves some recognition in this, no? And that plane was over international waters BTW.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 09:34 PM
link   

I take it you have never served on board a ship.

Of that sir you would be correct.

The ship itself may be able to stay out indefinitely but the crew can't. Try a six month Indian Ocean deployment sometime and then tell me they are just here for the shopping.

From what I understand, they were'nt serving as tour of duty,
they came here straight from China itself, I'd of course understand
if they'd been out for half a year.

As far as these ships posing a threat, I'm quite sure that there was probably a fast-attack sub keeping an eye on them on their trip over.

I don't see it as a threat either, considering that the technology is
atleast a generation or two behind ours, and it's based on our as is,
so we'd know the weak points.

The reason I don't like it, is because in my opinion China is an enemy
of not only the U.S., but of the free world, both through the manipulation
of their own economy, and there blatant civil rights limitations and
humanitarian rights violations.

And when it comes to our enemies, I don't think we should be letting
their ships dock here.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 09:37 PM
link   
If China didnt have a nuclear weapon cached in the area, I bet they do now. I doubt our Military is competant or proactive enough to make sure they didnt drop one somewhere. Thats a possibility. But I suppose if they wanted to do that they could use a more covert ship like a cargo hauler or something anyways.

I never agree with foreign armies in US territory for any reason. I dont even beleive in trade, tourism, or immigration.

SEAL THE BORDER AND COAST AGAINST ANYTHING THAT MOVES.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 10:22 PM
link   

"Chinese military exercises increasingly focus on the United States as an adversary."

FYI, when a country wants a strong military, they don't practice fighting the weakest military they practice fighting the strongest military. As of right now the strongest most powerful military is the USA. That is why their exercises focus on the USA.

You want to train for the worst case scenario, which would be China vs USA. Not China vs Mexico.

[edit on 20-9-2006 by LAES YVAN]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join