It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3000 energy patents classified .... is this true?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   
There could be a legitimate reason such patents are kept out of public view.

For example, let's say there is some fancy zero point energy generator that liberates energy from the quantum vacuum, and can be used to power all sorts of devices with no fuel, no moving parts, and no byproducts. A dream come true, give one to everybody, right?

Not so fast...what if there is SO much energy available through the device, that it can easily be turned into something that generates an uncontrolled reaction that makes Hiroshima look like a firecracker? And what if the principle of operation is so simple that anybody with a little electrica knowledge could cause the device to do that?

You start passing these things out, it's like putting a nuke in every home in the US (or the world)...I like people, but I don't think I'd trust them with that.

The point is, not every reason for keeping something secret is a sinister reason.

[edit on 15-8-2006 by MrMorden]

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 06:20 PM
link   

"Not so fast...what if there is SO much energy available through the device, that it can easily be turned into something that generates an uncontrolled reaction that makes Hiroshima look like a firecracker? And what if the principle of operation is so simple that anybody with a little electrica knowledge could cause the device to do that?"

Uhmmm......If a little electrical knowledge is all that's necessary then anyone who really wants to use it for evil can do that anyway.

Besides with gas prices the way they are personally I'll take that risk.

You are missing the point man, they are suppressing any technology they don't manufacture or have a hand in supplying. Go to waterpoweredcar.com... and read the part about how all the new hybrids are totally inefficiant on purpose. It's all about them selling you the hydrogen tanks once you purchase the car. So you still have to pay the major manufacters' if you want to travel. You see what got Stan killed was that it took them almost completely out of the loop. Not to mention he didn't need them to manufacter the kit. It's a crying shame.

[edit on 16-8-2006 by PLeasant]

[edit on 16-8-2006 by PLeasant]

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrMorden
Not so fast...what if there is SO much energy available through the device, that it can easily be turned into something that generates an uncontrolled reaction that makes Hiroshima look like a firecracker? And what if the principle of operation is so simple that anybody with a little electrica knowledge could cause the device to do that?

If there are thousands of such patents, you can expect hundreds of thousands of people to at least theoretically know how to build such a device (few people would actually look for patents, if it was easily built, they'd just use it and watch their backs for big oil's thugs). in that case, secrecy just prevents us all from developing awareness, and ultimately, a remedy.

i have a question for you: what would gov'ts be more afraid of?

• a new doomsday bomb
    OR
  • a way to easily control nuclear reactions and, by extension, disable nuclear weapons

i think we all know the answer, don't we?

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mystery_Lady
The only problem I can see if some one develops an enegry device that almost anyone can create and puts it on the net for everyone to see without getting a patient. Some major company or government agent will see it, patient it themselves, and have it classified. Then they would go after any one and everyone who had the information freely published on the net claiming they somehow stole the information, or apply pressure to have them remove the information.

That's not how patents work. Once something has been revealed to the public, no one can patent it.

In the US, the inventor has one year to patent something after a release to the public, or an "offer for sale" to anyone. No one else can patent it. Overseas, the inventor instantly loses the right to patent after a release to the public.

As your local neighborhood Boeing Boenoid, I can assure you that the energy companies are far outnumbered by the other giant companies that use electricity and power. If "free energy" existed and worked, Boeing would desperately want it to power our airplanes and helicopters and satellites and missles.

Fuel is the single largest recurring expense in operating a jetliner - that's why Boeing is spending billions of dollars making the 787 which will use 20% less fuel.

Fuel is one of the most vital things to transport to a battlefield, and one of the most difficult. If "free energy" existed and Uncle Sam knew about it, then all our fighter jets and tanks would be running on it.

-Boenoid

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 02:07 PM
link   
One of those is mine it is called the pie engine it runs of pie. O crap of to jail I go.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Jules Verne was the first to describe a hydrogen economy.

Anyone could have just build it since then?

magnetmotor.go-here.nl...

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Boenoid
As your local neighborhood Boeing Boenoid, I can assure you that the energy companies are far outnumbered by the other giant companies that use electricity and power.

Sure and the number of people who eat food vastly outnumber those who produce it which does not lead to everyone being able to eat and instead results in a billion odd people going to be hungry every night.

If "free energy" existed and worked, Boeing would desperately want it to power our airplanes and helicopters and satellites and missles.

Why? It's a advantage all other airlines and manufacturers will quickly copy with the net result that no great advantage is gained? In fact isn't there the risk that very small power sources may lead to a revolution in mass transport by making it in many ways redundant?

Fuel is the single largest recurring expense in operating a jetliner - that's why Boeing is spending billions of dollars making the 787 which will use 20% less fuel.

That's not why they are building the 787 ( anyone heard of the A380?) but the fact that they must means that they also have to do something that can actually compete. Since it wont be in shear size and technological edge it is aiming to emulate the savings made trough larger size by composites and other operational/production savings.

Fuel is one of the most vital things to transport to a battlefield, and one of the most difficult.

And also something the other guy has to do too; there is no point to simplify logistics and general war fighting when it would mean complete refurbishment .

If "free energy" existed and Uncle Sam knew about it, then all our fighter jets and tanks would be running on it.
-Boenoid

Why? Why could uncle Sam not even keep up with Soviet spending in the 80's leading to a massive national debt and failing infrastructure before the USSR decided it had a sufficiently useful strategic lead to start a massive reform process? Why has the US economic situation not improved since and what is to be gained when all countries can suddenly deploy more fighting systems now that significant savings have been made in terms of supply trains? What would happen other than combat becoming still more lethal yet?

Stellar

[edit on 16-7-2008 by StellarX]

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
People that develop this "free energy" systems fall into the same trap that the elite fall into. They want money and/or power.

If you ever discover "free energy", put the blueprints and plans on the internet, and give it away. Once more than a few people have built it, and found that it works, then it will be unstoppable.

But notice, they all want money, money, money. EVEN IF YOU DEVELOP SOMETHING LIKE THIS, YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO MAKE MONEY ON IT. Giving it away into the public domain is the only viable alternative.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   

For example, let's say there is some fancy zero point energy generator that liberates energy from the quantum vacuum, and can be used to power all sorts of devices with no fuel, no moving parts, and no byproducts. A dream come true, give one to everybody, right?

You start passing these things out, it's like putting a nuke in every home in the US (or the world)...I like people, but I don't think I'd trust them with that.

The point is, not every reason for keeping something secret is a sinister reason.

I'll say one thing about everyone having a nuke. We'd be a LOT more polite as a society.

If everyone had the equivalent of a nuke, I think judges would be a little quicker to render true justice, and not strict adherence to "the law".

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I can not find the video of a guy talking about Patents He was saying the same thing over 3000 devices that we can use for free energy But they are in some big w/house with dust on them

181. Secrecy of certain inventions and withholding of patent

Whenever publication or disclosure by the publication of an application or by the grant of a patent on an invention in which the Government has a property interest might, in the opinion of the head of the interested Government agency, be detrimental to the national security, the Commissioner of Patents upon being so notified shall order that the invention be kept secret and shall withhold the publication of the application or the grant of a patent therefor under the conditions set forth hereinafter

www.bitlaw.com...

Makes you wonder how many other devices have been put in that w/house Free energy Health and the list would go on

And who says they are not holding us back

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   

For example, let's say there is some fancy zero point energy generator that liberates energy from the quantum vacuum....

A dream come true, give one to everybody, right?

Not so fast...what if there is SO much energy available through the device, that it can easily be turned into something that generates an uncontrolled reaction that makes Hiroshima look like a firecracker?

I think you are on the right track here.

Energy is second only to wages as an operating cost.

If the fuel market suddenly loses all value, then that would be one major MAJOR geopolitical shift. Saudi Arabia anyone? Things would move too fast for them to keep control.

Imagine if every little tinpot gangster in the world - like Mugabe for example - could suddenly cut the fuel bill to zero, a lot more money for themselves and corrupt judges, mercenaries, bigger weapons, more wars.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 03:46 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 06:22 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I find this stuff fascinating.

A person just needs to research a little bit to find out about The Invention Secrecy Act passed in 1917 as a wartime measure to prevent publication of inventions that might be detrimental to the public safety or defense or might assist the enemy or endanger the successful prosecution of the war. This measure ended with the conclusion of the war.

The act was resurrected again in 1940 and extended to the end of the war.

Then in 1951 it was again reinstated with the following provisions: the secrecy orders be kept no longer than one year unless renewed. There was a catch, the act also stated that a secrecy order in effect, or issued, during a national emergency declared by the President shall remain in effect for the duration of the national emergency and six months after. Now Truman had an emergency that lasted from 1951 to September of 1978.

If a guy wanted to look a little deeper, he's look into Special Laws Administration Unit or Armed Services Patent Advisory Board. There may be limited information on the first group within the internet community.

I know of a patent that was classified in 1917 that only saw the light of day in 1999. It had to do with radio stuff, but the technology was considered finally obsolete so it was released.

Wiki has an article about this act which is partially correct. Normal for them. It does list the number of secret patents being held. More than 3000 regardless.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   
GUESS WHAT!?!?!?

During the second world war my granfather had his motorbike converted...
you know at the time fuel was not easy to find...
you know what my fathers old man did?
with his limited resources he extracted gas from coal and ran his bike on that gas!!!!
amazing yes?!
the bludy bike is still there in the village!

all of this 70 years ago!
today we cannot divide bananas between two monkeys

Farewell
GIO

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I want to make sure everybody watches this video with the best water powered vehicle I've seen so far.

3,000 miles on pure water baby!

www.project.nsearch.com...

Spread the word!

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
There isnt just the US patent. Find me a house powered by free energy, just one.
edit on 5-12-2010 by Cassius666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Mystery_Lady

Of course they are classified. Wouldn't want you to have free energy when it's better if you pay for it, right? Tesla wanted everyone to have free electricity, but Westinghouse and Edison shut him down. As long as Lobby's are allowed in Washington D.C. there will be no free energy for anyone but the Rich Elite. And what's more, the same elite want to kill you too. Now you can sleep better tonight.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Yes it is true and dont let anybody tell you otherwise. Inventors have spoken out about being threatened and many inventors have even been killed. The black budget shadow govt. and NWO really don't like competition and don't want people to NOT be slaves, therefore they just remove whatever stands in their way.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join