It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pictures from Inside Groom Lake

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

I think as some people pointed out, some of the pictures in this thread definitely weren't from Groom lake.

Some photos might be from Groom Lake, like this F-117A predecessor photo:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by zorgon
This is a photo of Ed in front of the F117 in a hanger at Groom Lake... according to...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4db194fdb615.gif[/atsimg]

But it's a good question. Unless you've been to that hangar in groom lake I don't know how you'd confirm it, most of us can't get inside.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
That picture of the YF-117A (SENIOR TREND) undergoing maintenance in the hangar was definitely taken at Groom Lake.I have confirmed this with people who worked on the program in the early days. It appears to be Hangar 9 which, at the time was the easternmost hangar on the Southend ramp.

I have been trying to identify the various people in the photo. Under the right wing, the person with the blue checkered shirt appears to be Jimmy Yates, mechanic. The person facing him with the light shirt has been tentatively identified as Bill Blackwood, crew chief, and the next person with the flight jacket on is Roy Wilson, structures mechanic. I believe the man under the left wing facing towards the camera is Randy Duffy, either an electrician or technician. I have not positively identified the person on top of the A/C, or the two people under the left center of the A/C, or the fireman.

The camouflage netting was hung over the hangar's north entrance to prevent unauthorized personnel from seeing the aircraft, which was considered "sight sensitive" at that time (circa 1981). Whenever it was operating outdoors, uncleared personnel had to be sequestered inside various buildings without windows. The same was true for TACIT BLUE when it arrived in early 1982. Because the SENIOR TREND test team was working at the Southend and the TACIT BLUE test team was based at Hangar 8, just to the north, it became a hardship to stop work for one team while the other had their plane out in the open. Eventually both teams were cleared to see each other's aircraft.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadowhawk

Thanks for the confirmation and the names of those you've identified so far.

I was interested to see if Ed Fouche was among those you identified since he is the one that post I referenced was referring to. As far as I can tell, his stories seem to be mixtures of fact and fiction and I wasn't sure which category the claim he was in that photo fell into?

That's also interesting they relaxed the compartmentation a little bit to avoid the logistics issues with the other aircraft being tested from a nearby hangar. It makes sense though.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Well, nobody I know from the F-117A program remembers Ed Fouche, and Ed seems to have misidentified several people in the photo, as well as getting several other facts wrong in his description of the picture.

I am skeptical of Ed for a number of reasons. He gets a lot of facts wrong and makes some dubious claims. Among the most notable are the KGB items he shows to try to establish his intelligence bonafides and the letter that supposedly proves he worked for DARPA at Area 51.

He shows some alleged KGB insignia and documents with the explanation, “All the Russian passport, flight cloth badge, KGB badge, the letter from Kiev Russia from the Station Chief, were mine and issued to me for a TS operation.”

The problem is that the KGB passport is fake. The cloth badge and the metal badge are also fake, and both are widely available at many Army-Navy surplus stores. I have seen examples of both real and fake KGB badges, patches, and identification cards.

The letter supposedly assigning Ed from Strategic Air Command to the Defense Advanced Projects Research Agency requires more analysis but seems to be less interesting that Ed makes it out to be. He explains,“First DARPA asked that I be available until 1987). This was in regards to Area 51. Notice the DoD, Department of Defense seal, and not the USAF or SAC seal. Since I was assigned to SAC Hq., DARPA’s request went to them. This letter is SAC’s (DoD office) response to the request. The first blackened out part is a classified assignment SCI/SAP code. The second blackened out part is my SSN. AAR is After Action Request, refers to a classified program. This was blackened out by me as the specific AAR is classified TS. The last blackened area is because in has classification information and is also stamped Top Secret. And also the name of the senior NCO is blackened out, but BigPappy, (Danny B), and Mark Hall, Jeremy (alienscientist.com), Eddie Curry, and Bill Handel and others saw this document before it was blackened out. I’m on the thin grey line on this but am willing to post it.” I thought I had destroyed all my classified documents. This was a surprise discovery for me. To most this will not prove or mean anything. But it shows that DARPA thought I was special and wanted me to be available until my retirement date.”

Here is my preliminary analysis. This letter is UNCLASSIFIED. It was never marked as classified material (no classification markings, no control number, no Copy X of Y). There is nothing unusual about the letterhead. Use of the DoD seal is standard. The letter was signed by the NCO in Charge, Airman Aircraft Maintenance Assignments Section, Office of the Directorate of Assignments, Deputy Chief of Staff for Personnel. The letter was sent to the Quality Control and Evaluation Division, office code LGMQ. Where it says REPLY TO: DARPA, this might be a five-letter office code (such as DPAQR, the Command Records Branch at SAC HQ). The letter indicates that the Air Force Manpower and Personnel Center (AFMPC) has approved an After Action Review (or Report), a professional discussion of an event, focused on performance standards, that enables soldiers/airmen to discover for themselves what happened, why it happened, and how to sustain strengths and improve on weaknesses. It is a tool that commanders and units can use to get maximum benefit from every mission or task.
It would have been helpful to see what Ed blacked out. He claims he redacted the material because it is classified but this is a false claim since the document itself is unclassified, having never contained any classified material.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
These pictures are incredible. I'm a complete newbie when it comes to this stuff, so thanks for the pics everyone. I was just wondering, instead of Googling, could anyone provide me with more information about these "camo dudes" i keep seeing in posts ? I'd appreciate it.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
The links in most peoples replies aren't working for me. Is it just me? If not can you guys please fix it. Thanks

I hope the links aren't working because "someone" doesn't want us to see them.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by sikkwitit

This thread was started in 2005 so some of the links aren't working because the pictures or pages are no longer on the site linked. I doubt anyone is keeping this info from us. Insted it is more likely that web sites change over time and even close down so the what the url provides may not always be the same.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by iksmodnad

I cant get any of your pics to come up all i get is( The page cannot be found)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by sugarcookie1
reply to post by iksmodnad

I cant get any of your pics to come up all i get is( The page cannot be found)

I can't seem to get to many of the images up either.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
thats awesome =p

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Well I managed to go on the sites but none of them are in English damn foreigners.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Its too bad alot of the links no longer work

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
This is very good plan to come with various options..

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
dammed they look verry good . i wanna go there
(((

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by cheemo20
I wonder what it takes to get a job at Groom Lake or Area 51? I dont have any pictures but everything I've seen so far is flipping awesome! Although I'm not so sure all of those were taken inside of Groom Lake... How did someone manage to get a camera in there and take a picture? And wouldn't the government taken those pictures off of whatever site you got them from before anyone could use them for something like this?

I still think they're amazing though, sorry for being so negative...

Everything has to have pictures whether classified or not. Those pictures we see were once for a very few people to see that didn't have direct access to the aircraft. I have no idea who took them specifically but it was military or government personnel acting under orders. Treason is a very serious crime. So serious that if you commit treason you'll likely never be heard from again. No one would even try to sneak a camera in and take illegal pictures. The reason there aren't many pictures of these things in the early phases is because the less pictures in existence the less a chance of a security leak. I'm sure right now there are a number of pictures in existence of aircraft that would make this stuff look like a bunch of lightweights. We'll see those in 20 years.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Good find, they look genuine to me shame there is no pictures of the underground base though

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Very nice pics but, on some of them it's hard to tell if they were actually taken at area 51.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur
reply to post by bohemiangrove

Interesting manual, thanks. Since it's only marked "official use only" I don't think sharing it constitutes treason.

I stumbled across this video which shows that security manual at work, they detained a trespasser until the sheriff arrived to arrest him, and then he threatened the guy filming this:

What Happens If You Cross the Line at Area 51

The signs say they can shoot you if they feel like it ("deadly force authorized") so he's lucky he only got arrested and not shot.

Originally posted by EchoM
I have a difficult time believing that these photos are anything secret at all...seriously!

How 'bout some real real photos....or is that asking for too much?

Sharing recent photos of classified activities from Groom Lake might constitute treason and I'd guess this website is probably monitored to make sure such photos don't show up here.

That's why you'll only find older de-classified photos, such as those of the F-117 when it was tested at Groom Lake. I still find those pretty cool. They were secret at one time, but not anymore. You can't expect to find anything more than that.
edit on 12-4-2011 by Arbitrageur because: clarification
"This is called Waking The Dead The Us Military is just trying to rust(rest) in peace out there in the area 51 site They don't like anyone walking over their graves! Wake up dead and repay the debt so the Groom can collect his bride of front line UFO technology." The Dissident Aggressor
edit on 24-7-2011 by UFOOWNER because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-7-2011 by UFOOWNER because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join