It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Power Grid Under Attack

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2023 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Can you link please ?

a reply to: incoserv

posted on Jan, 10 2023 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I need to stock up on gas for the generators to run my freezers. I have been using my gas in the plow truck and I am down to ten gallons of reserve gas in stock. It is premium and no ethynol, so it lasts about six months in storage and needs to be rotated which I usually do. I have to fill the two five gallon cans again and dump the other two five gallon cans into the truck and then fill them, they are about five months old already.

Food stocks and supplies are adequate other than we only have like eight pounds of potatoes in stock. Need to keep those up to twenty pounds in stock. A lot of what we have is frozen, and a freezer needs to be plugged in for an hour every day, since we have three freezers, it takes a gallon of gas to run the freezers a day. The fridge, we can just take out a roast or chicken to thaw it in the freezer. It keeps it cold. As for heat, I have a kitchen woodstove and enough wood to last to heat the house and cook for about two months. My generators will not run the pump though, it is 220 volt and I have never wired in a switch and plug in for the big generator that has 220 on it.

It is winter, stuff will stay cold outside in the shed, I can open the windows in the shed to cool it down below freezing most times for short term.

We probably have about four grand in supplies in stock and we could go maybe five months without needing anything other than milk and eggs.

posted on Jan, 10 2023 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany
a reply to: YouSir

I understand where you are coming from but I didn't see any mention of Russia?
Do you mean these wingnuts were Russian operatives?

Ummm…The perfect sarcasm…much like finely tuned propaganda…accomplishes a spun narrative that engenders belief…where truth need not be present…

Wouldn’t the probability be greater…if indeed these acts are instigated by a foreign power…that rather than any agent personally performing such…instead one such might simply…hire disenchanted locals to perform…?

Probably…or not…

YouSir

posted on Jan, 10 2023 @ 11:04 PM
link   

edit on Tue Jan 10 2023 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2023 @ 11:04 PM
link   

a reply to: anonentity

Very true . A lot of my colleagues have a lot of chest freezers. I am wondering how many have curing salt

Ummm…I use curing salt to make home made spam…and rendered beef fat to make pemmican…I also make my own sausage and jerk…Smoking meat is a tasty way to preserve as well as canning meat in a pressure canner…

Good methods to know and practice…kinda fun as well…

YouSir

posted on Jan, 11 2023 @ 03:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir
Smoking meat is a tasty way to preserve as well as canning meat in a pressure canner…

Good methods to know and practice…kinda fun as well…

I totally agree! I really enjoy canning stuff! (Other than that one time when I myself canned 51 quarts of green beans in a 24 hour period; one didn't seal, so I ended up with only 50 quarts. They lasted me three years, though.) A lot of people don't realize that, if you can buy it in the store, it can be canned at home. More than just simple green beans or potatoes, too. Like you said, things with meat as well. Some of the things I can that have meat in them is:

Beef Vegetable Soup
Chili
Beef Stew
Turkey Vegetable Soup
Chicken and Rice Soup
Hamburger Goulash
and Ham and Beans

These are all things that are like a complete meal, and all you have to do is heat and serve. I really enjoy the whole process - it's like I'm using my hands and my skills to create stuff that didn't exist before I canned them. It's quite a rewarding pasttime.

TCB

posted on Jan, 11 2023 @ 05:53 AM
link   

edit on 1/11/2023 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2023 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

As others on the thread said, the grid going down completely is a part of the plan.

I think it's either "inside job" or being allowed to happen without recourse.

posted on Jan, 11 2023 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse
I have canned dairy free milk so that hubby always has some. It was very easy. And I just tried water glassing eggs in October. Check it out. It worked great. I’m especially glad that I did, since a dozen eggs here now are just under $6!

Just got a notification that all US departing flights are grounded because of a system failure! Grab some popcorn, things are going to get interesting with the whole domino effect thing!

WOQ

posted on Jan, 11 2023 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

Care to start a topic on your pemmican making process?

posted on Jan, 11 2023 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: MykeNukem

Kinda like the 9/11 allow-it-to-happen-on-purpose scenario. An onion in an onion in an onion.

posted on Jan, 11 2023 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: MykeNukem

As others on the thread said, the grid going down completely is a part of the plan.

I think it's either "inside job" or being allowed to happen without recourse.

I think Vladimir Putin said the best way to hit us is to take out our power grid, and then nuke the silos where the disabled missiles are sitting ducks.

posted on Jan, 11 2023 @ 08:52 AM
link   
There was also an attack at a Vegas power/Solar plant.

here's a video from a Las Vegas resident telling about it.

posted on Jan, 11 2023 @ 09:19 AM
link   

My mom, my dad and my FIL all grew up in a “rustic” way.

My mom grew up without ALL modern amenities. No washer, dryer, no indoor plumbing, no electric.
They heated with coal, and the river was her water, her bath, her laundry.

I asked her if it was difficult, she she yes but they didn’t know any better so it wasn’t a big deal.

My FIL said they didn’t have a grocery store, if they wanted to eat they grew, hunted or caught it.
He had very fond memories of frog legs, squirrel brains and other rustic food.

I know sometimes it’s scary to think about our modern luxuries being threatened, but keep in mind more people in history lived without these things and it is POSSIBLE. Some might even say those were better times.

My mom said everyone was so poor, but they all shared, they had to in order to survive. She said people don’t have that friendship and neighborliness anymore.

posted on Jan, 11 2023 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

It's good to have that experience growing up rough, and yes it definitely fosters the village spirit!

I am blessed that my in-laws in Europe still live in an ancient farm house that has no plumbing, no heating, no washer, no dryer. Their water comes directly from a pipe they laid themselves from the spring up the mountain. Some of the most delicious water I have tasted.
If it's raining they have to dry the clothes by the hearth, and that is how they get their heat. They cure their own meats and make their own wine.
Visiting them a few years ago was a real treat.
Every year they still have the annual grape harvest and everyone helps each other.
They also grow their own potatoes, lettuce, onions etc. It's really cool

I like frog legs and escargot but I have never had squirrel!

posted on Jan, 11 2023 @ 10:33 AM
link   

but it's a heck of a lot easier to get a hunting rifle and pop some transformers. If you pop enough of them, it's months on the lead time to replacement.

Sounds like a good way to drum up some prevailing wage, per diem etc, and time away from the Old Lady by IBEW Boys. Wheres the closest 'Office' ahem..to each attack site? You guys know what kind of office Im referring to..maybe that was just the old days, we got tech now..shell never know..ok, to be fair it could be a good fishing hole close or some other hooky playin spot..

Or its nihilist trans nazi hillbilly anarchists backed by Russian organized crime using the cartels as muscle to wage war on the US.
edit on 11-1-2023 by didntasktobeborned because: .

edit on 11-1-2023 by didntasktobeborned because: ..

edit on 11-1-2023 by didntasktobeborned because: ...

edit on 11-1-2023 by didntasktobeborned because: ….

edit on 11-1-2023 by didntasktobeborned because: …..

edit on 11-1-2023 by didntasktobeborned because: …...

edit on 11-1-2023 by didntasktobeborned because: …...

posted on Jan, 11 2023 @ 12:53 PM
link   
BUT, BUT, what about charging your EV up. No power, no charging, no vehicle, no transport.

posted on Jan, 11 2023 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: Ahabstar

I’d think about a folding pocket sized twig stove or a couple 6” x 12” grates and practice cooking with fire.

I have already been doing that.
I have a rocket stove, and I’ve been teaching myself alternate ways of starting a fire. There are a lot of them out there that I never imagined.

The rocket stove cooks very hot, but it took more twigs than I thought.

For survival training in the Army we built Mud ovens that worked very well. It is not hard to do if you have a clay soil there are lots of good ideas on how to proceed on youtube.

posted on Jan, 11 2023 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrulyColorBlind
Another alternate way to cook with fire is to take those spikey things from gumball trees and dip them in wax. When you light them, they work like a hundred candles burning at once. I used a 1 gallon vegetable tin can and cooked bacon and eggs for breakfast. It took two gumballs to cook the bacon halfway, then when they burned out, I replaced them with two fresh ones and finished cooking the bacon until it was crispy and the eggs. I simply placed the open top of the can down on some sticks I had stacked, to get it off the ground and let it get a little air to burn better, and it worked perfectly. I made a little tinfoil tray to burn the gumballs in and this method also has the distinct advantage that you can cook without anybody able to see your fire. It makes a great portable stove for when you're camping - I even used the can top itself for the cooking surface, although a real pan is easier. Here's some pictures I took to show what it looked like:

Excellent! That is well done and well thought thru.

posted on Jan, 11 2023 @ 02:42 PM
link   

a reply to: anonentity

Very true . A lot of my colleagues have a lot of chest freezers. I am wondering how many have curing salt

I have some of that colored salt that comes in slabs from the Middle East for just such an adventure.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join