It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Power Grid Under Attack

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2023 @ 04:08 PM
link   
It seems like there is a media blackout of the increased attacks on power plants throughout the USA.
Already this year there have been a few, and many more last year than usual.

As always, Joseph Farrell tells it best, and compiles the stories:

gizadeathstar.com...

Is this news to anyone? Anyone shocked that it's not being reported?
Nothing to see here?

I think the ol' chestnut of 'neo nazis/far right extrmists wanting to sow chaos' is getting a little old.
Reads more like deep government shenanigans to me.

Do you notice how POLITICO (shocker) leaves out the Las Vegas attack of this month, committed by a chap named Mohammad? (see Farrels blog)

www.politico.com...

Will you be stocking up on more ammo, propane, survival food?

posted on Jan, 10 2023 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

My hubby talked to a lineman in our town 20 years ago trying to locate the source of interference. The guy basically said what I had read about decades ago; our entire US power grid is in desperate deed of a complete makeover.
Every year our utility bill increases to 'update' their infrastructure, but you never see it in the field. What you DO see is 'record profits' announced each year, with another 1-2 million added to the CEO's bonus for 'doing such a good job'.

As towns and cities grow, they just splice in new lines to the old, outdated ones. This 'peace meal' approach has kicked the can down the road for many decades and it looks like the day of reckoning is finally here.

There may be attacks on our substations, or it may just be more false flag to hide their incompetence. The fact that the news has/is making a big deal out of it-and the 'likely right wing extremists' being responsible-keeps me from accepting the official story. I'll wait and watch it play out a bit more.

posted on Jan, 10 2023 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

I am in no doubt we need a complete overhaul. Starting to bury power lines would be one obvious step, however I fail to see a failing system spending money getting weirdos to shoot at , blow up, or set fire to power stations.

posted on Jan, 10 2023 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I am not saying this is true. But I it is not impossible that the power authorities to be doing some of this themselves. And maybe not the power authorities but those who use fear to get their exploitation in...

posted on Jan, 10 2023 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Maxmars
I am not saying this is true. But I it is not impossible that the power authorities to be doing some of this themselves. And maybe not the power authorities but those who use fear to get their exploitation in...

That's my thought with agenda 2030 in full swing. The grid "going down" is in the play book somewhere..

posted on Jan, 10 2023 @ 05:10 PM
link   
And don't forget someone wants to get rid of gas appliances for some reason? Maybe your citizen score isn't high enough for electricity so they can remotely shut it off.

posted on Jan, 10 2023 @ 05:20 PM
link   

To answer your questions, no. I already stock up enough on those things as it is.

As for your attacks on power plants, this was something that every single operator in a power plant understands. Sure, some of the attacks can be cyber in nature, but it's a heck of a lot easier to get a hunting rifle and pop some transformers. If you pop enough of them, it's months on the lead time to replacement. Suppose you want to get into the really fun ones, the ones with man-made cooling ponds/dams. There's a plant I know of in Indiana that, if you were to compromise the dam there, it takes several years to refill. This is, of course, true for many more plants; that's just one of the largest generating sites I know of with a massive physical vulnerability.

I could tell stories for weeks on cyber security and power generation/transmission, but I don't want to keep folks up at night.

posted on Jan, 10 2023 @ 05:21 PM
link   

I thought there was a narrative about ring wing extremists shooting up power stations to stop/inconvenience so drag shows or something. That seemed to die off.

posted on Jan, 10 2023 @ 05:26 PM
link   

If you waited for this to start stocking up then you're way behind already!

I say good! Let it happen...in fact...bring it on already!

We've been due for something major anyway to unclog this system and the grid going down might just be the match strike to set the whole damn thing ablaze!

posted on Jan, 10 2023 @ 05:38 PM
link   
You will sit in the dark and eat raw bugs and like it.

1/3 of all ovens/ranges in the US are natural gas or propane. I can’t think of a camper/RV that doesn’t have propane stove/heat unless absent those appliances altogether. Think of your propane barbecue grills, Coleman camping stove, mini can single burner camp stoves. The old white gas Colman stoves and lanterns…

I’d think about a folding pocket sized twig stove or a couple 6” x 12” grates and practice cooking with fire.

posted on Jan, 10 2023 @ 05:39 PM
link   

If worst comes to worst,
Here is an ancient method of floor heat.
My mom grew up on this method.
It wouldn’t be too hard to do something like this to a small space.
I don’t think it would work for massive houses, but a shed, etc it would work

www.antiquealive.com...

posted on Jan, 10 2023 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

I’d think about a folding pocket sized twig stove or a couple 6” x 12” grates and practice cooking with fire.

I have already been doing that.
I have a rocket stove, and I’ve been teaching myself alternate ways of starting a fire. There are a lot of them out there that I never imagined.

The rocket stove cooks very hot, but it took more twigs than I thought.

posted on Jan, 10 2023 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

If worst comes to worst,
Here is an ancient method of floor heat.
My mom grew up on this method.
It wouldn’t be too hard to do something like this to a small space.
I don’t think it would work for massive houses, but a shed, etc it would work

www.antiquealive.com...

Very good! The art of heating stones has been around (and used) almost forever!

Even some European designs of placing a hot iron pan (of sorts) under a bed, in a rack, to keep it warm at night! I think this was brought over to the Americas early on too!

I guess it's called a warming pan...

A bed warmer or warming pan was a common household item in countries with cold winters, especially in Europe.[citation needed] It consisted of a metal container, usually fitted with a handle and shaped somewhat like a modern frying pan, with a solid or finely perforated lid. The pan would be filled with embers and placed under the covers of a bed, to warm it up or dry it out before use.

Warming Pan

posted on Jan, 10 2023 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany
a reply to: nugget1

I am in no doubt we need a complete overhaul. Starting to bury power lines would be one obvious step, however I fail to see a failing system spending money getting weirdos to shoot at , blow up, or set fire to power stations.

They've deliberately let the power grid fall into disrepair. It needs a complete do-over at this point, and still the issue doesn't get addressed.

I remember during this time there was a scandal in DC that SHOULD have been getting media attention, but this was much more worthy of news coverage. I don't even remember what it was-FBI/CIA caught red handed in one of their nefarious deeds I think.

Whenever there's a big, scary news evet-especially if the focus 'suspects' RW extremists-I always look around for a bigger story being hidden.
edit on 200000066America/Chicago311 by nugget1 because: sp

posted on Jan, 10 2023 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

It seems that way if you think of the number of twigs used in a normal campfire as the twig stage only lasts so long. But imagine if the logs were still twigs you will find that the stove is more efficient than the regular fire. Also the stove leaves less of a trace if you collect your ashes over a bowl to bury or disperse in the undergrowth when cooled and safe.

While you will see hundreds (thousands?) of videos on soda can alcohol stoves (using two cans)…you can indeed make a twig stove out of a single soda can with a can opener (p-38 or multitool) and a knife. It just doesn’t last as long as a tin can one. But are both lighter and easier to come by as standard roadside trash usually has soda or beer cans.

posted on Jan, 10 2023 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
And don't forget someone wants to get rid of gas appliances for some reason? Maybe your citizen score isn't high enough for electricity so they can remotely shut it off.

www.cnn.com...

A federal agency is considering a ban on gas stoves, a source of indoor pollution linked to childhood asthma.

In an interview with Bloomberg, a US Consumer Product Safety commissioner said gas stove usage is a “hidden hazard.”

“Any option is on the table. Products that can’t be made safe can be banned,” agency commissioner Richard Trumka Jr. told Bloomberg. The report said the agency plans “to take action” to address the indoor pollution caused by stoves.

The CPSC has been considering action on gas stoves for months. Trumka recommended in October that the CPSC seek public comment on the hazards associated with gas stoves. The pollutants have been linked to asthma and worsening respiratory conditions.

not to drift topic

we're doing it for the Children!!!
more and more burden on the electric grid. more dependency. more vulnerability.
not liking the trend.

posted on Jan, 10 2023 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Ummm...Prolly just...Russia...Russia...Russia...

You know...some small time payback for The US blowing up the Nordstream 1&2 pipelines...

YouSir

posted on Jan, 10 2023 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Personally I don't think it's all connected in the way that some believe.

I think the connection begins and ends on online forums. Much like this one.
people throw rumors around about whatever and it inspires others to act.

None of them really know each other and they all have their own reason for attacking the power grid but I don't think they are working with each other.

I've seen the idea of attacking the grid and conversations of the grids weakness had here on ats. But if an ats member went out and actually attacked one ( and we don't know if that has happened, it might have) I wouldn't think they were working with some other people that attack's some other part of the grid in some other state.
But I would think that the propaganda that manipulated them into attacking their own country was coming from the same places online.

Yes, but not because of attacks on the grid. I don't think there will ever be enough fools here in the states to ever take down the entire grid for a long period of time.

I think the ol' chestnut of 'neo nazis/far right extrmists wanting to sow chaos' is getting a little old.
Reads more like deep government shenanigans to me.

I wouldn't be surprised if neo nazi were involved in grid attacks. Would you?
I wouldn't be surprised if environmentalists were involved.
I wouldn't be surprised if it was psy-ops run by the government or even off the books extreme training.
I wouldn't be surprised if far right extremists were involved.

Is this news to anyone? Anyone shocked that it's not being reported?
Nothing to see here?

It's being reported here is cnn in december www.cnn.com...
Yahoo news news.yahoo.com...
Npr 5 days ago www.npr.org...
Forbes www.forbes.com... b8112e6e6a4
I could link another 20 but you get the idea. What makes you think it's not being reported on?
edit on 10-1-2023 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2023 @ 07:16 PM
link   
It seems like an opportune time to take the grid down delete all the damning data, put censorship systems in place, CDBC online. Then bring it back up.

posted on Jan, 10 2023 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

I think that is very possible. Also, some just copycatting what they see on news stories.

Multiple unrelated attacks with them all taking place in an opertune time period.
edit on 1 10 2023 by beyondknowledge because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join