It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why NOBODY should be using the 'thumbs up' emoji in 2022

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

❄️

Hehehehe!!!

Seriously. An emofi taint no thang but a buffalo wing!

I.E., Seems like a good idea but we all end up eating chicken wings at the end of the day.

And is this really an issue??? Sounds like a first world problem if ever there was one!

🎤

(Not sure if this is a mike drop or an open mike! Are “LOL”s still ok?? Or are they only for grandpa?)

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov

I plan on continuing to use the thumb emoji when so inclined, not in retaliation or anything, but because I'm old enough not to care if it makes some people think I'm old or if they don't like how I express myself.
:LOL:

Me too -- of course! If I thought there were any merit to the complaint -- if I really thought it could legitimately be considered offense -- I'd probably find another way to express myself. But those I use it with know I mean no offense, and will take it in the spirit intended (even if they laugh at me for using it!).

These kids are the guinea pigs for many, at times concurrent, social and medical experiments so I really can't blame them for being all messed up.

This is true, but peer pressure and societal pressure has always and will always be a thing, that everyone is subjected to. It's not much different than the doctors and nurses who went along with the dangerous Covid protocols. Or the teachers and administrators going along with the trans agenda. Or the people going along with the racemongers. At some point, taking responsibility for one's self and one's thoughts and feelings and especially one's deeds is absolutely crucial. Reality will always bite us in the arse when we least expect it. It's survival of the fittest -- mentally, emotionally and physically.

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

❄️

Seriously. An emofi taint no thang but a buffalo wing!

And is this really an issue??? Sounds like a first world problem if ever there was one!

Apparently it really is. I have no idea how they got here, but apparently they did!

(Not sure if this is a mike drop or an open mike! Are “LOL”s still ok?? Or are they only for grandpa?)

LOL away! No hating here

edit on 12-10-2022 by Boadicea because: formatting

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Just assholes seeking attention over nothing.

A thumbs up.

Oh my, the world is crashing down !!

PULLEAZZE.....

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Oh no the outrage!

Those damn kids!!!

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutomateThis1v2
Oh no the outrage!

Those damn kids!!!

LOL!

I think us old fogeys got the better end of the stick this time.... who knew we could have so much fun with this???

All together now -- put your hands in the air like you just don't care!!!

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I dated a 19 year old girl who sees periods as aggressive. She said it's fine if you're typing multiple sentences and therefore necessary. But if you're just sending a text that's one sentence, periods bother her.

I could go on but I think that was the most extreme thing... She also didn't like it if someone says "love you" or "ily" or anything abbreviated. That means you don't really love the person. If you really love them, you type it out with the "I". "I love you" (no period)

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 01:50 AM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

Oh geez! She sounds like hard work... not just to be around but to actually BE her. That's just too many presumptions to keep track of! And constantly looking for reasons to judge is too much energy and effort (more fun spent elsewhere 🙃).

For her own sake, I sure hope she learns to lighten up.

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Oh. I see the problem. Columbus had thumbs.
😐

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: yeahright
Oh. I see the problem. Columbus had thumbs.
😐

By jove, I think you've got it!

And this is why I love ATS. The gems are fewer and farther between these days, and there's one oh-so-august member that I'm missing, but we've still got a few gems here.

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 03:31 PM
link   

I don't care what those woke Gen-Z crybabies like or don't like. The rest of us have a request for them. Grow up and stop worrying about stupid crap. All the problems in the world right now, people dying everywhere because of being provisioned by their own governments, inflation, mass homelessness, a Dictator party in control who calls themselves Democratic who is literally selling America to China, we're right on the brink of nuclear world inhalation and this is the s#it that Gen-Z's worry about? They need to grow the f#ck up. I'm not sure where these kids today got the idea that we should all change our lives just because they want us to. The world belongs to everyone else too, not just them. Besides, the real reason why they find the thumbs up passive aggressive is because people can no longer slap their wokeness in the face with a "thumbs down", because they were getting slammed in their posts for stupidity. Now, it's the "thumbs up" button that gets used to like everyone else's posts but their own. I commonly see Liberal posts and there are very few "thumbs up's" for the post because of it's idiocy and the Woke poster perceives this as passive aggressive, because no one supports their insane beliefs. Then I will see posts about the support for Trump and Conservatives (in opposition to that Liberal's post), and the "thumbs up's" are in the thousands. THIS is why they really want the "thumbs up" button gone. It's because the "thumbs down" button was removed and this is the next best thing to the "thumbs down" button...ignoring the idiot. They simply want it removed so that no one can support an opinion that isn't popular to them and their crazy ideas.

edit on 13-10-2022 by DeplorableDereliction because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

originally posted by: underpass61

Analog clocks are a mystery to many of them too, I've seen it in my 16yr old son's friends.

I'd forgotten about that! But you're right. I've seen it too. I know it doesn't always come easy, but it's a skill worth learning. My daughter had a hard time learning to tell time, but it clicked eventually. And she's glad she knows now!

There's some stuff on YouTube that illustrates this level of ignorance.

Imagine showing them a sundial.

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

My husband uses the thumbs up to say he saw and read my message. We will continue to use it because we don't allow kids, to dictate how text each other.

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Same, I knew a guy in high school, you knew he was gay. He dated a few girls to hide it but everyone in school figured it out. It was the way he talked. I saw him way back when I had Facebook and he was with his boyfriend. I was like oh he actually acknowledged he was gay, good for him. He looked extremely happy.

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeplorableDereliction

Besides, the real reason why they find the thumbs up passive aggressive is because people can no longer slap their wokeness in the face with a "thumbs down", because they were getting slammed in their posts for stupidity. Now, it's the "thumbs up" button that gets used to like everyone else's posts but their own. I commonly see Liberal posts and there are very few "thumbs up's" for the post because of it's idiocy and the Woke poster perceives this as passive aggressive, because no one supports their insane beliefs. Then I will see posts about the support for Trump and Conservatives (in opposition to that Liberal's post), and the "thumbs up's" are in the thousands. THIS is why they really want the "thumbs up" button gone. It's because the "thumbs down" button was removed and this is the next best thing to the "thumbs down" button...ignoring the idiot. They simply want it removed so that no one can support an opinion that isn't popular to them and their crazy ideas.

I did not even think of this. But you're right. I do remember now reading that "dislike" and "thumbs down" buttons being removed from various platforms. It never occurred to me that it wouldn't be enough to stop people from downvoting... they need to stop people from upvoting as well.

Darn. It was more fun when I thought it was just grievance collecting and temper tantrums. I'm considering this in a whole new light now.

Thank you!

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: DeplorableDereliction

Yeah, you can't use the thumbs down because feelings. We need to go, I don't lnow when we started heading downhill posdibly 9/11? We need to start over. I am sorry but these entitled little brats need a good smack, dicipline, something to take them down a notch. I am sick of it. I am 45 and I am tired of them.

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Imagine showing them a sundial.

LOL -- I'm not sure how many people even know what a sundial is anymore.

But I taught my kids to read a sundial too!!! I've had one in the back for years and years...

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: starlahazelnut

I am sorry but these entitled little brats need a good smack, dicipline, something to take them down a notch.

Naw, no violence necessary. Life teaches the best lessons.

For example, seeing for themselves that we are quite capable of laughing off the nonsense of others and just "living our best lives" (I believe that's the current woke jargon?)... and if we can do it, so can they. We are all responsible for our own happiness. No one needs safe spaces. No one needs to make up offenses. No one needs to let others control their life or happiness.

Just live and let live.

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 04:36 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

It's been a great thread. It's been a fun thread!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join