It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why NOBODY should be using the 'thumbs up' emoji in 2022

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

I have no idea what you mean by that. Care to expand?

A generation indoctrinated to hate their elders.

Young minds manipulated by the education system to reject facts, reason and logic.

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Grounding your feet is a very healthy activity.

I should do it more, thank you for the reminder!

That's the term for it -- thank you! I could not remember as I was writing my response. Probably because I was doing this long before I knew there was a term for it.

And you're welcome! Enjoy every minute!!!

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Thank you and you're welcome. 🙌

I usually get reminded by the beach when I'm on holiday but since the shot mandates, I've hardly travelled.

You reminded me that we can do it anywhere.

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

A generation indoctrinated to hate their elders.

Young minds manipulated by the education system to reject facts, reason and logic.

Ahhh -- gotcha! And I agree.

I've seen it here in the USA and in the British forums I peruse. There is this sense that every other generation had it sooooooo easy, and they have it soooooooo hard.

And it amazes me how many think that whatever pops into their head and makes sense to them, MUST be true... and refuse to listen to anything different. Like you said, no facts, reason or logic necessary or wanted.

In many ways, I can't help but think they create their biggest problems all by themselves.

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Perhaps their smugness is a result of our generation depending on them to decipher the technology they grew up with. Mom and Dad need help setting up their router, WiFi, cell phone, etc.
No worries though, just one EMP will make their supposed superiority evaporate. They're going to need our knowledge to survive if the sh*t ever hits the fan.

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

Perhaps their smugness is a result of our generation depending on them to decipher the technology they grew up with. Mom and Dad need help setting up their router, WiFi, cell phone, etc.

Maybe. I've never really thought about it. But I've never needed anyone to set up any of my equipment. And if I did need help with something computer-related, I asked my big brother, who has a masters in computer science. And because of the previous, it brings to mind a couple other thoughts. For starters, I'm wondering how many parents let their kids set up their equipment out of simple convenience and laziness! New phones and new computers are a PITA to set up!!!

My other thought is that the younger generations may have grown up with the technology, but it was the older generations that created and developed the technology. Including my legit genius brother. Why would I ask some youngster when I can go to the source?

No worries though, just one EMP will make their supposed superiority evaporate. They're going to need our knowledge to survive if the sh*t ever hits the fan.

Yup!!! The tougher times get, the more the younger generations will need the knowledge and experience of the older generations. Perhaps that's a blessing in disguise.

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Having the kids set up the router is today's version of having the kids set the VCR clock so it doesn't flash 12:00 or going back further, having the kids double as a remote control to change the channel or turn up the volume. Kids these days forget that children are legal slavery until they hit adulthood. They really should know their place. lol

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 12:05 PM
link   

To hell with Gen Z, whoever the eff they are.

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

The young have been failed in most ways, gen z is depressed and isolated with fewer prospects than their parents and less likely to be able to afford housing or anything else than the previous several generations.

Let them have their thumb wars

I see it as exactly the opposite. Gen x had to fight for jobs and opportunity against a background of the huge boomer generation.

The younger people I know have gotten jobs easily, if not good paying initially there was an opportunity to climb in the business in time, something that was fairly rare in the past when the boomers were growing older but many staying past retirement.

I know three young couples who have bought second houses, something that would be out of the ordinary in the past.

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: igloo

Might be different in US. Most major cities have seen unprecedented rise in rent and housing costs and have not seen wages rise accordingly.

My generation--the Xers--seem to be just fine (if not forgotten/ignored).

www.marketplace.org...

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: discordantone

Having the kids set up the router is today's version of having the kids set the VCR clock so it doesn't flash 12:00 or going back further, having the kids double as a remote control to change the channel or turn up the volume. Kids these days forget that children are legal slavery until they hit adulthood. They really should know their place. lol

LOL -- It's too funny because it's true!

Right along with, "But you're so good at it! YOU do it the best, Sweetie."

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: jarsue97

To hell with Gen Z, whoever the eff they are.

Let me introduce you then... the Gen Z'ers are the under 35-year-olds who don't think the rest of us are emoji-ing right!

And apparently not parting our hair right... or wearing the right jeans... and Heaven knows what else 😂

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

My generation--the Xers--seem to be just fine (if not forgotten/ignored).

I'd count that as a win.

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Imagine you're the 'older' person who wrote the article. You wasted your youth without a single friend and now you have to suck up to the next generation in the hopes maybe some day they'll let you hang out with them. Or 'like' you.
Emergency slaughter is probably the only option.
For the younger who are offended and the older ones who give a #.

But eyyyyy

edit on 12-10-2022 by Peeple because: muddafugga

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Lets just use cursive and piss them all off. I bet they would consider that colonizing elitism or something.

edit on 12-10-2022 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Let's see 'em drive a stick shift.

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
Imagine you're the 'older' person who wrote the article. You wasted your youth without a single friend and now you have to suck up to the next generation in the hopes maybe some day they'll let you hang out with them. Or 'like' you.

Hmmm... far more likely the "older" person has had more than enough "friends" to know it's not always what it's cracked up to be, and neither are "likes"!

My cronies and I would be the ones in the corner, having a grand old time, pondering if we want to let them hang out with us...

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Lets just use cursive and piss them all off. I bet they would consider that colonizing elitism or something.

I literally laughed out loud at that. Can we do multiplication tables from memory after that???

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61
Let's see 'em drive a stick shift.

Oh yes! Let's!!!

And no pansy hydraulic clutch or wussy power steering either 😅

(I'm trying to use every crying-laughing emoji I can find...)

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 12:57 PM
link   

My cronies and I would be the ones in the corner, having a grand old time, pondering if we want to let them hang out with us...

As it should be.
But there are plenty who suffer from the forever young delusion who'd copy and imitate everything the younglings do.
No matter how stupid.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join