It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Target Store Creepy & Inappropriate or No

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2022 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: spacedoubt

I’ve also seen these exact same products at home improvement stores, on their own display. Right by the checkout stands. Impulse buy.

They call those "profit panels" same as the shelves at each end of a shelving run. There is definitely a science/strategy to product placement.

posted on Apr, 19 2022 @ 12:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: spacedoubt

I’ve also seen these exact same products at home improvement stores, on their own display. Right by the checkout stands. Impulse buy.

They call those "profit panels" same as the shelves at each end of a shelving run. There is definitely a science/strategy to product placement.

That’s a great word for it. Some stores make you walk past 50 feet of that, headphones , phone cases. Chargers, snacks.

I’ve heard the others called End Caps as well.

edit on 19-4-2022 by spacedoubt because: Toomanywords

posted on Apr, 19 2022 @ 04:34 AM
link   
From the comments, some believe men can't be trusted.

Hmmmm?

posted on Apr, 19 2022 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I wouldn't worry about Target that much. I'd be worrying about this guy and the target demographic he's writing laws for.

edit on 19-4-2022 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2022 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

You call Walmart "wretched", yet Target is totally on board with the "woke" agenda and has been. While you are at it you can add Macy's, Kohls and Old Navy to the list.

posted on Apr, 19 2022 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

Being on board with the "woke" agenda is a survival skill these days. They will destroy you if you're not.

posted on Apr, 19 2022 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Ah you forget, only Liberals are allowed to be "offended" at things. When anyone else does it they are hateful and racist and a bigot.

posted on Apr, 19 2022 @ 07:49 AM
link   

The first time I went to Greece I was taken back a little when I noticed sex toys etc openly on sale in between bread and groceries and kiddies toys.
No-one seems to care at all.

Noticed the same in Spain but not quite as frequently.

posted on Apr, 19 2022 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Definitely weird, I definitely wouldn't have done it. Especially not in 2022.

Maybe they were intending it as a product that someone would buy for a man as a gift?

Or maybe its a trans thing?

posted on Apr, 19 2022 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Yup. One time when my kids were little (2 boys around 3 and 5), they were playing on the porch and in the front yard. I went inside and watched them from the front door. I don't know why, maybe to get out of heat, I hate the heat. I NEVER let them play outside without supervision, though. Anyway, I saw a man watching them from a short distance, then he started walking towards the house while keeping an eye on them. So I watched to see what he was doing, he looked really creepy the way he was looking at them as he headed for our yard. I stepped outside, and he immediately turned around and walked quickly away! F'in creep! That made me think that he definitely was up to no good!

posted on Apr, 19 2022 @ 09:16 AM
link   
You have to remember, there are some sick people in high places. They have an agenda and most of the time it's not what a parent would agree with.
I think what you saw was a way of pushing that agenda.
Some people feel that parents are not teaching their kids about sexuality at an early enough age.
If the parent doesn't want to talk about it to their children, they will manipulate the children into asking questions that force the parents to talk about it.
What better way than to put male grooming products in the children's clothing section?
"Mommy, what's manscaping?"

posted on Apr, 19 2022 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
From the comments, some believe men can't be trusted.

Hmmmm?

The concern is that liberals are normalising the sexualization of children, and that it's only a couple more steps before they start normalising sex with children

posted on Apr, 19 2022 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I know. I have to watch how I tread at work. Our Company is based in Europe.

posted on Apr, 19 2022 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: opethPA

Another possibility is that some people want to see something nefarious in every single thing ? Certainly your choice but as much as people want to think they are woke to everything could it also not be possible that people are so oversaturated with info that they now see a boogieman behind every door?

Been a conspiracy theorist for a long time, so far everything people said was “crazy” wasn’t…

Okay that doesn't change the fact that some people see a conspiracy or some nefarious thing behind everything.

I''ve been in the CT world multiple decades also. Hell, I was sadly able to see the rise and fall of Cooper during his touring days.

That doesn't change how the real world works..

posted on Apr, 19 2022 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Quadrivium

What you have is a vocal minority, that has their importance inflated by the MSM. This gives the appearance that more people support "woke" than actually do. Then you have companies who's stock value is more important than doing what's right. When these pissants get offended, the media makes it look larger than it is and that can cause a dip in stock value.

I spent almost 10 years working in advertising. You would be surprised how fast a Company would change or scrap a campaign based on Twitter or Facebook posts.

posted on Apr, 19 2022 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
My initial reaction is to play devil's advocate and guess that somebody was trying their hand at product placement while anticipating a desperately aimless father waiting patiently for their wife and or daughter to finish their business. But I can only speculate.

I'll play too.

It's aimed at the mom's whom are most likely to take the kids shopping for clothes. Not all moms are fans of their mans beard. Scraggly, itchy and collects food. The manscape line is good for beards and mustaches too.

I'm not mature enough to grow a beard myself. But I know those that do, and they use conditioners and oils for that hair. It's a serious thing in the beard world.

But I agree with Jag, it's not a great spot for this product.

FWIW, I was at a KOHLS ( Mervyns ) years back. I went to get a pair or shoes which sits across from boys juniors clothing. A center isle pallet was full of "Shoulder Massagers" and flavored lotions.

I guess Poeple get bad tasting smelly feet after a walk. Thankfully there's a ""4 Mode High Powered Shoulder Massager" for after my long walks breaking in my new shoes.

posted on Apr, 19 2022 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Theres an OK groomer joke in there somewhere.

Cant tell from the images but is it an endcap or right in the middle of the department?

Ya know, Spencer's Gift back in the day. Parent's dropped us off at the malls and my first place to go was Spencer's. Great selection of posters, rock band T's, Pee Yew Fart spray, rubber vomit and....

Oh yea those Toys towards the back that nobody stopped my 9 year old self from checking out, or purchasing. Edible undies taste like fruit roll ups if you ask me.

(post by DodooPosting removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Apr, 19 2022 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
My initial reaction is to play devil's advocate and guess that somebody was trying their hand at product placement while anticipating a desperately aimless father waiting patiently for their wife and or daughter to finish their business. But I can only speculate.

Possible. I have often waited awkwardly outside the ladies change room while my wife rejects 99% of the armload of clothes she took to try on.
And almost all of those change rooms have been surrounded by racks of ladies lingerie.

Usually, this is along with a small herd of equally uncomfortable men as we try to ignore our surroundings and not engage in eye-contact with anyone.

posted on Apr, 19 2022 @ 02:27 PM
link   

That is hilarious, actually, but next time I am around the city I will stop at the local Target and check the children's area.

See what I can find, besides that, I do not shop on many mass production retailers like China Mart and Target, I just can never find anything I like or want in these stores.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join