It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Target Store Creepy & Inappropriate or No

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2022 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
From the comments, some believe men can't be trusted.

Hmmmm?

The concern is that liberals are normalising the sexualization of children, and that it's only a couple more steps before they start normalising sex with children

...children knowing that aftershave exists is only a couple of steps from normalising sex with children?
though i suppose it IS on about the same level as teachers acknowledging that some women marry other women, so at least the rhetoric is consistently absurd for once

posted on Apr, 19 2022 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

It's easy to be hysterical about everything and "find" all kinds of horrors were none actually exist.

COLD SHOWER

I don't see what's wrong with this, many people take cold showers to vitalize themselves and get them energized for the day.

MANSCAPE

This seems like a non-word, I hate when people just change a part of a word to create a 'new word' and think it makes sense. Like how everything is 'something-gate', because the hotel's name was 'Watergate'. It doesn't make ANY sense to just add 'gate' to a word and have it make some kind of 'conspirational sense'.

Landscape becomes 'Manscape'? Well, this doesn't sound as stupid or misandristic as 'Mandspreading' or 'Mansplaining', so maybe it's a good thing to have the word 'Man' finally be associated with something GOOD for a change, like a beautiful landscape.

I don't really see any negative here, or what is supposed to be shocking or bad about this particular word.

Are they really all capitalized, though? THAT looks annoying, but otherwise, what's the problem, exactly?

Would it be better, if it was 'Womanscape'? Are you automatically assigning anything to do with men as something evil?

THICK

Another neutral word. This word is simply the opposite of thin. It can be associated with anything, it doesn't have to be associated with anything specific. Is there some kind of deeper meaning to these words that I am not getting? To me, these seem like innocent words so far. I don't see any kind of oppressive or inequalitarian meaning here, unless people think every time there's a 'man', there should also be a 'woman' in a word, like 'Romantic' should be 'Rowomantic'?

Thick? What's wrong with an adjective that describes the opposite of thin? Obviously I am not getting any of this, is this some kind of american cultural thing?

BLOODY KNUCKLES

Now, THIS is not only weird to me, but kind of terrifying, as to what kind of imagery it brings in your mind. How can 'bloody knuckles' EVER be a good terminology, description of or name for ANYTHING? This is a true "WTF-moment" for me, I can't figure out this one.

However, everything else seems perfectly fine and innocent and even neutral to me, but this one I can't understand at all.

So on the other hand, I can't understand what evil I am supposed to see in all this sea of neutrality and innocence, but on the other hand, the last one is just horribly evil, and I can't understand why or how this was deemed a good idea or good name for anything. Who made THAT decision?

In any case, I am not sure I understand 'creepy' in this world, because since ancient times, women have assigned that word to almost everything they don't like, so what it's really supposed to know besides some woman's opinion, I have no clue about, but to me, it smells like those words people use to advertise their products (instead of describing them, like they're supposed to) in ebay and other sites like that, 'a lovely shirt' (no, a shirt isn't 'lovely' in absolute terms, the buyer might THINK so, the seller might THINK so, but that's purely an opinion, and this kind of adjective is so subjective, it should never have been used in any listing).

I mean, when you call something 'creepy' without explaining what exactly makes it 'creepy', you are just assigning an opinion-based, subjective adjective, and expecting everyone to just 'go along with it' instead of trying to see something more factually descriptive about it.

I don't think anything is just 'creepy', because that word is not very factual, it's an opinionated, emotional and shaming language-type word that describes the experience of the observer more than any kind of attribute or quality of the observed thing, whatever it may be.

A woman can easily just slap that kind of shaming language to any man's face, that doesn't mean that man has done anything wrong, the woman just doesn't have any accountability, so she can do, say and claim anything she wants. Just because someone SAYS something is 'creepy', doesn't mean that something actually is; it's not a fact-based description, it's more a description of the observer's own emotional reaction than anything truthful about the observed thing or object itself.

Just out of curiosity; are there ANY men here that have never been called 'creepy' by some female entity?

posted on Apr, 19 2022 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: continuousThunder

Uhhhh Bloody Knuckles is a hand balm for cracked skin. Duke Cannon products are amazing. DID YOU JUST ASSUME THE ORIENTATION OF MY HAND BALM?!?!

But yeah I'm going to go with the post back on the first page about probably being placed there for all the bored dads/husband's stuck there.

ETA Forgot to ask, any idea how much the bloody knuckles was? I haven't been planning on going there but holy hell, of there's a clearance sale on that, they'll be my first stop tomorrow morning.
edit on 4/19/22 by Magnivea because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2022 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Also wanted to add, I don't have any little ones anymore.
If you do, please please parents keep an eye on them.
There are so many evil people. I've been out and I've seen grown men watching little kids.
I know that evil gaze. In a crowded market there was a guy I was certain trying to get to my niece.
I just grabbed her hand and pulled her in.

It only takes a minute, protect your children. The amount of depravity in this world seems to be growing.

We cannot always protect our children - so any responsible parent would put their children in self defense/martial arts so they can protect themselves!!
My, soon to be 18 year old, daughter has been in Krav Maga since the age of 6 and I know she can physically and mentally handle herself if she is approached by some creep - even if he is armed with a weapon.

With that said....YES THAT IS CREEPY....I will check out that section next time I am in Target.

posted on Apr, 19 2022 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
Definitely creepy. Hard to imagine no one is aware of this. I used to build and reno grocery stores, particularly things like shelving runs, counters, cases..ect. These things are well mapped out and planned, including the product to be placed there. So, maybe someone was sleeping on the job here..pretty weird.

There is a psychology to product placement in stores. 100%
For all stores - including grocery stores.

Retail Product Placement
The Psychology Behind Retail Product Placement

posted on Apr, 19 2022 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: shaemac

Definitely creepy. Hard to imagine no one is aware of this. I used to build and reno grocery stores, particularly things like shelving runs, counters, cases..ect. These things are well mapped out and planned, including the product to be placed there. So, maybe someone was sleeping on the job here..pretty weird.

Retail Product Placement

The issue is they can’t always follow corporate “wants”
Something things are placed in the “next best” location.

posted on Apr, 19 2022 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shoujikina

It's easy to be hysterical about everything and "find" all kinds of horrors were none actually exist.

COLD SHOWER

I don't see what's wrong with this, many people take cold showers to vitalize themselves and get them energized for the day.

MANSCAPE

This seems like a non-word, I hate when people just change a part of a word to create a 'new word' and think it makes sense. Like how everything is 'something-gate', because the hotel's name was 'Watergate'. It doesn't make ANY sense to just add 'gate' to a word and have it make some kind of 'conspirational sense'.

Landscape becomes 'Manscape'? Well, this doesn't sound as stupid or misandristic as 'Mandspreading' or 'Mansplaining', so maybe it's a good thing to have the word 'Man' finally be associated with something GOOD for a change, like a beautiful landscape.

I don't really see any negative here, or what is supposed to be shocking or bad about this particular word.

Are they really all capitalized, though? THAT looks annoying, but otherwise, what's the problem, exactly?

Would it be better, if it was 'Womanscape'? Are you automatically assigning anything to do with men as something evil?

THICK

Another neutral word. This word is simply the opposite of thin. It can be associated with anything, it doesn't have to be associated with anything specific. Is there some kind of deeper meaning to these words that I am not getting? To me, these seem like innocent words so far. I don't see any kind of oppressive or inequalitarian meaning here, unless people think every time there's a 'man', there should also be a 'woman' in a word, like 'Romantic' should be 'Rowomantic'?

Thick? What's wrong with an adjective that describes the opposite of thin? Obviously I am not getting any of this, is this some kind of american cultural thing?

BLOODY KNUCKLES

Now, THIS is not only weird to me, but kind of terrifying, as to what kind of imagery it brings in your mind. How can 'bloody knuckles' EVER be a good terminology, description of or name for ANYTHING? This is a true "WTF-moment" for me, I can't figure out this one.

However, everything else seems perfectly fine and innocent and even neutral to me, but this one I can't understand at all.

So on the other hand, I can't understand what evil I am supposed to see in all this sea of neutrality and innocence, but on the other hand, the last one is just horribly evil, and I can't understand why or how this was deemed a good idea or good name for anything. Who made THAT decision?

In any case, I am not sure I understand 'creepy' in this world, because since ancient times, women have assigned that word to almost everything they don't like, so what it's really supposed to know besides some woman's opinion, I have no clue about, but to me, it smells like those words people use to advertise their products (instead of describing them, like they're supposed to) in ebay and other sites like that, 'a lovely shirt' (no, a shirt isn't 'lovely' in absolute terms, the buyer might THINK so, the seller might THINK so, but that's purely an opinion, and this kind of adjective is so subjective, it should never have been used in any listing).

I mean, when you call something 'creepy' without explaining what exactly makes it 'creepy', you are just assigning an opinion-based, subjective adjective, and expecting everyone to just 'go along with it' instead of trying to see something more factually descriptive about it.

I don't think anything is just 'creepy', because that word is not very factual, it's an opinionated, emotional and shaming language-type word that describes the experience of the observer more than any kind of attribute or quality of the observed thing, whatever it may be.

A woman can easily just slap that kind of shaming language to any man's face, that doesn't mean that man has done anything wrong, the woman just doesn't have any accountability, so she can do, say and claim anything she wants. Just because someone SAYS something is 'creepy', doesn't mean that something actually is; it's not a fact-based description, it's more a description of the observer's own emotional reaction than anything truthful about the observed thing or object itself.

Just out of curiosity; are there ANY men here that have never been called 'creepy' by some female entity?

This is one of the most unbelievably pathetic posts.

Try as you might...and boy, did you try....people go to school and get degrees in marketing and there are multi-billion dollar marketing firms that study psychology and all kinds of crap to MARKET PRODUCTS to people.....and they spend hours and #loads of money coming up with NAMES that MEAN SOMETHING. They dont just take a bunch of letters from a scrabble game and throw them in the air and see what word is formed upon landing.
And who is to say a man came up with the names for that product line? More than likely it was a woman...but go ahead and just ASSume that the OP is some man hating tw@t and throwing a bunch of blahblahblah men are creepy on the screen.....because, you will be wrong and have to walk back everything.

You cannot possibly be this naïve. Well, yeah, I believe you could be. You are clearly the person that most marketers sell to....the subliminal messages, the undertones that are never picked up on, the manipulative content that goes *woosh* over yer head.

Everyone knows what the inference to those words are. Everyone with an intelligent brain.
Manscapping
Cold Shower
Thick
.........we all know what the meaning is behind these marketing words.

And if you think that only women find things creepy, you must never leave the house and must never converse with other humans. Men all over the world find things creepy too - including other men.

edit on 2022 by shaemac because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2022 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: spacedoubt

originally posted by: shaemac

Retail Product Placement

The issue is they can’t always follow corporate “wants”
Something things are placed in the “next best” location.

Yes, Corporate tells the local stores where to put things.
It is the corporate office that hires the people skilled in psychology and marketing.
Most retail chains have floor plans for products - and plans for styling outfits on display or other things on display. Everything is very very planned out. Nearly every store will be exactly the same.....unless its some specialty store.

posted on Apr, 20 2022 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: shaemac

Get a grip ma'am. You sound hysterical. Also quite insulting towards that poster, Which you did not have to quote. Just reply to the post. We could just click their name in the reply line and it will show his post. Try it some day.

For humors sake, I'd like you to do what he did. Break down each name listed tell us the deeper meaning. Educate instead of insult. You ever think of doing that with your clearly superior intellect? Thanks in advance.

posted on Apr, 20 2022 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: shaemac

100%

posted on Apr, 20 2022 @ 04:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Shoujikina

Is there some kind of deeper meaning to these words that I am not getting? To me, these seem like innocent words so far.

Yes, they all have sexual connotations. Look it up yourself.
Cold shower especially.

As a non native English speaker, I suggest you observe more before you make assumptions as you don’t know the intricacies of our language well enough to understand those words are used almost exclusively in an adult sexual manner.

posted on Apr, 20 2022 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Please go to the Duke Cannon website. Look things up. Thick is ridiculously thick body wash, described as "high viscosity body wash" on the label. Cold Shower is a cooling "shower wipe" or apparently a body or face wash (don't know, I use the shower wipes at work until I can get home and take a real shower but no experience with the tube). Bloody knuckles, as I said before, is a hand repair balm.

But either way, go to the site. Read about the products. Yep, probably meant to be innuendo but no more than anything else. They also take themselves no kind of seriously. Their soaps (the ones I have currently anyway) are named things like "Smells Like Victory" and "Smells Like Naval Diplomacy" (used to be naval supremacy but looks like someone cried.) The product descriptions are absolutely priceless. Oh and their soap bars are enormous and called "Big Ass Brick of Soap". I'm still using seasonal soaps called Illegally Cut Pine and Big Ass Lump of Coal that come packaged in the most hilarious boxes soap can come in.

Description of Cold Shower products:

COLD SHOWER BUNDLE

Some fellows are built with V8 engines and tend to run a little hot. This can lead to some sticky situations.
Like an isolated cold front from your face to your britches, Duke Cannon's Cold Shower Kit uses the chilling power of mint and menthol to help the hardest working folks keep their cool where it counts.
This personal AC unit is now available at a discounted price because cool, dry people make for a better planet.

YOUR COLD SHOWER BUNDLE INCLUDES: 

Cold Shower Scrub (8 oz.) (a shower soap/scrub that delivers a bracing chilling effect) 

Cold Shower Cooling Field Towels (25 ct. face and body wipes to cool down on the go) 

Dry Ice Cooling Antiperspirant + Deodorant (2.6 oz.) (keeps your underarm trenches cool, dry, and smelling right)

Quick Buff Siberian Mint Face Scrub (6 oz.) a minty face scrub that deep cleans and prepares the face for a shave

Doesn't exactly sound nefarious or even sexual to me. Particularly the dry ice deodorant.

As for the placement? Yeah, that's generally in the personal care area of the store. I've also seen a display at my local Target that was between the bread and breakfast sections on the grocery side of the store because the area the new display was going wasn't yet prepared. At another in this area, I've also seen the same display in the center of the main aisle near the registers because another display had taken it's place and everything was marked down 15%. Much like how there was a small display of bikes in the baby section when I went to pick up diapers for my son last week.

posted on Apr, 20 2022 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Magnivea

But either way, go to the site. Read about the products. Yep, probably meant to be innuendo but no more than anything else.

Of course it is innuendo, and yes these are grooming products. The problems is the placement.
If these were in the mens care aisle no biggie, but little girls clothing??

Would it be appropriate to put condoms or enemas by bananas or cucumbers? Of course not.
Would it be appropriate to put dog collars in the womens lingerie section?

As far as placement in this store. This is a big store and there was room to put in in several more appropriate places.

posted on Apr, 20 2022 @ 09:36 AM
link   
There is something seriously wrong with people who try to normalize perversion. Excusing the placement of these products as marketing is sick.

posted on Apr, 20 2022 @ 09:58 AM
link   
A Karen issue, especially after peeps have explained the products.

Manscape, overpriced edgy male grooming tat.

Cold Shower would only be innuendo if they had a scantily clad woman on the bottle, or maybe placed next to the porn mags.

Not sure what 'THICK' is. Maybe if it was 'THICC' and the product was in the shape of a fat ass you could say it was sexualising things, idk.

Bloody Knuckles, maybe if it was by the women's sanitary products it could be considered tasteless at best. Is it because of the word 'bloody' you don't like it there?

posted on Apr, 20 2022 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Honestly, I'd like to hear the in your own words the sexual connotations behind bloody knuckles and the others.

To the point though, This is just so annoying really. You liken shaving cream and hand balm to condoms and enemas? That seems a bit outrageous. You're basically grasping at straws to be offended by this.

There are legitimate reasons to be offended out there. You bringing this "question" up does nothing but muddy the waters, Already you have seen some mocking posts. They're mocking you because this is borderline delusional. You're giving them confirmation that you "pizzagate" people are unhinged and stupid. ("their" opinion not mine)

Shaving cream being too close to the little girls hoodies = elite global child sex trafficking.

I say have at it though, Go back and make a scene. Who else is going to save the children if not you?

posted on Apr, 20 2022 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: VierEyes
There is something seriously wrong with people who try to normalize perversion. Excusing the placement of these products as marketing is sick.

I'm done responding to creeps. If people don't see it for what it is, I'm not going to be the one to spell it out for them.
Perversion and sick are appropriate words.

posted on Apr, 20 2022 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Magnivea

Nothing wrong with body products, or catchy names.
BUT, to have something like this in a section with 6 years olds?
No, not appropriate.

"Big Ass Brick of Soap"

posted on Apr, 20 2022 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Read your title. You yourself were "unsure" now you're calling people who fall on the "opposing" side, Perverts and creeps?.

You got some confirmation(from social media) yourself and are now running with it. This is why women don't make good leaders. You have no spine. You will do whatever the crowd tells you to do.

Really the reason we find ourselves in such a mess. You see you wish you were a liberal democrat, But your husband is not so you have to be "conservative". I can see it plainly in your posting history. Still think Zelensky is so hot, That you openly talk about your sexual organs?
edit on 20-4-2022 by PlebianCurtains because: Goblin vomit and slop

posted on Apr, 20 2022 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: PlebianCurtains

You're a real class act misogynist.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join