It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Target Store Creepy & Inappropriate or No

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2022 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Went to pick up a few things from Target.

I have to pick the lesser of two evils, Target and all their political statements, or the absolutely wretched Walmart (at least in my eyes) Target usually wins out.

I came across this area and every alarm bell sounded off for me. My husband and daughter, both of whom (not sure if that phrase is right, both of whom? or both of which?) are almost never bothered by anything. They both thought this was "really weird". We just stood there looking at it and them back at each other.

Here's the scene, this is the little girls section, age 6-12. Right smack in it is this display..... Mens grooming products.
Ok, weird but it gets worse. Not only is it mens grooming products, check out some of the names.

COLD SHOWER
MANSCAPE
THICK
BLOODY KNUCKLES

What in the pizzagate? So is this weird or is the mom in me over-reacting?

edit on 18-4-2022 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2022 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I'll agree that it's weird for them to have those products in the little girls sections.

And... Both of whom is the correct way to say it.

posted on Apr, 18 2022 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Theres an OK groomer joke in there somewhere.

Cant tell from the images but is it an endcap or right in the middle of the department?

posted on Apr, 18 2022 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Yeah, I'd have brought that to someones attention, even if it was a mistake by a complete retard, it does not dismiss the reality that there are really bad people out there who do really bad things, and where opportunity is provided to those people, mistakenly or otherwise, it should be dealt with and with some immediacy.

posted on Apr, 18 2022 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Cant tell from the images but is it an endcap or right in the middle of the department?

It's not on the end, it's kinda in the middle of the section. Items do appear to be marked down, but while we were standing there we were talking about the many other areas that would be significantly more appropriate to have this display.

The pics came out small is this better?

edit on 18-4-2022 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2022 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

It's not on the end, it's kinda in the middle of the section. Items do appear to be marked down, but while we were standing there we were talking about the many other areas that would be significantly more appropriate to have this display.

Maybe they've noticed that a lot of creepers hang out in the little girls section.

posted on Apr, 18 2022 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Alright, yea. It certainly isnt a good look no matter how you frame it.

Another part of me says, its a store, they sell stuff on shelves.

However target has the history of being woke so you cant rule out that it wasnt to get attention, even on this lil corner of the internet.

posted on Apr, 18 2022 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Alright, yea. It certainly isnt a good look no matter how you frame it.

Another part of me says, its a store, they sell stuff on shelves.

However target has the history of being woke so you cant rule out that it wasnt to get attention, even on this lil corner of the internet.

Right, and that specific area is girls athletic wear and swimsuits...😟

posted on Apr, 18 2022 @ 06:24 PM
link   
My initial reaction is to play devil's advocate and guess that somebody was trying their hand at product placement while anticipating a desperately aimless father waiting patiently for their wife and or daughter to finish their business. But I can only speculate.

link   
Any of those little tags say "Jill 70000"
Target IS creepy as all are theses places including online ones, they were the first to proudly move to shared gender restrooms I remember.

link   

Also wanted to add, I don't have any little ones anymore.
If you do, please please parents keep an eye on them.
There are so many evil people. I've been out and I've seen grown men watching little kids.
I know that evil gaze. In a crowded market there was a guy I was certain trying to get to my niece.
I just grabbed her hand and pulled her in.

It only takes a minute, protect your children. The amount of depravity in this world seems to be growing.

posted on Apr, 18 2022 @ 06:25 PM
link   

You should have got your little girl to wreck the display and scream at the top of her voice I want a happy meal , the lunatics really do have the keys to the asylum after reading how many female inmates are getting pregnant in America with all those identifying as female in the prison system ? It's clown world out there .

posted on Apr, 18 2022 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Stupid place to put it, but that's a lot of yellow clearance tags on all that!

It's odd, but seems on par for Target's random clearance dumps from what I've seen.

For example, still not sure why Burt's Bees dog shampoo was clearanced, or on the shelf next to the baby washes at one near us, but I cackled anyway considering the level of Stupid that pet babying has become.

posted on Apr, 18 2022 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Most of the big box stores like Target have a footprint layout that is sent from corporate. They put it in the wrong place, or it arrived earlier than anticipated and they have yet to tear down whatever is going to make room for it.

Possible that local manager just put it there temporarily or someone misread the floor footprint and didn’t take notice of the product. Definitely out of place but I wouldn’t read too much into it as they are likely understaffed this time of year and someone screwed it up

posted on Apr, 18 2022 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
My initial reaction is to play devil's advocate and guess that somebody was trying their hand at product placement while anticipating a desperately aimless father waiting patiently for their wife and or daughter to finish their business. But I can only speculate.

Yeah, that’s the first thing that came to my mind.

But you know... I’m sure some pizzagate type conspiracy in plain site is a completely logical and rational conclusion as well.

posted on Apr, 18 2022 @ 06:46 PM
link   

I haven't been in a Target store since probably ever.

It's the one place I've never been in.

Been to Walmarts. Been to outlet malls where they had Targets. Been to stores, shops and places where they sold goods and sundries.

It's weird though.

Never been to one.

Heh.

Ever.

posted on Apr, 18 2022 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Definitely creepy. Hard to imagine no one is aware of this. I used to build and reno grocery stores, particularly things like shelving runs, counters, cases..ect. These things are well mapped out and planned, including the product to be placed there. So, maybe someone was sleeping on the job here..pretty weird.
edit on 18-4-2022 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2022 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkittlesgiveyouSkills

Most of the big box stores like Target have a footprint layout that is sent from corporate. They put it in the wrong place, or it arrived earlier than anticipated and they have yet to tear down whatever is going to make room for it.

Possible that local manager just put it there temporarily or someone misread the floor footprint and didn’t take notice of the product. Definitely out of place but I wouldn’t read too much into it as they are likely understaffed this time of year and someone screwed it up

Agree!

posted on Apr, 18 2022 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Perhaps hiding high theft items in an area that a would be thief will appear conspicuous?

posted on Apr, 18 2022 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Normally that stuff is in the area with the other hair care products. At the store I go to it's nowhere near the kids clothing section.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join