It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop fatally shoots wheelchair bound man 9 times in back

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Just playing devils advocate but... Does the officer know he didn't have more than a knife?
Does the officer know the man even needed to be in a wheelchair and could have jumped up at any moment?
The guy in the chair was reportedly carrying a deadly weapon and heading straight for a store employee...

As far as unloading his gun... isn't that standard?

Always listen to police kids.

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

HE COULDNT WALK

all he had to do was back up

and let the on duty police deal with him

again i would love to hear that woman's real thoughts and Lowes thoughts,

this seems like a biiiiig biiig lawsuit

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Cop definitely shot this wheelchair bound senior citizen in the back, who was moving away from him, in self defense, right?!

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 10:00 PM
link   
This was clearly a bad shoot, but just like most of the other shootings the idiot did not comply with a lawful order from the officer. It seems to be a common theme of how to get suicided by cop.

edit on 2021/12/1 by Metallicus because: Sp

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
This was clearly a bad shoot, but just like most of the other shootings the idiot did not comply with a lawful order from the officer. It seems to be a common theme of how to get suicided by cop.

We don’t know if he was in compliance or not, the asshole said do not enter the store he did not say stop. That being said we will never know if Richard’s was in the middle of executing a 3 point turn on uneven pavement or not before getting gunned down.

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman

originally posted by: penroc3
a reply to: Brotherman

right, he was of duty and it is also agenst the law to wear police labeling when you are off duty at another job.

i would LOVE to hear that female cops deposition, she had OC and a baton and between the two of them they could have taken him to the ground, i mean just tip him out of the freaking chair and cuff him.

this was an exicution plain and simple and if this guy truly thinks this is justified and he has shot people when he was on police time those shoots need to be CLOSELY looked at.

this guy is a power tripping murderer

i hope he doesnt get PC as he was off duty and the inmates get a few nights with him.

maybe put him in a wheel chair

At the very worst he could’ve shot out the tires? 😳

Even shooting out the tires, would have been excessive... and would be grounds for firing of the officer.

It's like this cop never even went to academy. They gave him a badge and a gun and zero training.

i'm a pretty hard core supporter of Law Enforcement... but this was an execution.

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: dasman888

I almost feel bad for that comment but threw it out there before someone else called for shooting a limb I was using a dark sarcastic parallel. I am clearly aware it would’ve been excessive but still would not have been a death sentence.

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Suicide by a f'ing idiot, who was too f'ing dumb not to oblige?

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 10:21 PM
link   
This has to be racism.

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: BomSquad

originally posted by: JinMI
I get it. A knife. Fleeing etc.

Buy why in the hell did he cuff a corpse?

Standard operating procedure. You never know if he's faking it, or isn't completely dead yet.

I know that after being shot 9 times in the back, I usually just shrug it off and continue my slow wheelchair bound rampage terrorising innocent toolbox stores.

It's how I jam, fam.

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: sciencelol
If that guy was black the country would be on fire

2nd worst police shooting I have ever seen

same here, the worst since that kid in a hotel, scared witless by a punk cop screaming contradictions...

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 11:02 PM
link   

I noticed something disturbing he fires off 8 shots rapidly then pause as he aims at his head and fires his ninth round. He wanted to make sure he was dead. Seems to me they could have disabled the chair.

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 11:07 PM
link   

The employee was in direct line of fire.

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

I am not watching the video but I have a quick question….
Was the murdered guy black?

Judging by the crickets from MSM and BLM I'm guessing white.

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Thank you I didn't see the knife either at first.
a reply to: AttitudeProblem

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Luckily she wasn't. Close, but not in danger
a reply to: Alchemst7

posted on Dec, 2 2021 @ 12:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

I noticed something disturbing he fires off 8 shots rapidly then pause as he aims at his head and fires his ninth round. He wanted to make sure he was dead. Seems to me they could have disabled the chair.

Dead is easier for him than alive I bet, it is generally, dead men tell no tales.

posted on Dec, 2 2021 @ 12:53 AM
link   
standard procedure

shoot first... thats about it...

posted on Dec, 2 2021 @ 12:57 AM
link   
This is a real gem
from this cowards lawyer.

Mike Storie, a lawyer representing Mr. Remington, described the swift move by the chief and the mayor’s comments as a politically motivated rush to judgment.

posted on Dec, 2 2021 @ 01:09 AM
link   
This is a tough one. Personally I wouldn't have used deadly force in this situation but.... deadly force is justified to protect your own life or others. He had already brandished a knife and threatened another store employee and now he is entering another store, with knife in hand, with another employee directly in front of him. I would assume from those facts that he isn't an innocent cripple that means no harm. Just because someone is in a wheelchair does not mean that they are paralyzed with the inability to walk.

The last round he fired was absolutely unnecessary. No excuse and will most likely be the nail in the coffin.

Was deadly force necessary? Absolutely not. Justified? Well with a good enough lawyer it might be.

edit on 2-12-2021 by mpol0717 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join