It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop fatally shoots wheelchair bound man 9 times in back

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2021 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

What i mean is, if you draw you fo it with an intent. That intent isnt casual

posted on Dec, 2 2021 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

But the intent might simple be to keep someone at a distance.

I'd rather not kill anyone if I can absolutely help it.

posted on Dec, 2 2021 @ 08:33 AM
link   

edit on 2-12-2021 by didntasktobeborned because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2021 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

a reply to: robsmith

, but I do want them to keep their hands where I can see them while I call the cops.

Theres the rub. You aren't one, which makes your detainment authority extremely limited, and gives the person you are trying to detain more civil rights..such as the right to defend oneself. At that point you are 'acting' like you are Acting under color of law. Which is offensive. Not as offensive as a double post though.Im actually pretty surprised this event is even being scrutinized. Its the idea that denial of civil liberties is not a life or death matter, It always is. Thats why people that work for the courts carry weapons. Thank you in advance for allowing your quote to be used for my abstract thought.
edit on 2-12-2021 by didntasktobeborned because: oh my..automated response to random characters

edit on 2-12-2021 by didntasktobeborned because: Sheer humiliation

posted on Dec, 2 2021 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Then don't draw a weapon. If you are carrying a weapon, and don't understand this you should stop as it puts you at incredible liability, both criminally and civilly, if ever in a position to do what you intend. Not to mention the claim that Arberry would have had had he taken that gun and shot all 3 men: self defense on a lunatic trying to kidnap me.

If you draw, you need to be prepared to kill as a direct result. The only delay should be in getting an aim, and if you have trained enough that is just a reflex.

posted on Dec, 2 2021 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

If you draw, you need to be prepared to kill as a direct result. The only delay should be in getting an aim, and if you have trained enough that is just a reflex.

I'm dating a woman that lives in a very sketchy neighborhood. So I took her to the range and taught her how to shoot my S&W 9mm. (Boy, I miss that gun now...lol).

In any event, I told her if you feel that you need to draw the weapon, don't screw around. Aim center mass and keep pulling the trigger until the gun is empty.

She enjoys shooting but is more than a little freaked out by potentially having to use it against an intruder someday. She's very grateful that I helped her to get comfortable with the gun though. I tell all of my friends, don't just give a gun to your lady. If the first time she's holding it is when she really needs it, it's too late.

posted on Dec, 2 2021 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Justified..

Play stupid games win stupid prizes .

Next.

posted on Dec, 2 2021 @ 10:45 AM
link   

yep, if you have ever been in a real gun fight

they don't usually last very long.

seconds to a few mins.

here is a really good and pretty fair youtuber who looks at various shootings from civilian to military, don't worry nothing to graphics as it is YouTube.

but it really is shocking how fast these thing happened and how fast they are over for the most part, once the first shot is fired its under 3 mins.

YouTube link, Show is called ASP

posted on Dec, 2 2021 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: seedofchucky

Justified..

Play stupid games win stupid prizes .

Next.

you seem to be the only person that thinks that, not even his friends stood by him and he got fired as a cop.

guy is in a world of trouble, if not leggily than civilly he will be crushed

posted on Dec, 2 2021 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Ummm…the roid ragers…are literally…walking…behind wheel chair dude…and keeping up with him…

They could have at any time…walked…past him and blocked his foreword movement…

Obviously…pistol boy…just wanted his chance to unload his mag on some fleeing…at a walking pace…perp…

Eight to the back…and one to the head…

Do you really have to wonder why most sane…thinking individuals…hate…the popo…?

Too many scenes like this one…

Way too many…

YouSir

posted on Dec, 2 2021 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: htxhardheads

That's almost as bad as this unjustified cop killing (of a crying and freaked out) teenager infront of his girlfriend in the hallway of a hotel .. the cop unloads with some sort of "assault rifle" indoors in a public hotel hallway. Does he realize those bullets will go through a person through a wall and through another wall and possible even further depending on what the walls are made of. This was an extremely dumb dangerous and unnecessary use of deadly force against and unarmed teen so freaked out by getting pulled out of room by cops with rifles that he couldn't understand the unclear directions being barked at him from behind rifles and flashlights.

youtu.be...

.... and this evil porker was acquitted. How? Seriously? How was this dude let go free to do this # again? This video made me sick and I'm not one to get emotionally triggered by videos buy I could feel his panic and fear and confusion.. sad and dangerous state of affairs when justified use of deadly force can be used at the discretion of the cop.

I agree with the acquittal on that one.

The guy was reaching.

Put your brain in the skull of that officer.

A suspect is supposed to be crawling towards you.

The suspect suddenly reaches back towards his waistline, in an extended arm movement.

(If you do not shoot this person RIGHT NOW, and they ARE drawing a gun, you are about to die.)

Do you shoot?

Or do you die?
edit on 2-12-2021 by Archivalist because: shoot or die

posted on Dec, 2 2021 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Thievery should be dealt with harshley.

posted on Dec, 2 2021 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Knock it off. Did you miss the part where he was waving around a knife like some sort of psychopath?

Threatening people with deadly weapons is a good way to punch out, permanently. No sympathy for this idiot.

He was reaching. We don’t have to wait to see what you’re reaching for. The only proper response would’ve been to follow all commands
edit on 12/2/2021 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2021 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Then don't draw a weapon. If you are carrying a weapon, and don't understand this you should stop as it puts you at incredible liability, both criminally and civilly, if ever in a position to do what you intend. Not to mention the claim that Arberry would have had had he taken that gun and shot all 3 men: self defense on a lunatic trying to kidnap me.

9 times out of 10 you're average punk kid will be too peeing their pants to make killing them remotely necessary.

posted on Dec, 2 2021 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

You’re armed and just threatened someone and you think you are walking away from me?

You either get on the ground, face first and prove to me your hands are empty or else. I’m not taking the risk of some innocent person being harmed because this nut job thinks he can threaten people and then not follow instructions designed to make sure the rest of us aren’t stabbed.

Cop made the right call. Would have smoked him too.

posted on Dec, 2 2021 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
Knock it off. Did you miss the part where he was waving around a knife like some sort of psychopath?

Threatening people with deadly weapons is a good way to punch out, permanently. No sympathy for this idiot.

In a wheelchair. Seriously. Would you feel threatened by a person in a motorized wheelchair? Really?

And you wouldn't see any other way to stop this rampage than firing 9 rounds into their back? While they moved at a snails pace away from you?

You really don't see how morose that is? Its like something Monty Python would do as a lampoon of US police....and you are supporting it? Its a real life caricature, and you applaud it?

LOL

Do you have any limits on when a cop can shoot and kill someone? If being in a motorized wheelchair and being shot 9 times in the back isn't over the line for you....where does that line lie?

posted on Dec, 2 2021 @ 11:43 AM
link   

You’re armed and just threatened someone and you think you are walking away from me?

You either get on the ground, face first and prove to me your hands are empty or else. I’m not taking the risk of some innocent person being harmed because this nut job thinks he can threaten people and then not follow instructions designed to make sure the rest of us aren’t stabbed.

See bolded emphasis above....walking? Did you read this story? Dude wasn't able to walk anywhere.

I'd posit that anyone stabbed by this person qualifies for a Darwin. A toddler could crawl away and outrun them.

posted on Dec, 2 2021 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: penroc3

yep, if you have ever been in a real gun fight

they don't usually last very long.

seconds to a few mins.

here is a really good and pretty fair youtuber who looks at various shootings from civilian to military, don't worry nothing to graphics as it is YouTube.

but it really is shocking how fast these thing happened and how fast they are over for the most part, once the first shot is fired its under 3 mins.

YouTube link, Show is called ASP

As a civilian, my approach to a gun fight is to fire off sufficient rounds to enable me to escape to cover. Preferably none if I can help it.

Flight before fight, unless the former puts you in more danger.

Plus, there's the old unwritten rule. Whoever calls the cops first needs the cheaper lawyer.

posted on Dec, 2 2021 @ 11:44 AM
link   

I don't know if it applies here, but I know about it happening with soldiers.

They've been drilled and drilled and drilled again to do certain things in certain situations, and sometimes they can't go off script even if the situation does because they've become so locked in to their training.

It's a form of tunnel vision, they follow through even if it's not appropriate.

There are stories about radar operators who see an incoming aircraft and they get locked into an attack drill and even after the aircraft pulls away they see it attacking in their mind and call out their drills rather than what's really happening.

It's possible that this cop saw somebody who was armed and not complying and in his head it was someone entirely different from the man who was really there.

Like some kind of psychosis.

You get this some times with ptsd victim as well. They freak out because something triggers a memory and it intrudes on their perception of reality. So instead of shouting at some kid on their lawn they think they're fighting some guy back in nam, and they go nuts and shoot them.

How interesting. Psychosis and PTSD can cause this type of irrationality..Doesnt matter where the disorders came from, wether its from having bullets fired at you or were in a bad car wreck. PTSD is PTSD and psychosis is psychosis. The behaviors while in an acute state of either are affected by everything, ..everything..Some might argue that just the training would have an effect on the episode..Is this fellow a combat vet? Any other training besides police academy that might influence 'his' reality?

posted on Dec, 2 2021 @ 11:46 AM
link   

They were in an area surrounded by civilians. Better to let them go and follow them at a distance, then approach them later on in greater numbers when you have more control over the situation.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join