It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop fatally shoots wheelchair bound man 9 times in back

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2021 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Someone in a wheelchair is more than capable of causing deadly harm.

How do they know he’s truly bound to the chair? Killers are known for ruses.

When he started reaching behind himself, he sealed the deal. He’s a threat to my partner and the public he’s going down and the courts can debate it later

Yes, plenty of limits. Just not this one! I don’t see someone in a wheelchair as more or less of a threat than anyone else. There may be logistical issues of getting to a specific victim, but who knows in the moment if he’s using the chair as a prop?

It’s the reaching and swinging a knife that gets me

9 times seems excessive. Granted. But it’s a testament to his training that he didn’t mag dump him. Around half the ammo in his mag, likely, was fired. It’s hard to regain composure in that moment

Sure you can go for a less lethal. But what happens when you’re wrong? What happens when he suddenly draws a handgun and starts killing innocent people? The problem is people not knowing how to act properly around other

I’m willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. This isn’t about an innocent man being gunned down

posted on Dec, 2 2021 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

Agree. Completely. If there’s any way to let them go, go for it. Follow them. Wait for them at home. Don’t have the confrontation near civilians unless there’s an immediate threat. Like someone reaching in non visible places that’s known to have at least one weapon and already threatened others with a knife

If they’d have waited and someone died, you guys would be calling for the cop’s head

It’s not about petty theft or letting the bad guy get away. It’s about public safety and all the folks who didn’t threaten to kill someone else getting to go home. Nobody wants to sit in jail. But when people are out of control like he was that’s exactly where they are going and belong. Anyone reaching would have taken the store temperature challenge.

9 times seems like a lot. But it happens fast. The threat isn’t over til those hands are visible. Hands are dangerous. It’s what you have to watch. Can’t grab a gun with your leg or ears or nose
edit on 12/2/2021 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2021 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Hard to watch

But then again if he was faking needing a wheelchair and jumped up then stabbed a few innocent people in the store to death then what?

posted on Dec, 2 2021 @ 12:06 PM
link   

I watched the entire video from another website so that it was originally posted on. The cop actually shoots the guy in the back which I won't deny but there was a knife in the guy's hand that you did drop if you clearly slow the video down very end you'll see the night drop in from his right hand

posted on Dec, 2 2021 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns

9 times seems excessive. Granted.

Gee thanks for that. Ive heard some pretty intense rules where it comes to safeguarding national security. Granted. Was this threatening a society? Or even causing 'grave' concern to one? Any human being would have 'jumped on the grenade ' in this situation. Wheelchair not withstanding. He could have been going to use that toolbox to carry componentry to build a mile shooting 22..we ll never know now. Yeah..he could have been a threat in all kinds of ways..to me this shows how inadequate his training was..not the other way around..probably the selection process as well. Just another 'regular' guy with a badge and a gun and a couple months worth of generic conditioning that doesn't do much more than teach them that at the end of the day its their authority that closes every deal.

posted on Dec, 2 2021 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

His training?

Police are trained to fire 9 rounds before pausing to reassess? In the back of someone?

What happened to 3 rounds, reassess?

The kicker? He was fired already. This happened on Monday. The chief of police he worked for did not agree with you either. I hope that you reconsider, or that if you don't that you are not a daily carry.

posted on Dec, 2 2021 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: didntasktobeborned

There is an inherent problem with using vets are LEO in an era where more than half of all gun deaths are vets committing suicide.

Im not proposing that we discriminate against vets. Im proposing that we need to do better by vets, especially if we are giving them a gun and authority to use it.

posted on Dec, 2 2021 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

You seem to assume you know everybody to know their opinions. Majority of people at my work agree . It was justified.

Play stupid games ... win stupid prizes. Pretty simple...

Had he not pulled a knife and went towards the store he be alive...

He shouldn't be fired. Matter of fact i think retail workers should also have tazers and guns...They deal with the most abuse from customers/criminals ..

Its about time they are able to set an example. Enough is enough.

You wanna play stupid games. Be prepared for stupid prizes.

Simple. and problem will fix it self.

posted on Dec, 2 2021 @ 12:26 PM
link   

All cops are “regular guys”

Would you rather LEOs be elite Ivy League types? You really want someone than regular guys/gals enforcing the law? Really?

No training regime teaches that. At all.

It’s not about national security. It’s an active threat to the public. This gentleman was an active threat to police and the public

We do not have to guess your intentions! We do not have to wait around and see if you really meant it. We will not wait around for someone to get hurt, if anyone gets hurt it’s the person making the problem

I could be wrong. I don’t have all the facts. From what I’ve seen it was the right call. A hard call. But the right one.

So what? You want them to sit and wait to see what he pulls out next? No matter if it’s a gun right? Have to wait and see if he REALLY intends to shoot down a group of citizens before taking action!

How about this? How about when someone with a gun pointed at you says DROP THE WEAPON you do it without hesitation and show your hands. THAT is how to survive a very stupid but very dangerous situation THEY created

posted on Dec, 2 2021 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: seedofchucky

what work is that, so i can stay far away.

there were so many non lethal options at these two enforcers hands and he chose execution

i assume you are a fan of Judge Dredd, extra judicial execution's and what not

a police officer is not judge, jury and executioner in a case like this

he could have just dumped him out of the chair, what is he going to do stand up and sprint at someone.

get real man.

posted on Dec, 2 2021 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

as a taxpayer who contributes to officer salaries, im not ok with my tax contribution being used to kill people for simply not obeying the commands of another fellow citizen who happens to have a badge and some presumed "lawful authority" to tell you what to do.

The police have the job of bringing people in front of a judge so that their argument can be heard. They do not have a duty to shoot people for not obeying an order. They aren't given the authority to be the danger in the situation that is a "dangerous situation".

The majority of interactions with police are a case of you doing nothing that has any other risk other than you will have to suffer the interaction with police. Someone from a grocery store alleging you stole something is not cause for deadly force. To be honest, its not even cause to call the cops. Write it off on your insurance as a cost of doing business.

I run hotels. If you skip out on paying your bill, its technically a state jail felony. Know how many times i've pursued that in my career? Zero. Retail theft is a cost of doing business that the public in no way has an obligation to adjudicate for me. And that is for hundreds of dollars, and not the cost of a #ty wal mart tool box.

posted on Dec, 2 2021 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

You dont' wanna know the kinda work

Retail workers deal with far too much abuse...

Its time to arm them with weapons / tazers

Let them use it and society will fix it self .

Do you know why saudi has low crime rate ?

Because of their harsh punishments...

This is how you train today's customers...

Play stupid games. Win stupid prizes...

Even if my family members were a victim . If they were at fault i will easily disown them...

I don't play sugarcoated games like you do ... I am here for results and action ...

Every retail worker should be armed.

posted on Dec, 2 2021 @ 12:38 PM
link   

I will point out: in Germany fleeing from police is not a crime. Why? Because what normal person is going to volunteer to have their freedom taken away from them? This person was acting like a normal person. No way in hell will I ever agree that, as an American human living in America, that I have given up my right to move freely. I may choose to comply with an officer, but if i choose not to in what clown world does this justify me being killed? Where is the due process that the constitution guarantees me?

posted on Dec, 2 2021 @ 12:39 PM
link   

No training regime teaches that. At all.

That..is an absolute. One that I must contest.

"Dont confuse your rank with my authority" Pretty sure this is Security/LE 101. Could be wrong. Pretty sure Im not though...example, just because you're in wheelchair, dont think I can't make you answer.
edit on 2-12-2021 by didntasktobeborned because: typo

posted on Dec, 2 2021 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: seedofchucky

i am by no means anti cop

but the guy could have kicked his chair over or even the guy, the police officer could have deployed OC

and what about going hands on, i bet you the knife was a small folding knife, they were both wearing vests and I'm not sure about where you are but our vests have a certain amount of knife protection, definitely safe from a small blade

the worse that was going to happen to them was a nasty cut.

like i said earlier my grandfather was a NYC vice cop so i have heard stories from my dad that make modern cops look like SJW's so I'm not some cream puff.

i just think that this could have gone WAY different with verbal skills and maybe some hands on skills.

if he had a gun he would have pulled that first, why pull a knifes when you have a gun.

posted on Dec, 2 2021 @ 01:11 PM
link   
It all sucks. Everything most of us do, including breathe, contributes to death. Especially in the US. Collateral damage? Maybe. Seems pretty self righteous though. Civilian streets in America have been a 'war zone' for a long time. Hopeful people try to create moments in the midst of the chaos that resemble a peaceful reality without ignoring its existence. Like the German/American Christmas party on the front lines during ww2..a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

posted on Dec, 2 2021 @ 01:46 PM
link   
When I was in my early 20s,a local cop in my town used to pick me up,stumbling drunk from the bar and take me home.

On the way,he'd lecture me about getting sober and being a better man.He was a good cop.

He shot and killed a friend of mine a few years later during a domestic dispute.My friend was drunk and came out of his house with a gun.He raised the gun at the police,that was all it took.

That cop that was so nice to me,that shot my friend was never the same after that.It wrecked him so bad,he quit the police force.I saw him years after and he was just a shell of himself.

I told him I was a few years sober and his talks finally helped me get that way.It didn't seem to help.He carried that shooting with him till the day he died.

I have a feeling this "cop" won't have that guilt.

posted on Dec, 2 2021 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Remember THIS
the next time you go into a store with NO Mask!!!

posted on Dec, 2 2021 @ 02:25 PM
link   

a reply to: YouSir

Would have smoked him too.

Ummm…I’m quite sure you would have…

I’m also quite sure you’d be rounding up the unvaxxed and loading them on cattle cars…like your bro’s are in OZ…

The…pride…you must feel…to be a member of such an…elite…club…

YouSir

posted on Dec, 2 2021 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: TWS1969

Hard to watch

But then again if he was faking needing a wheelchair and jumped up then stabbed a few innocent people in the store to death then what?

Ummm…I know…I know

If wishes…were fishes…we’d all have a fry…

And if the popo weren’t roid ragers…the duded be alive…

I just loves me some…if…

Sniff…

YouSir

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join