It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you're White, did you know you're responsible for the Crimes of your Ancestors?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: MykeNukem

Exodus is contained within the Torah and was incorporated into the Christian Bible, thus the religions involved are Judaism and Christianity.

I'm always hearing, particularly, believe that the BIble is the Express Word of God and each part must be obeyed.

Therefore, reasonably, someone with that believe should understand that the crimes resulting from slavery persist.

Not my area, really.

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
Stupid thing about all this is that it will boomerand and we will end up seeing real racisim making a come back out of this idiotic attempt to virtue signal their purity.

Too late.

People carrying the symbols of white nationalism into a public park, instigating mayhem, and then having the President of the United States say plainly that both sides are equally "good people" ... I think we can safely say that the box is opened.

(Unless you can explain that white nationalism isn't racist of course, go right ahead.)

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: CryHavoc

This attitude is nothing new. Kids are being taught stuff like this in school.

No critical thinking, just feelz...

Like reverse MLM lmao

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Exodus is contained within the Torah and was incorporated into the Christian Bible, thus the religions involved are Judaism and Christianity.

I'm always hearing, particularly, believe that the BIble is the Express Word of God and each part must be obeyed.

Therefore, reasonably, someone with that believe should understand that the crimes resulting from slavery persist.

Not my area, really.

Not your area? Yet you made a comment like that?

Just for the jab then? Gotcha...

What would anyone be obeying from that passage?

If a father commits an unspeakable act, could that effect his great grandkids? Is that possible?

Never seen anything to do with religion in the OP.....

Thanks for helping me gain some insight into your character though.

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 07:21 AM
link   
13.4 percent of the population are not getting all of the attention because anyone actually cares about them. It is power, politics and money.

We don’t discuss the white trash that got gunned down in the trailer park by the police last night. It doesn’t sell. No one cares. There’s nothing to hype.

BLM, Antifa, racism, and white privilege are all tools used for political gain.

Keep eating a healthy diet of white guilt and white shame or tell the other side to go to hell.

I tell them to go to hell and take their fake rhetoric with them.

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 07:25 AM
link   

It's not my area because I'm not a believer in either religion.

Slavery is an unspeakable act. There are folks alive today whose families directly either held slaves or advocated for slavery.

Were I a believer in such concepts as "the inspired word" I would understand that I am responsible for the wrong-doing of my ancestors back at least four generations, as so many folks are glad to claim their religious beliefs controll all aspects of their daily lives.

If this told you anything about my character, you're welcome. I suspect however the only thing that happened is that you ahve a preconceived notion that your blatant misunderstanding confirmed for you.

Besides that your feelz are irrelevant to the matter at hand. Best.

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: wdkirk

Thankfully that "13.4%" that you dont' even bother to honor with a name, i.e. Black Americans, is fully capable of taking care of themselves rather than being helped by anyone. That's what most Americans do. They're not children who require being led by the hand, they are Americans, and they should be treated like Americans.

You don't care about "white trash" that got killed in the trailor park? For what? Were they in the car with their kids not resisting arrest? Were they backing away or running away and were shot in the back?

I think you're wrong. I think people do care about that kind of police state overreach regardless of race.

Well, some folks anyway.

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Being white means also that we are the first to eradicate slavery, whilst in Africa and the Middle East it is still very much practised.
White people made equality laws, we care, there are safe spaces for just black people, because we live in a caring, civilised society where people can moan and whine and call you names whilst they still have all the rights like everyone else.
Want to go to University but haven't got the grades? Hell if you are black, come on in, we even suspend our grades for you so you sail through your social minority studies with a distinction. [Which is actually racist IMO]
Want to get a job in science but have absolutely not even the slightest clue? Please, this way, leave that white male with tons of credits standing there.
Want anything else that white people have worked hard and saved for without working and saving? What would you like?
Call us all derogative names and get murals painted for you by virtue signalling masochists? Where do you want them?

That said, all I see is governors who are black, heads of healthcare who are black, an American President who was black, black, incredibly rich sports personalities, celebrities and musicians. What about the old joke but true black police sergeant? Black Generals and doctors?
That's not oppression or racism against blacks. Maybe against some whites, bit not blacks.

Why don't they actually fight against real slavery, real oppression, real persecution, real murder [by their own and despots], real nasty people who just use them as pawns in politics which is all happening in the world? Well because you can't do that in the countries where this is happening. They'd be stopped really quickly in a really nasty way.

We are easy targets with the most to give and were the first to see how wrong it all is, that's why we are the bad ones.

They ain't seen nothing yet when actual racists, actual abusers, tyrants and sadists get into power. There won't be any more protesting, moaning, insults and looting.

Wish there were no more white people?
Be careful what you wish for because it may come true.
edit on 19-12-2020 by Hecate666 because: edited for words

edit on 19-12-2020 by Hecate666 because: efnmlaf

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 07:37 AM
link   

It's not my area because I'm not a believer in either religion.

Slavery is an unspeakable act. There are folks alive today whose families directly either held slaves or advocated for slavery.

Were I a believer in such concepts as "the inspired word" I would understand that I am responsible for the wrong-doing of my ancestors back at least four generations, as so many folks are glad to claim their religious beliefs controll all aspects of their daily lives.

If this told you anything about my character, you're welcome. I suspect however the only thing that happened is that you ahve a preconceived notion that your blatant misunderstanding confirmed for you.

Besides that your feelz are irrelevant to the matter at hand. Best.

You made the comment, no one else. Not being a believer is irrelevant.

The text doesn't say “wrongdoing against my ancestors” for one thing....

Looks like you're the one with preconceived notions. Not me.

Also, you're talking about “inspired word”, as though someone mentioned that. Just making things up now?

I've only addressed your comment and replies concerning the text...

Nothing to do with feelz, lmao.

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I didn't see the question that asks: 'Are you white and did your white ancestors die fighting southern Democrat slaveholders in the Civil War?
edit on 19-12-2020 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

The idea that the "sins of the father shall be visited upon the sons" is actually pre-Biblical. It can be thought of in active terms -- as in "the sons will be punished by conscious and willful actions of others," or it can be thought of in passive terms, as in "the sons will be affected by the sins of the father."

This isn't a new concept. It's just being re-visited within the context of critical race theory.

Seems to be a knock off on KARMA.

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Yes, the narrative that White folks are the superior paragons of the world is quite old. It was used to justify a few centuries of colonization.

I love it that folks can even write down that white folks are the best, better than all the rest (Black, Brown, etc.) and deserve all they have, are the richest and smartest and most qualified ... and yet, at the same time, victimized and hunted to extinction ...

... you can't make crap like this up.

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 07:42 AM
link   

And what about those of us whose ancestors are historically documented as having dedicating their lives to the fight against slavery?

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Very good. I did make the comment. Actually, being a believer is quite important to accepting the dictates of a book or not.

Which was ostensibly your question, which I'm beginning to suspect was just a point of departure for your own speechifying.

No, the text does say that. I said that. You may have encountered that sometimes a source is paraphrased.

Blatta blatta blah. I'm not the topic. You didn't like what I had to say. Got it. Move on.
edit on 19-12-2020 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
Stupid thing about all this is that it will boomerand and we will end up seeing real racisim making a come back out of this idiotic attempt to virtue signal their purity.

Too late.

People carrying the symbols of white nationalism into a public park, instigating mayhem, and then having the President of the United States say plainly that both sides are equally "good people" ... I think we can safely say that the box is opened.

(Unless you can explain that white nationalism isn't racist of course, go right ahead.)

I think that we all know that Trump was talking about the people who weren't racists as being good people, and something is only a symbol of white nationalism if that's how its being used at that specific time. If it's being used in a completely different context then it's a symbol of something else.

For example, the Swastika is an appropriated symbol that pre-dates the Nazi and which originates in another culture. It's a hate symbol if you draw it on the door of a synagogue, but if it's worn by a Buddhist priest then it represents the footsteps of Buddha. Same symbol, totally different meaning because of the context.

Liberals and the media refuse to see the distinction between a symbol that's used as a hate symbol and the same symbol used with a different meaning by different people.

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Yes, the narrative that White folks are the superior paragons of the world is quite old. It was used to justify a few centuries of colonization.

I love it that folks can even write down that white folks are the best, better than all the rest (Black, Brown, etc.) and deserve all they have, are the richest and smartest and most qualified ... and yet, at the same time, victimized and hunted to extinction ...

So you DO believe that the sins of the father's SHOULD be visited on their ancestors?

So in that sense, you ARE a believer I guess? Confusing.

Does this apply to all people? Or just one race?

What's the definition of that?

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 07:51 AM
link   

I'm ok then coz I'm more pink than white.

On a more serious note, racists don't need to be told what they are, they ken their stance and predicament just fine.

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

The Nazi flags and such were being used as white nationalist symbols at the time in question.

You can read Trump's mind? Awesome. To me he was equating the citizens of Charlotte coming out to protect their city against a bunch of out-of-towners intent on creating mayhem and killing people.

The swastika is indeed an ancient symbol. However, a Swastika set in a white circle in a scarlet field is a symbol of Nazism.

You're being disingenuous if you pretend that the Unite the Right event was not related to white nationalism/Neo-Nazism.

Best.

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 07:57 AM
link   

It’s hard for me to express how little I give a damn about others opinions on the topic of how I should feel.

Black culture is its own worst enemy and is responsible for the state of their own people.

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: MykeNukem

So you DO believe that the sins of the father's SHOULD be visited on their ancestors?

So in that sense, you ARE a believer I guess? Confusing.

Does this apply to all people? Or just one race?

What's the definition of that?

Did I state that? Then I don't believe it, more than likely. I'm not known for keeping my mouth shut.

No, my beliefs are much different than many Christians and associated groups. You didn't ask me to tell you what I think though, you tried to pick nits on a statement I made regarding the folks who believe the BIble when it is convenient for them.

I can't answer your wild galloping off topic, so I'll do you an undeserved courtesy and answer your implied question.

No, I'm not in favor of reparations. We should have made the playing field equal in 1865, yet we didn't. The Northern States had to punish the South, inflicting illegal limitations on us under the Constitution. Within a few years, the Southern states reasserted their economic power and the Northern faction abandoned the Fourteenth Amendment and a good bit of the remainder of the Constitution for over a century.

The only thing reasonably guaranteed in our Constitution is that all Americans are on a level playing field. That's all I would want. The concept of reparations is, to me, absurd, mostly because I believe that each individual is uniquely endowed by nature with civil rights and that qualities like skin color or religion or sex, gender, etc. are irrelevant to that.

Now you know.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join