It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you're White, did you know you're responsible for the Crimes of your Ancestors?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: notquiteright
a reply to: Bluntone22

Just to shut them up and stop entertaining the constant character attacks.

Have you ever had an argument with an insane woman?

Agreement will not shut them up or end the crap.

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: MykeNukem

It's succinct just irrelevant.

1)You don't determine what the BIble means to anyone but yourself.

2) You can't see that the third and fourth generations being held responsible for what their ancestors did speaks DIRECTLY to the topic of reparations just as I said it did, even though you may not understand or agree with what I said, is irrelevant. If someone believed that, they would agree with reparations. I don't agree with it, and for that reason and several others explained, I don't agree with reparations.

I'm not the topic, and frankly, I am unconcerned with your opinions of me or my posts, as I'm sure you are, vice-versa.

edit on 19-12-2020 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: CryHavoc

47. Statistically, you know that white people are far more capable than PsOC.

48. See #47

49. See #48

50. See #49

I don't know why, I just feel more comfortable with the list ending on 50.
edit on 19122020 by Snarl because:

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Haha Good point.

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Wtf is white nationalism is my first question??

I mean I'm white and believe in america first, but don't believe in separation by ethnicity does that count?

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

47. Statistically, you know that white people are far more capable than PsOC.

48. See #47

49. See #48

50. See #49

I don't know why, I just feel more comfortable with the list ending on 50.

In what ways? Statistically.

Also, can you define PsOC and White please? Thanks.

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: MykeNukem

It's succinct just irrelevant.

1)You don't determine what the BIble means to anyone but yourself.

2) You can't see that the third and fourth generations being held responsible for what their ancestors did speaks DIRECTLY to the topic of reparations just as I said it did, even though you may not understand or agree with what I said, is irrelevant. If someone believed that, they would agree with reparations. I don't agree with it, and for that reason and several others explained, I don't agree with reparations.

I'm not the topic, and frankly, I am unconcerned with your opinions of me or my posts, as I'm sure you are, vice-versa.

Sure.

1. Applies to you, too.
2. Has nothing to do with reparations.

I've never made you the topic.

As I've pointed out several times already, I've only responded to your arguments.

That's what we do here, no?

I've tried agreeing with you about reparations a few times now.

We agree on reparations and disagree about the Bible.

Good?

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Were you responding to the President's comments about the conflict in Charlottesville NC on August 11-12-2017?

If so, that's what I'm talking about in regard to white nationalism, not you personally.

Why would I be talking about you? You're not the topic. Beg pardon for the misunderstanding.

Your concerns seem to be that when people denounce something like the display in Charlottesville, police state violence, or calling out racism when they see it, or reparations, or ... whatever, you're saying that act will create racism ... when racism very clealry already exists ...

In other words, if you call it out, then you're going to make it worse. If I misunderstood you, you have my apology.
edit on 19-12-2020 by Gryphon66 because: Spelling format

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 09:06 AM
link   
It's a solo blog by a psuedoname - Gee Dizzle. Not sure how OP even found this blog. Kind of silly to argue over what this guy Gee Dizzle wrote when this post will probably get more views than his blog.....

edit on 19-12-2020 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Let's try to be a bit more specific with bandying words about.

For those against "reparations" what are you actually against when you say it?

I'm against untoward government interference in people's lives which often comes from a decent place but has long-reaching and negative effects.

Anyone else?

I'm against persecuting the innocent for the crimes of a minority - based on skin color. I am sick of it being phrased as the "sins of my ancestors," you're going to have to prove my ancestors owned a slave.

The majority of families that have come to the United States have come here since 1900. The United States wasn't a beacon of prosperity and freedom in the world until the 1900's. Almost everything you see has been built in the past 120 years.

According to the 1860 census, the total population of the United States at the time was 31,183,582. Of which there were 393,975 slaveholders and 3,950,528 slaves. Though, as you may know, whites were not the only American's to be slaveholders (owners) or slave masters. We can set that aside, for now though. Point being, the amount of population who owned slaves was small.

Tens of millions + of todays nonblack Americans are descended from people who arrived AFTER slavery was abolished. Tens of millions more are descended from Americans who never owned a slave. Actually, a lot are descended from those who helped free the slaves in the Civil War and during the Underground Railroad. A lot of those people paid reparations at the time, in blood.

Furthermore, through the years as we've become an integrated society, the races have mixed. So the only real solution to distributing reparations would be based on self identified race. Furthermore, would Oprah qualify for reparations? Obama? What about all of the other Black Americans who have, in the face of such oppression, rose above and succeeded becoming multi-millionaires / leaders in society? What about the ones who came here AFTER slavery was abolished? Do they qualify or is it only poor Black Americans that are proven to have been descended from slaves? How do we prove this?

Reparations are an ill-conceived pipedream used by racists as a carrot on a string, to drum up support against a boogey man during election cycles. There is no practical way that reparations could ever happen and it not turn out to be one of the most disappointingly bureaucratic / corrupt programs in history, for everyone involved it would be a nightmare. It would further erode the strides made by the civil rights movement, further divide Americans along racial lines, and bring back racial conflict in a modern way.

That is why I am against reparations.

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
It's a solo blog by a psuedoname - Gee Dizzle. Not sure how OP even found this blog. Kind of silly to argue over what this guy Gee Dizzle wrote when this post will probably get more views than his blog.....

Indeed.

As well as the fact that OP tried to turn that long string of loaded questions into "that means you're White."

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Wtf is white nationalism is my first question??

From webster dictionary:
One of a group of militant whites who espouse white supremacy and advocate enforced racial segregation.

So no, you don't count as a white nationalist. Just a nationalist. I think putting white behind the word means that race is heavily involved in your nationalist ideals.

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: QUANTUMGR4V17Y

That's an excellent fact-based and well-written response. As it happens, it seems that OP was not really about reparations, even though that was the suggestion in the title and some of the discussion when I joined in. Mea culpa.

I'm not overly fond of clearly defined labels, but I can say that the American racial framework is encased in our legal and economic systems. You're making an argument, a valid one, that since there's few ways to prove which people who define themselves today as Black or African American are related to slaves or that people who define themselves as White are related to slave owners is a very reasonable point.

Another good one is that under our Constitution, it would be obnoxious to punish people for crimes they didn't commit.

edit on 19-12-2020 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Only have one issue with your original comment of “slavery was a long time ago. . .”

The citizens of the US are slaves to the government in every single way possible. Money, healthcare, jobs, laws, regulations, taxes, REAL ESTATE taxes, and on and on

We exist to please the deep state.

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

Seems to be a knock off on KARMA.

A rose by any other name... right?

Funny how the more things (names) change, the more they stay the same.

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: Nickn3

Seems to be a knock off on KARMA.

A rose by any other name... right?

Funny how the more things (names) change, the more they stay the same.

Although I hesitate to quote scripture again after all the hoohah:

"What has been will be again,
what has been done will be done again;
there is nothing new under the sun."

Ecclesiastes 1:9

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 10:01 AM
link   

No they are not capable. He seems the need to blame everyone but themselves

The majority of black people in prison are not there because they are innocent. You can look up the stats yourself.

Blacks kill blacks in vastly higher numbers than anyone else kills them including the police that have become the scale goat. Again you can look up the stats yourself.

The entirety of the BLM movement was discredited when the first store was looted.

Take your load of far left rhetoric that is not representative of the true issues and go to hell with it. You are I the same league as everyone who supports the extremely false negative supported by fake news.

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 10:01 AM
link   

BUt if you go back far enough my ancestors are of all colour and race. To put a line of separation in at an earlier point is by definition racism...

Happy days

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: wdkirk

Black Americans aren't capable of taking care of themselves? False.

Many Black Americans in prison are there because they were targetted by law enforcement and railroaded by prosecuters due to lower economic status i.e. being unable to afford high-priced attorneys to get them off.

I've looked up the stats many times. Most racial groups kill more individuals within their racial group. Whites kill more people within their racial group than police kill within their racial group. /shrug

No, BLM was not discredited. It is what it always was ... a racially motivated political group. By that logic, the white terrorists who have killed hundreds in the last decade or two immediately discredit all White people. Would you agree?

I'm not talking anything "far left." You're spouting the usual narrative of the far-right.

Physician, heal thyself.

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Although I hesitate to quote scripture again after all the hoohah...

Understandable (unfortunately).

"What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun." Ecclesiastes 1:9

I am finding myself reminded of Ecclesiastes often these days, for many reasons that may only seem unrelated.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join