It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you're White, did you know you're responsible for the Crimes of your Ancestors?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: CryHavoc

It’s hard for me to express how little I give a damn about others opinions on the topic of how I should feel.

Black culture is its own worst enemy and is responsible for the state of their own people.

And is there a supposed united "White" kultcha??? Governing the action of every single "white" person???
edit on 19-12-2020 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Should you not just feel that people are people no matter the colour of there skin?

The cultural divide is the real issue, you see its class war, with racism simply being one of the tools they have in the box to promote division amongst our respective populations.

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

The broad brush paints both ways doesn’t it?
Did trump supporters get the benefit of a doubt or were they all lumped together as racist homophobic jerks?

And ask a black man if there is a black culture that’s not serving in its own best interest.
edit on 19-12-2020 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 08:08 AM
link   

a reply to: Spider879

The broad brush paints both ways doesn’t it?
Did trump supporters get the benefit of a doubt or were they all lumped together as racist homophobic jerks?

And ask a black man if there is a black culture that’s not serving in its own best interest.

By your stated theory, a culture is responsble for it's own actions, right?

Trump culture created the situation that Trump followers find themselves in, right?

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Dr king thought so.

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

What situation do you think I’m in exactly?

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Let's try to be a bit more specific with bandying words about.

For those against "reparations" what are you actually against when you say it?

I'm against untoward government interference in people's lives which often comes from a decent place but has long-reaching and negative effects.

Anyone else?

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 08:13 AM
link   

What situation do you think I’m in exactly?

You claimed that Black Americans are responsible for their situation soley based on their culture.

I had assumed you weren't saying that only about Blacks, so, since you seemed to be concerned about Trump supporters in your post that I responded to, I extended your idea to your own words.

If Trumpians are ill thought of, then their culture is responsible, right?

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 08:15 AM
link   

I don't think he was far wrong.

But simply ahead of his time.

Equality will never materialize whilst we squabble over petty indifference, organized religious practice, and diminishing resources.

Because the people at the top require division to remain where they are and facilitate their continued way of life, at the expense of the rest.

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: dug88

Maybe that's the best thing to do at this point. Just say, sure I'm racist. So what? When you are put in a position of guilt regardless of your actions or intent, simply by having a certain heritage, what else can you do? Going on the defensive doesn't work and just backs you in a corner. Just diffuse it by owning it. Cool, I'm a racist. Is that a water sign?

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Somewhat I would imagine.

The biggest issue is the parts of culture that are celebrated.
Nobody sees rednecks and says, that’s the berries.
Way to many see gang bangers and think,, nice.

And I never said it was solely based on culture but it a very big part of the problem.
It’s getting worse in every culture.

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: MykeNukem

Yes, the narrative that White folks are the superior paragons of the world is quite old. It was used to justify a few centuries of colonization.

I love it that folks can even write down that white folks are the best, better than all the rest (Black, Brown, etc.) and deserve all they have, are the richest and smartest and most qualified ... and yet, at the same time, victimized and hunted to extinction ...

... you can't make crap like this up.

So you DO believe that the sins of the father's SHOULD be visited on their ancestors?

So in that sense, you ARE a believer I guess? Confusing.

Does this apply to all people? Or just one race?

What's the definition of that?

Did I state that? Then I don't believe it, more than likely. I'm not known for keeping my mouth shut.

No, my beliefs are much different than many Christians and associated groups. You didn't ask me to tell you what I think though, you tried to pick nits on a statement I made regarding the folks who believe the BIble when it is convenient for them.

I can't answer your wild galloping off topic, so I'll do you an undeserved courtesy and answer your implied question.

No, I'm not in favor of reparations. We should have made the playing field equal in 1865, yet we didn't. The Northern States had to punish the South, inflicting illegal limitations on us under the Constitution. Within a few years, the Southern states reasserted their economic power and the Northern faction abandoned the Fourteenth Amendment and a good bit of the remainder of the Constitution for over a century.

The only thing reasonably guaranteed in our Constitution is that all Americans are on a level playing field. That's all I would want. The concept of reparations is, to me, absurd, mostly because I believe that each individual is uniquely endowed by nature with civil rights and that qualities like skin color or religion or sex, gender, etc. are irrelevant to that.

Now you know.

I'm responding to your posts. If anyone was Off Topic, it was you with your “religious” post.

Is the OP about “folks who believe the Bible when it is convenient”?

Who's off topic again?

My posts were very relevant. You just don't like it when you get called out on your BS.

Now, back to the OP.

I agree with you about reparations. Too late, now.

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: notquiteright

Maybe that's the best thing to do at this point. Just say, sure I'm racist. So what? When you are put in a position of guilt regardless of your actions or intent, simply by having a certain heritage, what else can you do? Going on the defensive doesn't work and just backs you in a corner. Just diffuse it by owning it. Cool, I'm a racist. Is that a water sign?

I absolutely agree. There's nothing illegal about being a racist. There are laws against taking some racist actions though.

Too often it seems, to me, that folks want to endorse racist actions though, and not be called for it.

Seems cowardly to me. If you're a racist, be a proud one. Just remember, some folks may react negatively to that.

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: CryHavoc

2. Do you run around screaming that racism doesn’t exist? Then YES

So... from what I understand here, so long you aren't running and screaming, you can actually dismiss the existence of racism and be good?

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: MykeNukem

I'm going to try to break it down for you simply one more time, at which point, I'll ignore any subsequent off-topic post.

The topic is whether reparations are valid or not. Reparations are loosely amounts or privileges given to one people as payment for the wrong doing that another people's ancestors did to their ancestors.

As someone mentioned, this is not an American phenomenon and has been around for a long time; like weregild for example.

The Bible is very clear that God visits punishment on the children of wrong-doers to the third and fourth generation. IF SOMEONE BELIEVES THE BIBLE, SOMEONE MIGHT BELIEVE THAT REPARATIONS ARE COMPLETELY VALID.

All better? Good. Glad we agree.

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: notquiteright

To what end exactly?

I know for a fact that my namesake family move to Virginia from England about 100 years before the United States became independent. Apparently they had a castle in England.
They owned a plantation.
I assume tobacco since it’s Virginia.
I also assume they owned slaves, I have no proof of that and have never really looked for any.

Am I supposed to feel guilty?
My dad was born in 1932 and grew up barefoot and broke with his 12 siblings.
Worked his butt off in a factory among other physically demanding jobs.
If that’s white privilege I’ll pass.

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 08:34 AM
link   

And I never said it was solely based on culture but it a very big part of the problem.

Okay.

So, my statement that Trump followers bring on the way others treat them because of Trump follower culture ... stands, based on your take on it.

Good deal. Great consistency.

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Just to shut them up and stop entertaining the constant character attacks.

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 08:41 AM
link   

a reply to: MykeNukem

I'm going to try to break it down for you simply one more time, at which point, I'll ignore any subsequent off-topic post.

The topic is whether reparations are valid or not. Reparations are loosely amounts or privileges given to one people as payment for the wrong doing that another people's ancestors did to their ancestors.

As someone mentioned, this is not an American phenomenon and has been around for a long time; like weregild for example.

The Bible is very clear that God visits punishment on the children of wrong-doers to the third and fourth generation. IF SOMEONE BELIEVES THE BIBLE, SOMEONE MIGHT BELIEVE THAT REPARATIONS ARE COMPLETELY VALID.

All better? Good. Glad we agree.

I agree with you about reparations.

The Bible doesn't say what you say it does, unless you “paraphrase”.

I don't require a wall of text to make my points.

Again,

Reparations=Agree
Bible=Disagree

Hopefully this was succinct enough for you.

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Okay.

So, my statement that Trump followers bring on the way others treat them because of Trump follower culture ... stands, based on your take on it.

Good deal. Great consistency.

This is what trump haters really are.

If my culture clashes with that I’m totally cool with it..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join