It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you're White, did you know you're responsible for the Crimes of your Ancestors?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

I wonder why white folks benefit the most? Maybe because there are still more of them than there are blacks?

You do understand that the 14th Amendment pretty much precludes the idea that you can create programs exclusively for blacks very easily, right? It's the same law that precludes programs exclusively for whites which I know would have you screaming bloody murder. But go right on ahead and advocate to repeal the 14th. I'll get the popcorn.

You do understand they tried to repeal the nondiscrimination provision in the California state constitution this last election, and not even folks in Cali were stupid enough to do that? It lost by margins wide enough that the minorities voted against it too.

And you didn't address my question ... if, by some miracle, there were REPARATION, would it end every single bit of racial strife pouring out black folks' mouths forever?

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 05:16 PM
link   
It's already happening. Just sit in front of the TV for 3 seconds and I'm not talking about the news. Blame the Obama appointed judges. Disgusting.
edit on 21-12-2020 by jseeley because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

And you didn't address my question ... if, by some miracle, there were REPARATION, would it end every single bit of racial strife pouring out black folks' mouths forever?

That's an unknown, we haven't really tried it have we , then again if certain members of the majority community insist in engaging in thinly disguised racist anti- AA policies maybe not, again reparations is about justice , to right a wrong. such as folks dispossessed of land and property, never recovered not mention loss of lives lost slavery.
The responsibility of stopping this, is not really on the shoulders of Black folks only.
edit on 22-12-2020 by Spider879 because: Fix stuff.

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Sorry the above should have said post slavery...Amazon IPad really suck.

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 02:22 AM
link   

again reparations is about justice

Do you know which people are requiring reparations i.e. were slaves not those that were slave masters, slave sellers, Johnny come lately or current slave owners in their homelands today?

Did you know the colour of your skin wasn't the only deciding factor of slavery or discrimination - Irish, Chinese, Italian, Jewish etc for the very short time in history your talking about needing reparations?

to right a wrong. such as folks dispossessed of land and property, never recovered not mention loss of lives lost slavery.

You better pack your bags and move back to your ancestral homeland as the first nation people have first crack at that lost land idea in Americas.

Can you show any shinning example in any "black culture" where all men women and children are created equal?
Where not 1 slave, indentured servant or serf existed and none felt oppressed?

Don't think a lot of historical cultures of any time period or colour could. Think Iceland might be earliest, not sure.

See you're not worried about using technology produced in a country that has a worse human rights record today than you are currently complaining about. Seems a bit hypocritical to support the oppressors for cheap technology.

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 02:35 AM
link   
It's worth remembering that a very large percentage of the people pushing this ideology are whites themselves. Often spoiled college kids and the academic and media pied-pipers who get them all riled up.

Not sure why but there it is.

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: puzzled2

again reparations is about justice

Do you know which people are requiring reparations i.e. were slaves not those that were slave masters, slave sellers, Johnny come lately or current slave owners in their homelands today?

Did you know the colour of your skin wasn't the only deciding factor of slavery or discrimination - Irish, Chinese, Italian, Jewish etc for the very short time in history your talking about needing reparations?

to right a wrong. such as folks dispossessed of land and property, never recovered not mention loss of lives lost slavery.

You better pack your bags and move back to your ancestral homeland as the first nation people have first crack at that lost land idea in Americas.

Can you show any shinning example in any "black culture" where all men women and children are created equal?
Where not 1 slave, indentured servant or serf existed and none felt oppressed?

Don't think a lot of historical cultures of any time period or colour could. Think Iceland might be earliest, not sure.

See you're not worried about using technology produced in a country that has a worse human rights record today than you are currently complaining about. Seems a bit hypocritical to support the oppressors for cheap technology.

There are important differences, tho with indentured servitude,especially following Bacon's rebellion, however I personally am not arguing the case for reparations for Slavery , as they ran out the clock on that , and could claim that no living slave exist to make case, it is messed up, but it was a legal institution, before the Civil war, I think there is a better case for post Slavery Reparations, when govt local and federal dispossessed its Black citizens.
Yes every new comer got that hazing treatment, but because of presumed whiteness, could within a generation or be accord rights both legal and social.
And no ! no culture African or Nome African can claim that they, do not do horrific things to members of it's society, however in this society there is at least on paper the ability for recourse, it has happened multiple times, like I said even slave holders got reparations, no questions asked or required, but with black folks??.. let the hair pulling and contortions begin as to why it can't or shouldn't be done.
youtu.be...
Pls go here for testimonials ^^ of AAs who made that move back to their ancestral continent.

I may have posted this here or on a similar thread, but many AAs are beginning to do just that, packing the bags and getting out of the U.S where they no longer feel the weight of the world on their shoulders.
edit on 23-12-2020 by Spider879 because: Add content.

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 03:57 PM
link   
They invoke the word sin as if they hold the keys of death.

See what happen was............

real responsibility.
edit on 23-12-2020 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: CryHavoc

What a load of absolute bollocks.

That article is more about a need to blame someone - someone being every white person - for their own personal failings.

Every single black person I know would literally piss themselves laughing at that article and its contents and every single woke white person who believed that sh!te.

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 04:58 PM
link   
It’s all my fault. Do something about it if you can.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join