It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are all going to die! Over-reaction, or politically influenced myopia? A few points about Wu Flu

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ThouArtGod

If you have something to say then stand up be counted!

Don’t carp on the floor. Haven’t you seen the rest of the site??

Covid-19 is under reported. We saw an amp up of 100 deaths a day starting on Sunday. Only 97 on Monday and one over 100 on Tuesday. Do you think that the number has gone down since the beginning of the week??

We should be over 1,300 by a few hundred now. Uh, 1,115 is way off of n China.

I for one do not cut anyone slack. And you can’t apologize or explain away that there are more deaths than we are being told.

I want you be “real”. Not much more. This started in October and there should be a bunch more people who have succumbed to this if we were seeing a 100 a day at the start of the week (weak?).

Stand up for truth! Join the world that cares. No mitigation on this!

Or we are all screwed.

edit on 12-2-2020 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: dumb autocorrect... probably more too..

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

I mean this seriously- in what way am I failing, exactly? I serve in disaster response at the federal level. I stock up, teach classes about family preparedness (for disasters), and help whenever I can... my whole thread is about the FACT I know this whole thing is underreported...

Again, are you confusing me with someone who doesn’t care?

Color me confused, but happy to set it right!

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThouArtGod
Just thought this article is interesting- posted 6 hours ago...
AP article claiming that the new cases have slowed

Maybe we should worry about disinfo...0

In the heat of the moment, I kind of missed your reply here. We should ABSOLUTELY worry about disinfo, but that cuts both ways, as in less cases vs. more cases, or even what's going on in Wuhan possibly isn't even totally explained by ANY coronavirus. And yeah, I do get it that I may be so openminded that my brain will just fall out......LOL. But I do think we have to approach ALL info that skeptically and remain open to ALL possibilities.

As you've done a good job at pointing out, the overwhelming of social/medical systems, either vis a vis a panic or just a possible virulent common cold that overwhelms medical facilities without even that high a death toll is just as damaging and dangerous as any killer virus/pandemic. But I am also trying to look at broader pictures of strange connections, past happenings and wider ripples, and what could be gained there.
regards,
tet

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Agree with you somewhat. I do not believe that the Chinese would let anything out of their own Biological Lab in Wuhan based on their rapid response. However, I wonder about the Duke University and The Pirbright Institute who are based in Wuhan. They hold a patent on the Coronavirus but its related to prevention of it among chickens.

The above along with the removal of two Chinese scientists from the Canadian National Microbiology Laboratory last July 2019 is troubling as that lab had the "people killing" Coronavirus since obtaining it from the Dutch in 2013.

Prominent virologist Xiangguo Qiu, her colleague and husband Keding Cheng, and an unknown number of her students from China were removed from the lab on July 5.

Also I have watched several videos of Bill gates and his speeches about vaccinations and how it can be used to control populations. Absolutely weird.

NO one is talking about the removed Chinese scientists nor about their current whereabouts. MSM is in the protective mode on Gates. Several other independent outlets have been banned from Twitter and now YouTube.

Strange

edit on 13-2-2020 by Waterglass because: typo

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

That’s is strange-

One of the things I was thinking about a couple of times this morning are the assurances I keep seeing both on ATS and in the MSM. My mother is a Nurse Practitioner, and one of her concerns (although she thinks this is overhyped) is that we know so little about the virus, yet medical professionals are so quick to dismiss it or compare it to the yearly flu here in the U.S.
Her concerns were the unknowns, like incubation times, the mean R0, the ability of the virus to stay alive in the open for 5+ days, and the methods by which it can be spread- to say nothing of any possible mutations.

As to your point about a Chinese release, an article I posted earlier points to the fact that Chinese labs are 22 times mite likely to have contagion breaches than the same facilities in Europe. Couple this with my own theories about the Chinese population ratio of males/elderly and a slowing economy, as well as (as another thread posits) the possibility of a MAD incident with groups of Chinese nationals (4 per country), and I wouldn’t put it past the Chinese to have insured a worldwide spread for their own security. That’s extreme, I know- but I am still shocked at the reaction in the Provence if this is truly “just” another flu.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThouArtGod
a reply to: tetra50

Have you seen that show with J.K. Simmons about the alternate earth? In this dual universe, the prime earth had a flu that killed 3-5% of the global pop., and I’m sure the blame played a huge part in politics, et al.

Also, note that this just hit India... that’s a truly scary thought.

I love JK Simmons!

I've never heard of the alternate earth show. Was it a TV show or a movie?

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Now I found this today. Its really weird.

1. First the story was run by Market Watch. A financial web site.

2. Heres the actual transcript of what this Dr. at the CDC said:

CDC does not currently recommend the use of face masks for the general public

3. People all over the world are wearing Face Masks but no need to in the USA? that's a direct contradiction of what the CDC published for 2019-2020

CDC

Go to the link and type in Face Mask as a keyword search.

Then go to the CDC front page and type in Face Mask as a keyword search.

BINGO
edit on 13-2-2020 by Waterglass because: added

edit on 13-2-2020 by Waterglass because: typo

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

It’s a two season show that they are also trying to develop a third season for distro on Amazon. It’s only a minor part of what I was mentioning (viral outbreak), but touches on social and economic shifts that resulted from a virus that killed 2-5% of the general public. Great show- and not to give anything away, but you get a double dose of JK!

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 02:52 PM
link   

That’s so weird- I quickly read through the study, and they are saying that although it is not recommended for traditional flu prevention (due to the propensity of people to fail to adhere to it in their home full time) it still cut 50% of the transmission rate.

However, during a severe pandemic when use of face masks might be greater, pandemic transmission in households could be reduced.

The rest is here.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 02:57 PM
link   

By the way- I had said in my OP a couple days ago that the cruise ship in Japan was a great test case for what happens in a city...

“On the ship, infections are getting very dense. ... It now provides a favorable environment for the virus to spread and I think it’s time for people to get off,” said Shigeru Omi, an infectious disease prevention expert and former regional director for the World Health Organization. “It’s like we are seeing a very condensed version of what could happen in a local community.”

AP article (updated hourly)

This is a crazy spread in a short, short time.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 03:52 PM
link   

It travels through the ventilation ducts simply by the people breathing. A person exhales 2.3 pounds of CO2 a day. That's vaporized water that is enriched with a virus. So if those infected are not quarantined in a separated air HVAC system based on what I read the others can become infected depending on the volume of air circulating. The boats HVAC system may not be large enough for the virus to dissipate and become a non issue. At least one expert has spoken out on this per your attachment above.

Search Results Featured snippet from the web The average human exhales about 2.3 pounds of carbon dioxide on an average day. (The exact quantity depends on your activity level—a person engaged in vigorous exercise produces up to eight times as much CO2 as his sedentary brethren.)Aug 13, 2009

Slate

Just breathing' is enough to spread flu

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF
What is your point?

If you don’t want to care... then why make a thread??

Oh, digital ego.

We all need to bow down to such Spock-like intelligence that anyone who is a bit worried about it worldwide pandemic is an idiot at best and a (probably, politically motivated) “fear monger”!!

Well, be “correct” and “smarter” or “superior” to the “idiots who think we are all gonna die” (your contex, or, at least lame lingual usage) but being informed is *not* anything like what you characterize in your OP.

The members “downplaying” this are incredible!

First off, if it ain’t this bat virus it will be another one.

Some (probably leftist or communist) said that knowledge is power.

Erm, yeah. You go man! You are sooooooooooo smart. And the rest of us are sooooooooooooooooov stupid!

S+F for the FUD!! Disinformation has its place in the world... kinda like Coronavirus, huh!??

OS - SHE loves me! I gave you star 23, and, flag 17!! Both prime numbers but beyond what you care about!

It's pretty obvious you reacted to the title and never read the OP or the thread. You really should apologize. Read the OP and then try again.

This is actually one of the more serious threads and so far a great read.

On topic -

So it isn't just about the Wu Flu, it's about the overwhelmed system, isn't it?

You make a great point in that. It's most certainly about an overwhelmed system in China and concentrated in Wuhan. I think you could describe China's response as one of panic. The mad dash to build the temporary hospitals show just how overwhelmed their system is.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Oh, I’m tracking. I just think it insane that a mere three days ago “experts” were saying that this virus needed prolonged exposure, spittum, etc..

My point? We know nothing, Jon Snow.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

It's pretty obvious you reacted to the title and never read the OP or the thread. You really should apologize. Read the OP and then try again.

This is actually one of the more serious threads and so far a great read.

On topic -

So it isn't just about the Wu Flu, it's about the overwhelmed system, isn't it?

You make a great point in that. It's most certainly about an overwhelmed system in China and concentrated in Wuhan. I think you could describe China's response as one of panic. The mad dash to build the temporary hospitals show just how overwhelmed their system is.

Hey! First, thanks for the great defense and figuring out what he meant, lol... I was SO confused.
Second, in that vein, this was why I even sat up and paid attention. They were reacting this way when less than a reported few hindered or so cases were even on the books. This reaction does not fit the narrative at all!

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Another update, as I actually feared-

Coronavirus can be spread through people who aren’t exhibiting symptoms of the illness, the director of the Centers for Disease and Control and Prevention said Thursday.

NY Post

Again, not a panic, but it shows more about both the virus, and the reason for such a reaction by the ChiComs.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kenzo
1. What happen in China can be very different situation than in other countrys...pollution and ethnic background

2. At this point Feb 11 true risks to American / European dont look worse than seasonal flu/influenza IMO.

3. Viruses come and go and they are hard to prevent...not all people automatically even get sick after have the virus, or just get mild symptoms or just common flu .

4. It`s good to care, but over reaction is not good.

There is no non-Chinese persons died to WuFlu yet. Oh and if one quite new study sayes that about 4400 persons die in a day becouse of pollution in China, it should put the daily WuFlu mortality reading to new aspect IMO...they have huge amount of sick people there with respiratory illnesses that it would be a miracle if many of those would not get in to serious condition with viruses that cause respiratory infections, including WuFlu .Other study has says that in some polluted areas in China , the pollution equals to 40 cigarettes per day , two packs of cigarettes, each day inhaled to lungs...

why some peopple dont get flu

I was thinking about the same thing today. Given the amount of air pollution that China is experiencing, and probable water borne pollutants, this virus may be attacking people with damaged respiratory systems to begin with. Maybe that's way the mortality rate is relatively high in China, not so high externally.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 08:52 PM
link   

I am sorry that I was off the cuff on my comments but there is a sense that the OP was not about a specific but possibilities. I was thinking in a different direction... for that I am sorry!

Re-reading the OP, there are great questions!

Again, sorry. I didn’t mean to derail your thread.

Mea culpa. *kneels*

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

No issues, and thanks for the apology!

If nobody made mistakes, we wouldn’t have the platypus!

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: openminded2011

I hadn’t thought of the pollution angle- that’s a valid point!

But I think we will have our answer in about a week or so, based on the results of what happens in Japan.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join