It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump Says, 'Take the guns first, go through due process second'

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

True, but the liberal mainstream propaganda news isn't selling guns and survival supplies. They also arent trying to get their viewers to believe that some apocalyptic gun confiscation is coming. And/or and economic meltdown.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

That 16 year old has to live a couple more years to get a gun. So you don’t think rapists/murderers/evil people won’t attack a 16 year old? LOL, you think they’ll wait until their victim is an adult before attacking them? If that’s the case, then they can wait a few more years until their victim is 21.
edit on 1-3-2018 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-3-2018 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
a reply to: Slanter

Solid point! That's one reason I stopped reading Alex jones' infowars. The constant fear-mongering and 1000 times we were on the verge of ecomic collapse, FEMA camps, or gun confiscation.

Say what you will about Alex Jones. Thank God he had the foresight and courage to warn us about the Gay Frogs!
If you want to look in the face of True Patriotism...Look no further than Alexander Emric Jones! end sarc...

I admire AJ as a marketing genius...but I guess selling BS to a targeted, intellectually challenged demographic, probably isn't that difficult.

edit on 1-3-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   

True, but the liberal mainstream propaganda news isn't selling guns and survival supplies. They also arent trying to get their viewers to believe that some apocalyptic gun confiscation is coming. And/or and economic meltdown.

Does anyone at Fox sell guns or survival supplies? Liberal media does provide plenty of misconceptions about what's going on with guns. Both sides do this.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

It's funny, infowars condemned mainstream media for years then suddenly started posting FOX-linked articles and videos. Can't put all the blame on Alex jones though. He has a large team. Maybe Alex jones would be better if he had friends , like joe Rogan, to call him out on his BS. Instead he has a team that greatly amplifies his alt-right vibe. Last I remember, Paul Watson was pushing Christian articles.

I know it's off topic, but I think Alex jones-like media and Fox News is why many are unwilling to logical talk about guns.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

Does anyone at Fox sell guns or survival supplies? Liberal media does provide plenty of misconceptions about what's going on with guns. Both sides do this.

How could you have missed this?

www.foxnews.com...

(post by ErrorErrorError removed for a manners violation)

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: notsure1
a reply to: theantediluvian
I was surprised he said this But I got the impression he was talking about cases like Cruz..

Lets be honest that guy should have never been allowed to keep his guns due process be damned.

Where do you draw the line...? Spousal abuse, DUI conviction, Reckless driving, Psychological therapy, What is the criteria for being a responsible adult and cleared to own firearms?

Trump opened a big ole can o worms, eh?

The problem is there isnt really a line drawn and if there is it is really blurred.

Yes if you beat your wife you should lose your guns, if you drive drunk you are not really responsible enough to own guns IMO

I mean if you cant even be responsible enough to get an uber then eff em.

Non violent criminals lose that right every day.

So we need to draw a line.

ETA

Also if you ever threaten someone with your gun or post on the internet you want to kill people.

you should lose your guns.
edit on 1-3-2018 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   

So no? All the major news outlets highlight products. That doesn't mean anyone there has a stake in that company.

link   

Obviously not directly. Corporations help each other out. NRA needs fox propaganda. Gun companies need NRA. You and I already know both sides are bias.

However, the right takes the cake with being completely unwilling to comprise.

link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

So your for lowering the age then. That way that sixteen year old is covered, gotcha.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

So no? All the major news outlets highlight products. That doesn't mean anyone there has a stake in that company.

Your being ultra-naive or just taking devils advocate too far.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

So more regulation that will do nothing to stop future attempts, because we all know that the sorts of people that do these things obey rules and regulations, right?

So, yeah, wrong.

Hardening of targets is a stop gap method at best. If you'd bothered to find my thoughts on the matter elsewhere on other threads you'd have known that and not decided to have a go at me.

Are you going to tell me that there aren't issues in the mental health industry that can be fixed that might help prevent future problems?

...and mockery, too, eh? Rock on, my man.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Color me surprised. It appears DJT has betrayed the NRA, and in the process gaining allies in the Democratic party.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   

You and I already know both sides are bias.

However, the right takes the cake with being completely unwilling to comprise.

So both sides do it, but the other guys are worse? Unwillingness to compromise? Did you miss this post on the previous page? That's a pretty epic refusal to compromise. "You didn't give us everything we wanted, so # your bill that at least has some of our proposals in it!"

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   

I know it's off topic, but I think Alex jones-like media and Fox News is why many are unwilling to logical talk about guns.

Surrealism has replaced critical thought in American culture. It's fascinating to watch. This is priceless....
Is this the same mind set of the obsessive gun culture. I have a nice firearm collection but Jesus Christ....

edit on 1-3-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

So more regulation that will do nothing to stop future attempts, because we all know that the sorts of people that do these things obey rules and regulations, right?
Cruz did. Right? Bought his gun legally. No law on the books to prevent him from doing so. No law on the books to remove it from him.

Are you going to tell me that there aren't issues in the mental health industry that can be fixed that might help prevent future problems?
No. I'm saying that gun regulation should be looked at just as closely as mental health solutions (more so, I think). A very small number of mentally ill people commit mass murder or violence of any sort, as do a very small number of legal gun owners. Why not look at both sides of the coin?
edit on 3/1/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Cruz did. Right? Bought his gun legally. No law on the books to prevent him from doing so. No law on the books to remove it from him.

No. I'm saying that gun regulation should be looked at just as closely as mental health solutions (more so, I think). A very small number of mentally ill people commit mass murder or violence of any sort, as do a very small number of legal gun owners. Why not look at both sides of the coin?

that is not exactly true

even though he bought legally he only did so because of the program put in place by local law to let underage criminals off the hook. Without the no jail for youth program he would have several felonies.

clearly the federal law would have likely stopped him if not for the local law letting him go.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Salander

Naw! Trump is only being realistic. You gotta grab a crazie as quickly as you can. If he's waving a firearm around in public, this is really easy. If he only left a paper trail, to a stash of firearms like Nikolas Cruz's, then I believe you grab him first, get a search warrant secondly, and thirdly, you separate him from instruments, which he might hurt himself, or others.

Trump repealed an Obama era E.O. which would have taken firearms away from elderly people who accepted health professionals to manage their finances. Most of these use family members with durable powers of att. to do this. So the Feds. wouldn't know squat. But if a social service worker was assigned, to care for someone's finances, then the BATFX would swoop down and grab his firearms. There's a really shady world out there preying on elderly people, through phone scams and mailings, in order to peddle goods and services that they will never use. My wife intercedes in her father's account, and she does have a durable power of att. for his finances. But the Gov't doesn't need to know anything about him.

It was just some more of Obama's destructiveness, and Trump squashed it. Now the lefties are screaming that Trump repealed a perfectly good mental health E.O. of Obama's. You'll even hear a little of this on A.T.S.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

There's discussion on this here. It's by no means certain that no law currently on the books could have prevented him from purchasing. The laws just weren't enforced.

ETA: Also, a former FL prosecutor seems to think he could've been stopped.

Source
edit on 1 3 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join