It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump Says, 'Take the guns first, go through due process second'

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire
Trump supporters don't have their talking points from Sanders or FOX news yet.

Y'all voted for him, y'all did this.

Sad thing is, they will most likely do it again.

Funny how they fell for the most obvious line of BS I can think of.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Well...

Being a political atheist myself, this doesn't surprise me at all.

Here's a bonus for all you parents...by raising the age requirements for gun purchasing from 18 to 21, that's only creating another gun free zone. That zone for example would be your 18 year old adult daughter who has to wait three years to acquire personal protection.

So muggers, rapists, kidnappers, etc. have three years to tear your children a new one.

Go politicians......

Yay.....

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Are you all (and I mean all) new here to earth?

Let me recap the past two years since you obviously haven't been paying attention.

Trump says sh#t.

People freak and lose their sh#t.

Then Trump comes back and compromises and gets other sh#t done.

Everyone who originally lost their sh#t thinks they got something out of the deal.

Am I the only one on Earth who read his book?

People!

Eat some fiber. Have a nice cup of green tea.

Listen to some soothing music and lighten the # up.

Hahahahahahaha

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: RomeByFire
Trump supporters don't have their talking points from Sanders or FOX news yet.

Y'all voted for him, y'all did this.

Sad thing is, they will most likely do it again.

Funny how they fell for the most obvious line of BS I can think of.

Of course they will.

It's only a matter of time before Trump cultists clarify what he really meant and how it's yet another very stable 4D genius chess move.

Trump is the antithesis to a free populace. Unless you don swastikas and heil Hitler, then you're a very fine person.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

So what’s a 16 year old who’s got a car and is driving herself to her job gonna do for personal protection? She’s got to wait two years.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Are you all (and I mean all) new here to earth?

Let me recap the past two years since you obviously haven't been paying attention.

Trump says sh#t.

People freak and lose their sh#t.

Then Trump comes back and compromises and gets other sh#t done.

Everyone who originally lost their sh#t thinks they got something out of the deal.

Am I the only one on Earth who read his book?

People!

Eat some fiber. Have a nice cup of green tea.

Listen to some soothing music and lighten the # up.

Hahahahahahaha

You're right, we should just lighten up when the "anti-establishment," POTUS spitballs ideas that directly circumvent the Constitution.

Right wingers cried for nearly a decade that Obama was coming for your guns, Trump literally says "take the guns first, due process second," and the same group of people defend him.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

The difference is Obama was serious.

He scared me.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

you do know that if you report someone as armed and suicidal or a threat to others the law will take their firearms before due process and you don't always get them back its what that sheriffs deputies should have done in florida.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   

He scared me.

Did the black man scare you, DBC?? You are ruled by your feelings! Try putting the feels aside and focus on facts and rational thought.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: crtrvt

He scared me.

Did the black man scare you, DBC?? You are ruled by your feelings! Try putting the feels aside and focus on facts and rational thought.

Why you so racist? Can't a man's policies concern someone without bringing race into it?

Lighten up Francis.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Trump is so predictable not sure why people are shocked. He handles it just like a company would you get your power players together and spitball. Throw everything on the table and then say work it out. Emails start flying ideas are rejected and in the end you go back in front of the CEO with your proposal.

Trump is not an idea guy by any means where he excels is choosing which idea is better.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

what we really need is an investigation into that florida sheriffs department and feinstein going on about ar15 and tek9
do anybody even buy tek 9s anymore i know they were popular with bangers back in the day.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   
What confuses me is that Trump says something that seems like Dems would like, and then the Dems get frustrated that he wants to take guns from the mentally ill.

I can definitely see why taking the right to a firearm away from mentally ill people is somewhat unfair - how mentally ill? Do they have to be a certain level of dangerous first? What if all mentally ill people couldn't have access to firearms? Isn't that like 50% of the population?

I can also see the advantages of this sort of gun control - I am generally for gun control specific to the situation and increased vetting (just like Republicans want increased vetting of immigrants from certain areas).

I think that assault weapons shouldn't be sold to anyone under 21, maybe all firearms. Since school shootings are the main problem, this makes sense. Some people point out that enforcing the laws we already have would be a good start, too.

As for the mentally ill people, maybe if they are considered dangerous by their counselor or psychiatrist or whatever they shouldn't be able to own a gun. I've had a friend who threatened to shoot up my college campus with a sniper rifle, and the counselors knew about it, yet he could have still purchased a gun. I have another friend who is quite mentally unstable and has even pulled his legal loaded gun on me before because he thought I was a home intruder when we were roommates.

I'm not even sure which side of the issue Repubs and Dems are on when it comes to age limits or mental health restrictions. So I'm interested to see responses to my post.
edit on 01pmThu, 01 Mar 2018 12:12:47 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   

He scared me.

He "scared," many people. I could go on a rant about the ridiculous theories cast at Obama. Anti-Christ, three terms, FEMA camps, Reptilian, is Osama Bin Laden, the birther movement, his wife is a man, his wife is a gorilla....

Alex Jones theories about Obama (AJ believes Obama receives technology from inter-dimensional psychic vampires who are giving humans technology to prevent free will so that the vampires can invade the third dimension, creating and winning a war, then transcending to the remaining eight dimensions of our existences).

It's why I don't care about "feelings."

From the Fast and Furious, the drone program, healthcare, hypocrisy on cannabis, deportation - there are legitimate complains against Obama, that are largely ignored, as opposed to tabloid hyperbole.

And the same goes for Donald Trump - people focus on primarily the wrong issues, albeit to be fair Trump is either incredibly out of touch, is an egomaniac, or is entirely inept in that any respectful human being wouldn't say nor do the things he has done - and this is a big one.

If I ever feel like I'm becoming overwhelmed by politics, I take a break. I remind myself that, chances are, throughout my lifetime I will live a relatively safe and happy life... and that's what matters.

Other times? That part of my brain that wants to jump feet first into the rabbit hole itches... and I can't help but satiate that need.

I was vehemently opposed to Obama due to an overall draconian legislation, back-door deals, secretive drone programs, and I undoubtedly believe he carried on the legacy of "the deep state," that's been in place for God knows how long.

I believe Trump is an extension of this, and I could be wrong.

But if I'm being honest.... seeing the group of people who claimed for years that Obama is "coming for our guns," suddenly defend Trump's comment about "due process second," is amusing.

If Obama had said "take the guns first, due process second," well, we all know how different of a tune we'd be singing right now.

The excuses aren't applicable here. Can't blame the left, can't blame Hillary, can't blame Obama, can't blame the libtards, can't blame the media, can't say it's fake news - it's straight out of Trump's mouth.

Instead, it's deflected away as spitballing, 4D chess, just saying #.

I've been thoroughly paying attention - and this hypocrisy is exactly what he said a Trump presidency would result in - have you been paying attention?

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   
That sixteen year old is not an adult.

Duh.

ETA: So you're advocating for actually lowering the age...

edit on E31America/ChicagoThu, 01 Mar 2018 13:39:03 -06003pmThursdayst01pm by EternalShadow because: ETA

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   
It's funny to see the trump-voters freak out because he's not blindly going along with NRA and hardcore-republican propaganda. Their extreme position of guns for everybody with little to no background checks. How do you guys fall so hard for NRA propaganda? They simply want to sell more guns.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Food for thought: notice how every time Obama said we had to think about enacting "Gun Control" the far right talking heads would all shout "THEY'RE COMING FOR YOUR GUNS!" and then gun sales and NRA memberships would skyrocket... A republican president essentially saying "We should take their guns" right after a school shooting? The paranoids are going to stampede to the stores to pick up guns and ammo.

I wouldn't be surprised if this resulted in a record year for gun manufacturers and the NRA.

And then in a month Trump will either pretend he didn't say that, or outright deny saying it, and everything returns to normal except for some extremely happy stockholders.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
What confuses me is that Trump says something that seems like Dems would like, and then the Dems get frustrated that he wants to take guns from the mentally ill.

I can definitely see why taking the right to a firearm away from mentally ill people is somewhat unfair - how mentally ill? Do they have to be a certain level of dangerous first? What if all mentally ill people couldn't have access to firearms? Isn't that like 50% of the population?

I can also see the advantages of this sort of gun control - I am generally for gun control specific to the situation and increased vetting (just like Republicans want increased vetting of immigrants from certain areas).

I think that assault weapons shouldn't be sold to anyone under 21, maybe all firearms. Since school shootings are the main problem, this makes sense. Some people point out that enforcing the laws we already have would be a good start, too.

As for the mentally ill people, maybe if they are considered dangerous by their counselor or psychiatrist or whatever they shouldn't be able to own a gun. I've had a friend who threatened to shoot up my college campus with a sniper rifle, and the counselors knew about it, yet he could have still purchased a gun. I have another friend who is quite mentally unstable and has even pulled his legal loaded gun on me before because he thought I was a home intruder when we were roommates.

I'm not even sure which side of the issue Repubs and Dems are on when it comes to age limits or mental health restrictions. So I'm interested to see responses to my post.

Most gun rights advocates support more strict penalties for people who violate gun laws or commit crimes with a gun. Many of us also support strengthening the background check system by improving reporting of mental health information and criminal convictions to NICS. There was a Republican bill to do just that in 2013 that Democrats filibustered because Republicans had filibustered their more "comprehensive" bill.

Politico, my emphasis:

Republicans and Democrats put forward dueling background check proposals: Democrats are reviving the core of a bipartisan plan from 2013 that would establish a universal background checks system, including at gun shows and for Internet sales. But their current measure is broader than the version from three years ago, drafted by Sens. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) and Pat Toomey (R-Pa.). That effectively ensured Toomey, whom Democrats want to oust from his Senate seat this fall, would vote against it, and the measure failed on a 44-56 vote. All four proposals needed 60 votes to advance.

The Democratic proposal drew notable opposition from their own party, including Manchin, Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee Chairman Jon Tester of Montana, and Sen. Heidi Heitkamp of North Dakota. But Sen. Mark Kirk (R-Ill.) backed it; he voted with Democrats on all four measures.

"There’s 46 of us [in the Senate Democratic Caucus], more than 90 percent vote with us every time, so I think you should not focus on one or two that voted against what we feel is good legislation," Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid of Nevada said when asked on the intraparty opposition. "Democrats are doing our job."

Meanwhile, the GOP plan, written primarily by Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa), pushes more resources to the National Instant Criminal Background Check System but doesn’t expand the universe of mandated background checks. His measure would also revise legal definitions on who is banned from owning a gun due to mental-health concerns. It also was blocked in the Senate, 53-47, rejected by nearly all Democrats but also Kirk and fellow Republican Sen. Cory Gardner of Colorado. Sen. Joe Donnelly (D-Ind.) supported the measure.

OK so you couldn't get the Republicans on board with all your measures. You couldn't even get all the Democrats on board with it because it was too broad and overarching. So you vote down the GOP bill that would at least enact some improvements? Even though it's stuff you wanted and say you agree with, because it's not everything you wanted? That's #ing childish. So much for "if it saves one life", right? Just remember that next time someone says it's all the GOP being bought by the NRA that we can't get any gun control legislation passed.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Slanter

Solid point! That's one reason I stopped reading Alex jones' infowars. The constant fear-mongering and 1000 times we were on the verge of ecomic collapse, FEMA camps, or gun confiscation.

Funny coincidence that survival supplies, guns, and viewership of alt-right media spikes. Well, can't forget about FOX news either.

I don't see how the folks here can't see that they are being played by psuedo-patriot sell-outs.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
a reply to: Slanter

Solid point! That's one reason I stopped reading Alex jones' infowars. The constant fear-mongering and 1000 times we were on the verge of ecomic collapse, FEMA camps, or gun confiscation.

Funny coincidence that survival supplies, guns, and viewership of alt-right media spikes. Well, can't forget about FOX news either.

I don't see how the folks here can't see that they are being played by psuedo-patriot sell-outs.

Just to play devil's advocate here, I'd venture the other networks ratings go up as well since all the gun control advocates are tuning in to hear their doses of confirmation bias too. It's not like this type of behavior is exclusive to the right.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join