It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Look! There's A Petition To Remove CNN's Airport Monopoly

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: Pyle

originally posted by: c2oden

originally posted by: texasgirl

originally posted by: Konduit
A large part of CNN's audience are "24 hour viewers" ie. airports and waiting rooms.

When you take this into consideration and look at their abysmal ratings, it really makes you wonder how many people are actually tuning into CNN.

LOL!!! And they're only 2 above the Hallmark Channel!

It is pretty telling how the right is all up in arms about CNN but look at the top of that list... FOX NEWS.

Even if you add up MSNBC and CNN ratings it nearly equals FOX NEWS.

But yes its CNN that is the problem....

You posted without reading the OP, didn't you?

Nope OP wants to BAN CNN from airports because the airports receive government funding.

He wants the Ban because CNN evil/biased/fake news/ect.

Problem is these airports choose CNN because unlike Fox or MSNBC they are much more center aligned and international travelers are much more likely to accept CNN to the others.

The government isnt forcing CNN to be displayed. Nor is government funding the reason why CNN is pick by the airports.

It would be nice if people had the freedom to choose, would it.

But there's that pesky word "freedom" screwing up CNN's monopoly!

Just like OUR Federal Government taking away our FREEDOM to choose the health insurance we want.

BTW.. What prize does the 2,500th petition signer receive?

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   

A large part of CNN's audience are "24 hour viewers" ie. airports and waiting rooms.

When you take this into consideration and look at their abysmal ratings, it really makes you wonder how many people are actually tuning into CNN.

It is pretty telling how the right is all up in arms about CNN but look at the top of that list... FOX NEWS.

Nope OP wants to BAN CNN from airports because the airports receive government funding.

Problem is these airports choose CNN because unlike Fox or MSNBC they are much more center aligned and international travelers are much more likely to accept CNN to the others.

The government isnt forcing CNN to be displayed. Nor is government funding the reason why CNN is pick by the airports.

Just like OUR Federal Government taking away our FREEDOM to choose the health insurance we want.

A threat from cnn.
If you don't comply, your name and posting history displayed on cnn.

edit on 2017-07-07T20:21:33-05:002201707America/Chicago7 by c2oden because: probably

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
Sounds unconstitutional to me:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

en.wikipedia.org...

It's not.

Well that's a convincing argument.
The petition isn't unconstitutional but if the government was to do it THAT would be.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   

I still don't believe you read the OP.
Either that, or you love cnn and feel the need to defend cnn.

Tell me what I got wrong then? Second time someone has claimed I didnt read the OP but did nothing to substantiate that claim.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   

A threat from cnn.
If you don't comply, your name and posting history displayed on cnn.

You're just kidding, but after this week, you may be right! By law, is CNN entitled to see all petition signers?

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
What an idiotic post. This is why America sucks, because Americans are so damn retarded.

You don't care that your Fuhrer cares more about Russian money than the American people, but you will spend all your time attacking media that any sane person regards as normal.

Zucker , is that you ? You most certainly have lost touch with reality after learning AT&T may terminate you after the buyout. You had it cushy for so long...
I understand.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I wasn't kidding.
Nothing they do will suprise me anymore.

It's sad.
My Mom loves Don Lemon.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   

What an idiotic post. This is why America sucks, because Americans are so damn retarded.

You don't care that your Fuhrer cares more about Russian money than the American people, but you will spend all your time attacking media that any sane person regards as normal.

That's funny, you are using American technologies to spread your "point" that Americans are retarded. Hahahah.

Jokes on you bub.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Thank you for making this thread i am going to sign the petition

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

It is incumbent upon all travelling yanks to immediatery proceed to the nearest propaganda box at your local airport and cut the chord - citing the Patriot Act if asked.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I do not believe my eyes - the words cnn and propaganda in one sentence.It remains to look at those who every day grumble about Muslim suicide bombers and Russian hackers.goyim look at poor and miserable faces www.rense.com... they are your best friends, why do not you keep them
on your taxes
edit on 7/7/17 by mangust69 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/7/17 by mangust69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   
CNN's marketing strategy of having a airport dedicated network is genius. It opened a lot of doors of opportunity for them in other markets, which they've thoroughly exploited. But...a foundation built out of deception and out right lies is bound to fail eventually, it always does. Fortunately, there's still enough people on the planet to see them for the propaganda machine that they are. I've enjoyed watching their ratings tumble.

And..with Zucker at the helm they're destine for failure anyways.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

It is incumbent upon all travelling yanks to immediatery proceed to the nearest propaganda box at your local airport and cut the chord - citing the Patriot Act if asked.

Gotta use your TSA approved scissors tho

edit on 7/7/2017 by scojak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Ohare has a one-eyed TSA lady who shoots on sight. She'd likely miss me, but what of others nearby?

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   

A Gift for you!

Des

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

....And there it is. The worst and most pointless thread today. Ad hominem insults and baseless accusations.

Congratulations on being 'That Guy'.

CNN has been caught in a lot of lies, and has lost all credibility. I wouldn't be so sure on your assumption that you are sane because you believe CNN.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   
signed

second line

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: FissionSurplus

He's the same guy that said Hillary Clinton would've been a more sane option, and that he would be okay with throwing all Trump supporters into concentration camps.

Can't make this # up..

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
a reply to: FissionSurplus

He's the same guy that said Hillary Clinton would've been a more sane option, and that he would be okay with throwing all Trump supporters into concentration camps.

Can't make this # up..

Sure you can make # up... I could claim the same for you and offer the exact same evidence you did.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join