It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Look! There's A Petition To Remove CNN's Airport Monopoly

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+54 more 
posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   
With all the ongoing discussions about CNN blackmailing a person exercising their right to create a funny, critical of CNN, meme...along with how CNN has quickly become the poster child for 'Fake News', I've been curious about CNN's use of airports and other venues to add to it's viewer ratings, advertising rates and it's resulting revenue.

Thanks to a post and links by Vasa Croe in another thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...
Included LINKS:
i2.cdn.turner.com...
en.m.wikipedia.org...
(appreciation to Vasa Croe)

I was able to discover that due to having provided televisions locked into CNN (24/7/365), throughout 48 major airports (as of 2015), CNN is able to claim an additional quarter of a Billion viewers, yearly...by claiming any person passing through these airports is a CNN viewer.
In turn, this inflated viewership is leveraged to it's financial benefit.

In a serendipitous manner, I just now came across this through Twitter:

[SNIPPED]

The premise is that CNN has a virtual monopoly in these airports, which are, themselves federally-funded.

Ergo, taxpayers are specifically facilitating CNN's exposure, while allowing CNN to boost it's ratings and, as a result, it's advertising rates and revenue.

IMO, CNN is abusing the system, the American taxpayer...and any idea of responsible and respectable journalism.

edit on 7-7-2017 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-7-2017 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

edit on 7.8.2017 by Kandinsky because: 15e.) Recruitment/Solicitation: i) You will not use your membership in the Websites for any type of recruitment to any causes whatsoever. You will not Post, use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to disseminate advertisements, chain letters, petitions, pyramid schemes, or any kind of solicitation for political action, social action, letter campaigns, or related online and/or offline coordinated actions of any kind.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   
That's why you stay at the bars

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Yeah, those corporate contracts are based on seating capacity so if you're paying to pump CNN into airports, gyms, Etc, they're considered to be full capacity with regards to their occupancy and viewership numbers reported.

Neat little shell game that someone is calling out the tricks of.
edit on 7-7-2017 by jadedANDcynical because: Not wish

+9 more 
posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   

THANK-YOU for sharing this, IAMTAT! I just signed, and added an explanation as to why terrorist CNN should be shut down, or moved to another country.

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
The premise is that CNN has a virtual monopoly in these airports, which are, themselves federally-funded.

Ergo, taxpayers are specifically facilitating CNN's exposure, while allowing CNN to boost it's ratings and, as a result, it's advertising rates and revenue.

And here, all along, I've been wondering about that controversial propaganda law 0bama signed.

Something else we should ask President Trump to repeal.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
With all the ongoing discussions about CNN blackmailing a person exercising their right to create a funny, critical of CNN, meme...along with how CNN has quickly become the poster child for 'Fake News', I've been curious about CNN's use of airports and other venues to add to it's viewer ratings, advertising rates and it's resulting revenue.

Thanks to a post and links by Vasa Croe in another thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...
Included LINKS:
i2.cdn.turner.com...
en.m.wikipedia.org...
(appreciation to Vasa Croe)

I was able to discover that due to having provided televisions locked into CNN (24/7/365), throughout 48 major airports (as of 2015), CNN is able to claim an additional quarter of a Billion viewers, yearly...by claiming any person passing through these airports is a CNN viewer.
In turn, this inflated viewership is leveraged to it's financial benefit.

In a serendipitous manner, I just now came across this through Twitter:

[SNIPPED]

It is quite disturbing. I read about it a long time ago but just never had any reason until that other thread to post about it.

CNN Airport is its own network and it's censored by CNN for the stories it aires...makes you wonder what else they change right?

CNN Airport broadcasts 24 hours a day, seven days a week, with around-the-clock technical and editorial staffing. Because it broadcasts in public waiting areas, CNN Airport will not air graphic video coverage of commercial air accidents or incidents, unless the incident involves a national emergency or threat to security. CNN Airport also screens out material that is either sexually explicit or portrays graphic violence

They do this in gyms as well but I will have to find the report I read on that part.

The links are directly to a CNN distribution to get advertising dollars and the wiki on CNN Airport Network.

edit on 7.8.2017 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

+15 more 
posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   

I travel infrequently, but since I'm flying out in a few days, will have to pay attention.

Usually I'm just drunk and crying and busy taking off all my clothes in line for TSA.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Done. Thanks for the heads up.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   

I don't know Steve. But it's signed.

I prefer the local news feeds. Why can't they do this.?

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Together, with Trump as President, we can succeed where the last attempt (2012) at removing CNN from airports failed.
REF: www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   
A large part of CNN's audience are "24 hour viewers" ie. airports and waiting rooms.

When you take this into consideration and look at their abysmal ratings, it really makes you wonder how many people are actually tuning into CNN.

edit on 7-7-2017 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I'm usually not one for signing things, but I did this time.

I feel like an activist now!

+15 more 
posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Honestly, this war against the facists media regime, despite what some say about freedom of the press, this is what's making America great again.

Go America, I'm rooting for you.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   
What an idiotic post. This is why America sucks, because Americans are so damn retarded.

You don't care that your Fuhrer cares more about Russian money than the American people, but you will spend all your time attacking media that any sane person regards as normal.

+24 more 
posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

MAGA! MAGA! MAGA!

Does that trigger you

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

I prefer MAEG. Doesn't sound as "catchy" as an acronym, though.

+11 more 
posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
What an idiotic post. This is why America sucks, because Americans are so damn retarded.

You don't care that your Fuhrer cares more about Russian money than the American people, but you will spend all your time attacking media that any sane person regards as normal.

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
A large part of CNN's audience are "24 hour viewers" ie. airports and waiting rooms.

When you take this into consideration and look at their abysmal ratings, it really makes you wonder how many people are actually tuning into CNN.

LOL!!! And they're only 2 above the Hallmark Channel!

+23 more 
posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Thanks. Thanks alot. I literally just spit coffee all over my monitor.

Actually, thanks very much. That was hilarious. I think he's afraid he'll lose his job if CNN goes under.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join