It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Look! There's A Petition To Remove CNN's Airport Monopoly

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Signed. Only 300 or so needed.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Like others here...I signed my first ever petition. Thanks for the info IAMTAT

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

It was 450 needed when I signed it.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   
If you think the CNN Airport Network is bad, just wait until they put in the Spaceports..

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: liveandlearn

It felt right to sign.
380 to go.
I wonder why they stop at 2,500.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Signed petition

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: liveandlearn

It felt right to sign.
380 to go.
I wonder why they stop at 2,500.

Probably some minimum requirement. When I signed 2 hours ago, 1,328 more sigs were needed. This baby could get to 10,000 today if that were needed.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Signed.
I don't like airports or cnn.
edit on 2017-07-07T19:37:59-05:002201707America/Chicago7 by c2oden because: cuz

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl

originally posted by: Konduit
A large part of CNN's audience are "24 hour viewers" ie. airports and waiting rooms.

When you take this into consideration and look at their abysmal ratings, it really makes you wonder how many people are actually tuning into CNN.

LOL!!! And they're only 2 above the Hallmark Channel!

It is pretty telling how the right is all up in arms about CNN but look at the top of that list... FOX NEWS.

Even if you add up MSNBC and CNN ratings it nearly equals FOX NEWS.

But yes its CNN that is the problem....

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

A large part of CNN's audience are "24 hour viewers" ie. airports and waiting rooms.

When you take this into consideration and look at their abysmal ratings, it really makes you wonder how many people are actually tuning into CNN.

It is pretty telling how the right is all up in arms about CNN but look at the top of that list... FOX NEWS.

You posted without reading the OP, didn't you?

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

That's not fair.

We need to force people to watch MSNBC and CNN, amirite!

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Sounds unconstitutional to me:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
Sounds unconstitutional to me:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

en.wikipedia.org...

It's not.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: c2oden

Nope OP wants to BAN CNN from airports because the airports receive government funding.

He wants the Ban because CNN evil/biased/fake news/ect.

Problem is these airports choose CNN because unlike Fox or MSNBC they are much more center aligned and international travelers are much more likely to accept CNN to the others.

The government isnt forcing CNN to be displayed. Nor is government funding the reason why CNN is pick by the airports.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Infoshill
If you think the CNN Airport Network is bad, just wait until they put in the Spaceports..

I've always wondered about why it was on all the time.

It's not only domestic airports.

I've seen it in almost every airport I've been in and hotels wherever I've traveled.

Pisses me off too, lol.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

That's not fair.

No, people dont have watch the TVs at airports. CNN unsurprisingly is the most centrally aligned Major News Network in the US. People from outside the US are also more likely to view it favorably compared to the other networks. Showing CNN was a business decision by the airports. If enough people start rejecting CNN these places will change on their own. But instead OP wants to go the way of government censorship which what a shock seems to align with Trump policy.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Nope OP wants to BAN CNN from airports because the airports receive government funding.

Problem is these airports choose CNN because unlike Fox or MSNBC they are much more center aligned and international travelers are much more likely to accept CNN to the others.

The government isnt forcing CNN to be displayed. Nor is government funding the reason why CNN is pick by the airports.

It would be nice if people had the freedom to choose, would it.

But there's that pesky word "freedom" screwing up CNN's monopoly!

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

That's not fair.

No, people dont have watch the TVs at airports. CNN unsurprisingly is the most centrally aligned Major News Network in the US.

That's your opinion.

Only your opinion.
edit on 7-7-2017 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   

I still don't believe you read the OP.
Either that, or you love cnn and feel the need to defend cnn.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: CB328
What an idiotic post. This is why America sucks, because Americans are so damn retarded.

You don't care that your Fuhrer cares more about Russian money than the American people, but you will spend all your time attacking media that any sane person regards as normal.

CB's correct, either you haven't done your homework, or you are just don't like CNN because they don't like Trump, the latter being quite obvious. CNN have been doing deals with many countries for years, that profit them, but also the countries they work in, as do most of the networks, it business, but of course you don't have to like it...check it out, the premise is silly. The petition is also mistaken in part because most countries have state sponsored media and/or public TV. Even Pence started his American state sponsored media in Indiana....that could be dodgy could it not? It was also usual for the White House to control the 'free' press in what they say on air or in print, and it still is.
Just realise one thing, there are stories and events that any press or TV/Radio will not touch...that's the reality, the other part of that is, most people are not full of shiite, but they can talk shiite when they rabbit what they have been told on the box or the radio and the many crappy press outlets.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join