It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am genuinely concerned about the LGBTQ people, and what they will be facing in a Trump Presidency

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: misskat1

I am genuinely concerned about the LGBTQ people, and what they will be facing in a Trump Presidency

Thank you for caring and being that person. This is where and how our national healing begins: Simply by caring and respecting others and their wants/needs.

I would say that people -- all of us -- need to understand that the truth has been twisted and contorted and tweaked and twerked by those with an agenda to such an extent that we're all jumping at shadows. And that Trump is no exception; therefore we should wait and see what happens, then deal with it -- just like anything and everything else.

Trump may truly be the outsider that his supporters believe in with neither a left- nor right-agenda. Instead of borrowing trouble, let's wait and see what happens, and then address reality -- not fears.

But if/when their fears become reality, then we strive for balance and mutual respect in our solutions, which is exactly what has been sadly lacking in the "solutions" both sides have come up with for too long.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: misskat1

No one should need special rights. Everyone should be given equal and fair treatment. The bathroom deal is one of those "so stupid I can't believe people are still talking about it" type of deals. The notion of enforcement is ludicrous, and would make the TSA look mild by comparison.

But if we get right down to it, marriage is actually a religious deal. What is essentilly happening is a collusion between state and religion to complete the marriage process (one licenses it, the other delivers is). This needs to be broken as a mutually exclusive deal. Then the issue is solved. Legal unions should be the standard, with marriage being a possible stand in for it if one so chooses.

Its not like there aren't logical, simple solutions to our problems. I think the problem is that people listen to respond, instead of listening to understand.

SM2

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: SM2

You cannot give someone the right to discriminate just like you cannot give someone the right to murder someone. No one is forcing anyone to do business. But if you choose to do business in our society, you must follow certain laws that our society has set up. Non-discrimination is part of those laws.

If I dont went to make a NAZI cake that will be part of a neo nazi bday party for Hitler, I'm not discriminating against them. I'm just not participating.

Actually, you would be discriminating against them. If you use the left logic. You would be refusing service to a customer based on a religious or political basis. Now, in my mind, you should be able to refuse to provide service to anyone for any reason because it is your private business and your rights should not be trampled to make another individual feel better.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

You cannot give someone the right to discriminate just like you cannot give someone the right to murder someone. No one is forcing anyone to do business. But if you choose to do business in our society, you must follow certain laws that our society has set up. Non-discrimination is part of those laws.

If I dont went to make a NAZI cake that will be part of a neo nazi bday party for Hitler, I'm not discriminating against them. I'm just not participating.

Neo nazis aren't one of the protected groups under the non-discrimination laws, so you're good.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   

One thing Trump can very much do is nominate justices for the Supreme Court. Rulings by the Supreme Court greatly affect legislation in this country.

It is not fear mongering to be concerned about that.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Why so much worry and national attention for 3% of the population? They'll be fine. Stop giving them so much attention.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   

One thing Trump can very much do is nominate justices for the Supreme Court. Rulings by the Supreme Court greatly affect legislation in this country.

I'm very concerned about the Supreme Court.

We don't need another Scalia.

SM2

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

We also don't need another Ginsberg. it all depends on your outlook, and the voters this cycle all knew that the supreme court was up for grabs and look at the results. I acknowledge your concern,and find it to be rather alarmist and irrational at this point . it seems the concern from others with opposing view points won out. So as Obama famously said ...elections have consequences and I won. So there you have it. That attitude was fine with all you guys when it was your guy and it was fine when Hillary and company spent all of their time slinging insults at people that did not worship her. So grow up, move on and deal with as an adult.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: SM2

We also don't need another Ginsberg. . . .

Ginsberg is awesome. And she's not trying to rule by theocracy.

She's not pushing Dominionism. NOT something I made up.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

>Active Theocrats: The New Apostolic Reformation and The Seven Mountain Domionists: www.abovetopsecret.com...
>How the N.W.O. Scientific Theocracy will be Implemented in the US (Ron Paul): www.abovetopsecret.com...
>Sarah Palin a Secret Agent for Dominionist Christianity?: www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 10-11-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

SM2

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   

We also don't need another Ginsberg. . . .

Ginsberg is awesome.

And she's not trying to rule by theocracy.

She's not pushing Dominionism.

No, shes just an ultra liberal activist judge that tries to influence polticial elections with her social justice warrior opinions, which if you really look at what happened in this election, you will notice that people are sick and tired of that attitude. A justice is supposed to interpret the constitution, not legislate from the bench, but she never followed that.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   

No, shes just an ultra liberal activist judge that tries to influence polticial elections with her social justice warrior opinions, which if you really look at what happened in this election, you will notice that people are sick and tired of that attitude. A justice is supposed to interpret the constitution, not legislate from the bench, but she never followed that.

Oh yeah, Social Justice, Equal Treatment, Equal Rights.

So horrible that we have to get along, be nice to each other, treat each other with respect.

The Horrors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I think some are afraid they will no longer be in the "Limelight". A lot feel like they deserve special treatment. Maybe it's an attention thing.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I never truly understood the bathroom "rights fight" it is funny we should do what many business has done, divide bathrooms into private individual ones and assign no male of female tags.

Starbuck did it and works just fine.

Actually before the change on either or, I use both equally when the female was full I went to the male one and I didn't care

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I never truly understood the bathroom "rights fight" it is funny we should do what many business has done, divide bathrooms into private individual ones and assign no male of female tags.

Starbuck did it and works just fine.

Actually before the change on either or, I use both equally when the female was full I went to the male one and I didn't care

The big issue is schools. That's where all this started.

There are many young transgender children.

Yes, they are born with their brain telling them they are a gender different then their physical body.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tekaran
I think some are afraid they will no longer be in the "Limelight". A lot feel like they deserve special treatment. Maybe it's an attention thing.

Equal Rights is NOT special treatment or an attention thing.

In many states you can refuse housing, fire someone from their job, refuse service, etc - - just because they are LGBT.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Well I see not harm to divide them into private ones and everybody be happy while keeping their privacy.

After all transgender is not the majority in schools, we just want them to fell welcome and let everybody keep their privacy.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
Why so much worry and national attention for 3% of the population? They'll be fine. Stop giving them so much attention.

Sing Hallelujah

Deal with the real issues. Trump, forget these clowns, sort out the real problems. Don't be sidetracked, don't be waving no rainbow flag. Get on with being a Real President with Real World Presidential issues.

edit on 10-11-2016 by Now2016 because: (no reason given)

SM2

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tekaran

Equal Rights is NOT special treatment or an attention thing.

In many states you can refuse housing, fire someone from their job, refuse service, etc - - just because they are LGBT.

show some proof of that please. Show me where you can refuse housing or employment based on sexual preference.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Oh yeah, Social Justice, Equal Treatment, Equal Rights.

So horrible that we have to get along, be nice to each other, treat each other with respect.

The Horrors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where does it end though? I made a comment to a woman about being emotional over the election result and that was labeled sexist. Where does it end? It wasn't sexist at all, everyone with vested interest in the election was emotional. I don't think anyone is saying not to be equal, but the far left take it way too far to the point it's counter productive.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   
You know, it's interesting. Equal rights for the LGBTQ community is necessary. And Trump's election will NOT send you back or erase the progress that's been made. But how about we/you/I/they stop referring to it as a separate community. The issue of segregation, to some extent, appears to be from activists of the "LGBTQ" community themselves.

Much like yesterday, and the day before and the day before that.... Your lives won't change for the worse because of your ethnicity or sexual orientation just because Trump will be president.
edit on 10-11-2016 by MrConspiracy because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join