It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am genuinely concerned about the LGBTQ people, and what they will be facing in a Trump Presidency

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Except for how there's ZERO screening in place. The fact is any boy can simply say "I'm trans" and walk right in there. Hell, they can probably just walk in there and then bust out the trans excuse if somebody actually challenges them.

You enable perverts to be perverts and that's just what they'll do which can be said of any and all deviant behaviors and criminalities).

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: MysterX
a reply to: kaylaluv

A bacon laced wedding cake can be any colour, including white.

Stop being obtuse. We are talking about wedding cakes made with the EXACT same ingredients. There is no such thing as "gay" flour or "gay" sugar or "gay" butter or "gay" eggs.

Pardon?

Obtuse...means deliberately being difficult or pretending not to appreciate what you're saying Kaylaluv..i'm certainly not avoiding your point, perhaps you'll afford me the same courtesy?

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
a reply to: Throes

So what they want to do since tax payer money pays for medicaid, is remove the reimbursements, in essence, not giving Planned Parenthood $500 million of taxpayer funds?

Yes.

Which is the same exact thing as when your medicaid pays the pharmacy for birth control or for prescription drugs or a leg brace.

~tENTH

They'll have to remove funding for abortions from Medicaid, probably can't be done. Although they might be able to strip PP of their tax exempt status if they've been bad monkeys.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 07:07 AM
link   
The LBGTQ community is safe, unless they also happen to be Mexican, or Muslim

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

Do you agree that there is no such thing as "gay" flour, "gay" sugar, "gay" butter and "gay" eggs? Do you agree that a generic wedding cake is a generic wedding cake, no matter who it is sold to? Do you agree that a baker is being discriminatory if he refuses to sell a generic wedding cake to someone based on their race, nationality or sexual orientation?

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 07:09 AM
link   
This 'bare knuckle' 'wide open' approach to the restroom issue is the perfect example of the increasingly uncompromising nature of liberal mindset these days. The Age of Reason is in its death bed, and the Neo-Rape Culture is on the bed jumping up and down.

Alright I'm out. Wasn't even trying to make a big thing of this again.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Except for how there's ZERO screening in place. The fact is any boy can simply say "I'm trans" and walk right in there.

no they can't, no they won't. The incredible stigma that comes along with being a trans person, the fact that trans people are considered perverts and admonished by a lot of people, don't you think that would you know, bring a lot of attention to a person who is doing it to commit sexual assault?

Seems like a lot to put ones self through just for the ability to rape somebody in a bathroom, considering you could do ALL of that, without claiming you're trans.

The arguments just don't make any sense.

~Tenth

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

I hope they aren't funding abortions with public money that would be wrong and I'm pro choice.

If they were, where the law clearly states they cannot then they should suffer some kind of repercussion. Besides, planned parenthood has done some really racist sh.t over the decades regarding abortions and such.

~Tenth

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

There is no such thing as "gay" flour or "gay" sugar or "gay" butter or "gay" eggs.

Everybody knows that Flour,butter, or eggs are the gateway for homosexuality.
Its Science. Have you ever met a LGBTQ member that didn't try one of the three? Yeah I didn't think so and if you did, than thats only because they are reptilians.

Don't worry Trump will band all Flour ,butter, and eggs I I tell you. That is why he his against the TPP . The import of flour , butter , and eggs is a sexuality terrorist act.

Seriously I don't trust trump as far as I want his hair but people are going crazy about him winning. Not saying you specifically K, but man its pretty crazy speculation as if prior POTUS within the last several decades were anything to brag about.

edit on 151130America/ChicagoThu, 10 Nov 2016 07:15:32 -0600000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

As i understand it, attacks happen within Public and school bathrooms and are often heterosexually motivated, so we're not really just talking about a tiny proportion of the community, the problem of sexual attack is gender blind, as it happens right across the board of the sexual spectrum.

I don't doubt there are homosexually motivated attacks too, and Bisexually motivated attacks, as well as heterosexual attacks...hence the common denominator is people of one sexuality or another attacking other people of one sexuality or another...the way to deter or avoid such sexual attacks is if there is a bathroom attendant present.

In schools, this can be a caretaker stationed as bathroom attendant during recess, lunch or other break times, as generally the kids will be in class out side of these limited periods.

No extra money required.

It can't be that difficult to realise that someone is less likley to initiate a sexual attack in a bathroom if someone in authority is stationed there, just like a shop or business is less likely to robbed if a cop happens to be parked right outside.

It's a relatively easy fix to a topic that is going way out of control IMO.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
Besides, planned parenthood has done some really racist sh.t over the decades regarding abortions and such.

~Tenth

Sanger was a eugenicist, no matter how they try to deny it. But the question would seem to be, do they do good work now, and is there some legal reason they're being funded by the government? If yes, it's going to be hard to do away with them. Unless they've egregiously violated their non profit status, that is.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Yes, you jest, but seriously, if Trump does what he has promised and puts conservatives on the Supreme Court (and with a Republican dominated Senate and House, he certainly can do this), a lot of current legislation that currently protects the LGBT community could change.

I'm not saying it is imminent, but we should be diligent and we should let him know loud and clear that this is not what we want (and by we, I am talking about the LGBT community and its allies). By being silent and complacent beforehand, it would be our own fault if he goes through with what he has promised.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Nah they just aren't allowed to fund abortions with federal money. The rest is on point. I mean look you get a mammogram at one clinic or a planned parenthood clinic, doesn't really matter, either place is going to get the medicaid reimbursement.

~Tenth

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Do you agree that there is no such thing as "gay" flour, "gay" sugar, "gay" butter and "gay" eggs? Do you agree that a generic wedding cake is a generic wedding cake, no matter who it is sold to? Do you agree that a baker is being discriminatory if he refuses to sell a generic wedding cake to someone based on their race, nationality or sexual orientation?

Yes, i do agree that there are no 'gay' ingredients...well, perhaps the egg could possibly be gay, or will be once hatched, but there's no way of knowing for sure...

And yes, if the cake was a generic cake, with no additions that would be offensive to an individual business owner (as in my example of a Jewish baker being ordered to make a bacon and ham laced cake) then to refuse to sell one such generic cake, without such additions, would imo be completely wrong based on nothing else than sexual orientation of the customer.

With a caveat...

If a gay or straight customer entered my shop (if i had a bakery) and was rude, demanding, obnoxious and generally being a git, i would refuse to sell he or she that cake regardless of their sexuality based on the fact that i dissagreed with essentially selling my time making the cake to such a rude and ignorant person.

If that gay customer was polite, friendly and an all round nice person, and i happened to be against homosexuality for religious or personal reasons (i'm not), i would still sell that generic cake (possible gay egg not withstanding) to that person, as it would be a generic cake i sell to everybody.

If that gay customer, (and bearing in mind, i'm still pretending to be this anti-gay shopkeeper) demanded that i make a specific and unique cake with overt gay messages and so on, i would, based on personal choice refuse to sell that non-generic cake to that person.

But no, of course i would still sell a generic cake to a gay person as it would be the same cake i would sell to anybody...in that scenario, the customer's lifestyle or orientation is nobody's business but their own, and certainly of no concern of mine.

There's a difference Kaylaluv...i hope you understand that i am most certainly not being obtuse, which would be rediculous position on a chat forum to begin with!

edit on 10 11 2016 by MysterX because: typo

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   
about the Thread Title:
'I am genuinely concerned about the LGBTQ people,
and what they will be facing in a Trump Presidency

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

correction needed..... the text should be LGBTQ 'COMMUNITY'..... not LGBTQ 'people' ...

as for the much anticipated 'change' to that group in the eyes of the governing body (Trump republicans)

I see the LBGT community losing the platform upon which they stood (so as to be held in high esteem)

the glorified and rare-air the deviants once held will revert back to the more normal wet & slippery rock they were more at home Under -> pre-Obama...
the glory days are over for those inmates of a dead-end lifestyle & culture,
at least for the Trump-Pence renaissance era

this is not a rant.... but rather an appraisal.... hey I am a committed Hedonist but not in the perverse sense

if I stepped on some toes... be happy I wasn't wearing my steel toed combat boots
edit on th30147878490310352016 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

(post by peskyhumans removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: misskat1

Maybe spend more time on facts and the future and less time on gossip and drama.

SM2

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I think there is just a lot of general butt hurt and whineyness coming from a bunch of sore losers, but that just my opinion and i am sure it matters not to the vast majority of you. That is fine by me .

As far as the cake argument that has resurfaced, personally, I would sell any cake to any customer and not care, because I personally could not possibly care less about a persons sexual persuasion and what they do in their home, as it is none of my business. What about the right of the shop keeper to refuse service to any one he doesn't want to provide a service to? There are plenty of businesses out there refusing to serve any customer wearing a gun, how come that is not violating that person's rights? That personally would be utilizing a constitutionally protected right. How is that any different at it's most basic level? Or is it, you personally don't like that particular right and wont condone that activity? So then what we have is typical leftist hypocrisy.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: SM2

Pretty much my point.

Think i need a cuppa tea and a nice slice of non-gay ingredient cake.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   

I agree with everything you have said here (I don't know about the egg part). Good to see we are on the same page

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join