It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am genuinely concerned about the LGBTQ people, and what they will be facing in a Trump Presidency

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
This is a man who wants to defund Planned Parenthood...

In all truth I'm not sure how you explain funding them anyway.

I think people need to take a step back.

Conservatives/Republicans want less government programs and less taxes.
Liberals/Democrats want more government programs and the taxes to fund them.

What's Planned Parenthood, who is in charge, and who is funding it?

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: misskat1
a reply to: imjack

I dont even know how to respond to that rant.

I bet.

originally posted by: misskat1 And as far as a solution, if you look and act like a man use the mens room, if you look and act like a women, use the womens restroom.

And what if you look like a man, but you've already undergone Surgery? What if you look like a Woman, but are still a man? What if you sound like a Man, but look like a Woman? The clarity in your solution is amazing.

originally posted by: misskat1 And build another bathroom for the none of the aboves. Easy.

Most of these people are fighting to be accepted as the opposite Gender, not 'none of the above'. This fight includes what bathroom is used. A third bathroom is still discrimination.

I never said anything about killing anyone.
No, just harming them for being themselves.

originally posted by: misskat1And if you feel comfortable with a man using the same bathroom as your granddaughters, that is your right. I dont, and I doubt if the majority of Americans agree with you.
Somehow I don't doubt this. It also doesn't mean it's correct.

I truly didnt know Pence had anything to do with the bathroom bill, it really is the only line I draw. [/post]

It's not just offensive because of LBGT you know. This law breaks the very foundation of our constitution being a lawful Union of Church and State.

I am not assuming a gay person would assault my granddaughters. I have Gay people in my own family for gods sake. But, it is my responsibility to teach my children the boundaries that I believe are acceptable. Maybe when my generation dies off you can have a single bathroom. Until then, it isnt going to happen.

Oh, so what Men were you implying were going to enter the Womans room? Straight men? To be frank, Gay men do not wish to enter the womans room either. Who said anything about a single bathroom? This isn't to 'liberalize' bathrooms to a single unit. It's bizarre you even mention that.

What really makes me sad about your 'position' is how much power it takes away from Trans peoples opinions of who should be in what room. I've found they independently make the better choice more often. I'm at an odd stage myself, where I use both, depending how comfortable I am one way or the other. The fact is I would never touch a child, or even another person personally in a restroom, guess what, that's always been illegal and has never changed, and never will change.
edit on 10-11-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Sigh.

I said "most...apparently" in terms of trans. I will stick to most young (born) males having varying degrees of various perversions they have to try to tame.

Most trans are male to female. No?

Trans people were using the same bathrooms this whole time, there's been no stories about upticks in sexual assaults or incidents of nonsense occurring.

You're twisting my words again.

While admitting they already had the restrooms in many cases.

I'm NOT talking about trans kids going on rape sprees. I'm talking about sexually demented males in general having the trans excuse as a vehicle to get into the safe space of the girls.

While before the Obama edict sexual assaults and consensual sex in schools was already a serious issue.
edit on 10-11-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Throes

Planned parenthood is a non profit organization, comprised of about 150 different organizations all accross the country who receive about 500 million a year in reimbursements for medicaid, which would come for the Fed Gov.

The rest is privately funded. No federal money is used for abortions, just health services for women mostly like birth control, mammograms cervical cancer screenings etc.

The Gov has little to do with it.

~Tenth

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

It is fake because he was asking them to decorate the cake in a very specific way that was offensive to them. That is not the same as asking for a generic cake that anyone else would order. There is nothing in non-discrimination laws that state you have to decorate a cake in a way that is offensive to you. No one is required to put penises on cakes, or put personally offensive statements on cakes, etc.

The issue with the Christian bakers is that they refused to bake a generic wedding cake for a gay couple, one that they would be happy to bake and decorate for a straight couple.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:53 AM
link   

I'm NOT talking about trans kids going on rape sprees. I'm talking about sexually demented males in general having the trans excuse as a vehicle to get into the safe space of the girls.

Please show me where this has happened, in areas where trans bathroom laws have been put in place?

That's what I'm saying is that it doesn't happen and even if it did, it would not be a great enough risk to warrant preventing ALL trans people from living their lives, while not bothering other people.

There's no proof that what you're saying has or will happen because of this, it's a misplaced fear that isn't based in facts.

It's a 'belief' couched in non facts, because as you admitted earlier, you think ' most trans people have some kind of perversion' that leads to them to that path'.

You can't say one thing and mean another.

~Tenth

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Isn't 'cakegate' the same as going into a vegetarian resaurant and demanding a nice bloody steak be served?

If it's against the principle of the individual store owner, ought not that store owner be able to exercise their right to not serve a bloody steak if they are against eating animals?

Same thing really.

My take is, the business can serve what product they like, and refuse to serve any product they don't like...what if it wasn't a gay issue with the cake, but instead someone walked into a Jewish cake shop and demanded a wedding cake be made with layers of bacon and chunks of ham between the layers?

I doubt that would have been made for them either.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

It hasn't even had a year.

And I dont need to because we have years of the sex / assault in schools before the edict.

The slippery slope of the restroom floor.

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Mixing kids in restrooms is loaded with potential problems. Problems that have already existed before it. It will make them worse. WHAT CAN GO WRONG WILL GO WRONG.

Here's some other examples of the things that happen even when the kids / adults aren't supposed to be in the others rooms:

15-year-old girl caught having sex with 25 boys in a school restroom

Teens Face Rape Charges After Sex In School Bathroom

The parents of a 16-year-old Atlanta student said they want answers from school officials on how their son was raped by another student during the school day.

Student charged with raping another student in high school bathroom

Girl says she was raped in school bathroom

Police investigate ‘gang rape’ in TX middle school bathroom

Man on trial charged with rape in high school bathroom

Girl used as 'bait' raped in school bathroom
Special needs student, 14, ‘raped in Alabama school bathroom after teacher told her to act as bait in bid to catch sexual predator’

11-year-old Wicker elementary student says she was raped in school bathroom

A Rape Survivor Speaks Out About Transgender Bathrooms
There’s no way to make everyone happy about transgender bathrooms and locker rooms. So the priority ought to be finding a way to keep everyone safe. ...
Victimizers Use Any Opening They Can Find ...
There are countless deviant men in this world who will pretend to be transgender as a means of gaining access to the people they want to exploit.

Former Student Charged with Rape in School Restroom

13-year-old boy accused of assaulting girl in Pioneer Middle School restroom

Teen Charged For Raping Special Ed Student At Roosevelt High School

Bucks County Teen With Knife Tries to Sexually Assault Classmate in School Restroom

Any no more doubts that kids can and DO already get raped in school restrooms (pre-Obama's Edict)?

Again, the whole argument is about ANY boys using the claim of being "trans" to be sickos.

And Obama's edict is written exactly the way that they can (they dont even have to dress or act like girls).
edit on 10-11-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

I'd say Pence's own state of Indiana is a good example of why we need Planned Parenthood. After a large number of locations were forced to close down they experienced one of the worst HIV outbreaks in the nation's history.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

Planned parenthood is a non profit organization, comprised of about 150 different organizations all accross the country who receive about 500 million a year in reimbursements for medicaid, which would come for the Fed Gov.

The rest is privately funded. No federal money is used for abortions, just health services for women mostly like birth control, mammograms cervical cancer screenings etc.

The Gov has little to do with it.

~Tenth

So what they want to do since tax payer money pays for medicaid, is remove the reimbursements, in essence, not giving Planned Parenthood $500 million of taxpayer funds?

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Two little words that solve the entire argument...

Bathroom attendant.

Is this beyond the wit of 21st century Humanity?

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

No, no, no. If you sell white wedding cakes, then you sell white wedding cakes. If someone comes in and orders a white wedding cake, what should you do if you sell white wedding cakes?

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   

A bacon laced wedding cake can be any colour, including white.

edit on 10 11 2016 by MysterX because: too many ooooo's

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

it's like they expect a squad of brownshirts from a bad remake of The Wall to go marching down the street rounding them up for prison.

Thats silly he doesn't want to round them up he wants to KILL THEM ALL!!!!!!

Look here most people don't see it and they actually think the map listed below is about how many states /counties Trump won in red. The truth is , those red statescounties represents the BLOOD of the LBGTQ , minorities, and illegals that Trump wants to kill. Its BLOOD MAN , BLOOD I tell you!!!!

Also people don't get that prior to Trump becoming POTUS the Gov't was perfect ,respectful, and caring to the world. Its only now that we got a lying,uncaring POTUS. Prior to Trump all our POTUS have been kind,sincere,honest, caring people, that only cared about doing the right thing for the right reasons not for money or hidden agendas.

edit on 041130America/ChicagoThu, 10 Nov 2016 07:04:31 -0600000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

You know the sarcasm filter for many members is almost (almost) non-existent?

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Yes there is sexual assault among teenagers, it's true and terrible.

But letting Trans people use the bathrooms they want will not increase this risk significantly, and suggestions otherwise lack the data to prove it.

~Tenth

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX

A bacon laced wedding cake can be any colour, including white.

Stop being obtuse. We are talking about wedding cakes made with the EXACT same ingredients. There is no such thing as "gay" flour or "gay" sugar or "gay" butter or "gay" eggs.

link   
a reply to: MysterX

So now we need to pay for an attendant in every restroom in every school? Whos going to pay for it? The teachers dont get paid enough as it is.

There needs to be some kind of screening for this tiny percent of the population that surely not all of them even want to go in there and paint a bullseye on their back (kids pick on each other, this just reality, even girls do it).

link   

So what they want to do since tax payer money pays for medicaid, is remove the reimbursements, in essence, not giving Planned Parenthood $500 million of taxpayer funds?

Yes.

Which is the same exact thing as when your medicaid pays the pharmacy for birth control or for prescription drugs or a leg brace.

~tENTH

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
There is no such thing as ..."gay" eggs.

You haven't met my araucanas. They lay pastel eggs.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join