It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am genuinely concerned about the LGBTQ people, and what they will be facing in a Trump Presidency

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: imjack

For me its not to paint them as perverts, its to underscore the fact that Obama's edict is written that any kid can claim being whatever as a means to be perverts / rapists. And when it comes to 'males', sorry but I have a very hard time believing that perversions aren't a major role in many of the "trans" people. We humans are a bunch of sickos as a species, especially the visually oriented males (meaning all of us) of our lot.

The part that it MUST apply to ALL schools of every grade is what really sets it off.

I offered a solution in my slippery slope thread: figure out a screening measure involving if they have the typical male visual obsessions involving perversions. It should serve the dual role of testing if they really are cognitively different at that.

edit on 10-11-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: misskat1
a reply to: eNumbra
Could you clarify that for me? How am I dismissing their concern? Im trying to understand it.
Sorry wasn't directed at you, but a general reply to others in this thread and any that dismiss this thread because "Trump said he had gay friends".
edit on 11/10/2016 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Just tell them they can relax a little bit more, because they can go to one of their nightclubs without having to worry about getting gunned down by a religiously radical refugee , which clinton would have no doubt opened the doors wide open too.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

[For me its not to paint them as perverts, its to underscore the fact that Oabama's edict is written that any kid can claim being whatever as a means to be perverts / rapists.

No, but you are painting them as perverts. You're simply dodging the actual out right claim, see I'll prove it, cause below you said:

Sorry but I hvave a very hard time believing that perversions aren't a major role in many of the "trans" people.

So on one hand you say, it's not to paint them as perverts, but I"m pretty sure that most of them suffer from 'perversions'..

You can stop dancing around the issue and just be honest with yourself, at the very least, if you are going to make declarative statements about whole swaths of people in the world, have the decency to be honest out about your views and feelings.

~Tenth

link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
And when it comes to 'males', sorry but I hvave a very hard time believing that perversions aren't a major role in many of the "trans" people. We humans are a bunch of sickos as a species, especially the visually oriented males of our lot.

Whatever. After 6 months of the drugs, most don't even continue to Masturbate. You can find it hard to believe all you want, acceptance is what separates a biggot.

It's very clear the bias in these laws are over perversion, but what is perverted is how these conservatives can actually treat the Trans community this way with no evidence of this bullsh!t even ever happening.

It would be different if there was mass pedophile attacks, and they were dressed as women, but this in itself doesn't fcking happen no matter how "easily" you can visualize it.

IMO the people that say it's super easy to visualize are more perverted than the people they're 'talking about'. It implies you constantly think about sex.

link   
a reply to: rexsblues

Amen.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:33 AM
link   
For one thing, Trump has stated during his campaign that he wanted the gay marriage issue to go back to the states.
This puts us back where we were, with certain (i.e. Southern, mini-theocracy) states banning gay marriage. This could happen if he puts ultra conservatives on the Supreme Court, as he has promised to do.

For another, we all know that Trump was backed big time by the evangelicals. We all know how the evangelicals think of the LGBT community. There is fear that he will continue to placate his base by backing other legislation against the LGBT community.

For the record, I am not a member of the LGBT community, but I am a strong ally.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Fake.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: imjack

I dont even know how to respond to that rant. And as far as a solution, if you look and act like a man use the mens room, if you look and act like a women, use the womens restroom. And build another bathroom for the none of the aboves. Easy.

I never said anything about killing anyone. And if you feel comfortable with a man using the same bathroom as your granddaughters, that is your right. I dont, and I doubt if the majority of Americans agree with you. I truly didnt know Pence had anything to do with the bathroom bill, it really is the only line I draw.

I am not assuming a gay person would assault my granddaughters. I have Gay people in my own family for gods sake. But, it is my responsibility to teach my children the boundaries that I believe are acceptable. Maybe when my generation dies off you can have a single bathroom. Until then, it isnt going to happen.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

"To paint them as" implies its ALL of them.

I don't.

Yet like most stereotypes in general, there's often a lot of truth to them. Especially with males having an obscene (visually oriented) sex drive (teens ESPECIALLY).

The fact most trans people apparently feel compelled to dress like girls proves the point: the way girls dress isn't genetic. Its learned gender roles.

Teens males tend to be 'perverts', and the part where there's like 4x as many males trans are there are female (naturally born I'm speaking to) is not to be ignored.

Is all an underlying issue, yet the deal breaker with all of this is it can easily be a vehicle for the true demented sickos out there to perpetrate their sicknesses. To enable kids that are naturally inclined to become serial rapist, to to ensure the highest outcomes that they will (and dont twist my words I'm not even talking about trans kids with this point).

edit on 10-11-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

link   
I think the issue isn't so much Trump himself as his Vice President Pence. This is a man who wants to defund Planned Parenthood and use the money to fund the ineffective and harmful conversion therapy. Not to mention his desire to pass an amendment banning gay marriage. Among other things. He HD a long history of being anti-LGBTQ and having him one step from the presidency and always in the ear of Trump is rightfully concerning for some people.

link   
Trump wont persecute LGBTQ people, he himself has a lot of rich friends who are gay..

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:39 AM
link   

The only line I draw, is on the bathroom issue.

If it walks like a Man, talks like a Man, and was born with the genital equipment of a man - It's probably a Man.

It doesn't matter how much surgery it's had, or even if everybody now calls it Caitlyn, it's still a Man.

Stay the #### out my daughters bathroom.

edit on 10-11-2016 by Now2016 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: misskat1
I think a lot of people don't understand how life is in construction work,pictures they depict on TV of workers wearing hard hats,safety equipment,people smiling,when in reality for the most part quite the opposite,people are far from being politically correct,yelling cussing,throwing things,but at the end of the day you'd swear everyone is an enemy,when work ceased they all sat around joking and having a beer together,I started out in the corporate world,I found that the true honest people were the ones who performed the work,so don't be quick to judge a man on his way of thought,you don't need to patronize someone to show you care about them,kind of like me,people say when they first meet me they are scared of me,but when they got to know me I'm actually a nice person,I am a realist

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: misskat1
I think a lot of people don't understand how life is in construction work,pictures they depict on TV of workers wearing hard hats,safety equipment,people smiling,when in reality for the most part quite the opposite,people are far from being politically correct,yelling cussing,throwing things,but at the end of the day you'd swear everyone is an enemy,when work ceased they all sat around joking and having a beer together,I started out in the corporate world,I found that the true honest people were the ones who performed the work,so don't be quick to judge a man on his way of thought,you don't need to patronize someone to show you care about them,kind of like me,people say when they first meet me they are scared of me,but when they got to know me I'm actually a nice person,I am a realist

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:43 AM
link   

I don't.

You said most. That's most, as in more than 50%.

The fact most trans people apparently feel compelled to dress like girls proves the point: the way girls dress isn't genetic. Its learned gender roles.

So all trans people are male to female in your mind?

Teens males tend to be 'perverts', and the part where there's like 4x as many males trans are there are female (naturally born I'm speaking to) is not to be ignored.

No, they aren't perverts, they are going through puberty. You speak as if teenagers, all of them are just all waiting to assault or otherwise act inappropriately around women or whom ever. The rates of sexual assault among teens is actually VERY low and that's nothing to do with people hiding from those experiences.

Is all an underlying issue, yet the deal breaker with all of this is it can easily be a vehicle for the true demented sickos out there to perpetrate their sicknesses.

There's no evidence of this though. Trans people were using the same bathrooms this whole time, there's been no stories about upticks in sexual assaults or incidents of nonsense occurring. The only ones that have occurred are when somebody made a big deal about it - and it was usually because some person got upset at the Trans person for just living their lives.

You 'believe' something to be true, and then via confirmation bias, attempt to find facts to fit that narrative you've build for yourself. But the facts don't actually match up, and this misplaced emotion of fear for the children and fear for the rise of sexual assaults etc, do not actually have a place in the argument.

It's all a logical fallacy. An appeal to emotion or a black and white fallacy, pick one of the many as they all apply to these nonsensical arguments against Trans folk.

~Tenth

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:43 AM
link   
One word: Milo.

Come on, Trump is from NYC, he's not going to be truly regressive on anything. And half of the GOP thinks Ryan is a RINO. All that whining is just left-over butt hurt from losing and snowflake angst.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
This is a man who wants to defund Planned Parenthood...

In all truth I'm not sure how you explain funding them anyway.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

You actually believe that one couldn't possibly walk into a bunch of bakeries owned by Muslim fundamentalists, and not find any that would refuse to do the gay cake?

I just cant understand the double-think extremism on the left when it comes to these angles. It's mind blowing.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: kaylaluv

You actually believe that one couldn't possibly walk into a bunch of bakeries owned by Muslim fundamentalists, and not find any that would refuse to do the gay cake?

I just cant understand the double-think extremism on the left when it comes to these angles. It's mind blowing.

That whole thing was stupid, of course they were going to refuse to bake a gay wedding cake.

That's just liberals being idiots for the sake of clicks on the internet. More misplaced emotions of being entitled and un-compromising.

It happens on both sides. It's still hyperbole though as no normal person would make that request of that kind of business.

~Tenth

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join