It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am genuinely concerned about the LGBTQ people, and what they will be facing in a Trump Presidency

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Its terrible to discriminate against someone with a disability. Im thankful that the law helps prevent it, or i'd end up in jail snapping on someone. I couldn't have lived in pre-civil rights era America.

So many people think its automatic to take care of and accommodate the disabled.

Unfortunately, the opposite is true in everyday life. Most just want you to get out of their way.

We were kicked out of a restaurant, literally asked to leave - - - disabled mom, 3 kids about age 9. 8. 3 - - - because another customer felt uncomfortable.

This is exactly how LGBT are treated, by some, in areas that do not have anti-discrimination laws. Fortunately, many have evolved in acceptance and understanding and fight for their Equality.

Anti-discrimination has to be forced. Sadly.

(
- - In case you wondered why I am so passionate about Equal Rights/Equal Treatment)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I do agree with all the "Concerns" of the OP and you in this mater, but let those just be concerns not fears.
Fear can freeze the mind and depress so much you are not able to do anything, so take a breath and wait.

If things are not right you will have not only the Dems on your side but most Moderates and others to call for a change
in any type of statute that is unfair.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Haven't seen that before.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

(
- - In case you wondered why I am so passionate about Equal Rights/Equal Treatment)

thanks for that. It helps to understand your position a bit.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: misskat1

I am bi.

Forget the marriage thing. Why am I afraid? One acronym: FADA. It legalizes discrimination against me based upon religious beliefs.

As for why I'm afraid even more, he's got Pence as a VP and people like Sarah Palin coming in as cabinet members. The thing is? He is delivering the Religious Right their glorious utopia, and people like me are frequently attacked and discriminated against in those places in the country that run like that.

I am afraid because I would like to be able to do simply things like have a job and buy groceries, but I have to legitimately worry about that now.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hermit777

I do agree with all the "Concerns" of the OP and you in this mater, but let those just be concerns not fears.
Fear can freeze the mind and depress so much you are not able to do anything, so take a breath and wait.

If things are not right you will have not only the Dems on your side but most Moderates and others to call for a change
in any type of statute that is unfair.

I'm personally good. Live near the beach not too far from Hollywood, CA.

Very little in the way of discrimination in my area.

I always say, "I am so thankful I was raised in Southern CA - - - I don't have to unlearn anything".

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Until we can get past what defines gender, its a moot point.

I, personally, believe our chromosomes pretty much lay it out there. Scientifically, your gender is determined by X and Y.

That is not what science is saying.

I feel sad that you're still holding on to that antiquated thinking.

Brian Brown & NOM are already gearing up.

Science says exactly that. You determine gender via chromosomes. Its just the way it is.

Its not antiquated. Its the facts. XX is woman. Denying this is why this whole conversation is so effed up to begin with. Instead of just saying, "Hey, i am free to do what i want, if you don't like it don't look" people have gone trying to shoehorn it into science.

Psychology is not science. I have respect for psychology...but it isn't science. Even though it may seem such often.

If you are going to deny that XX/XY determines gender, ill need to see what you're basing this on.

ACtually There is another factor under chrosomal i recently learned. Its why soem people have the wrong chromosomes for their outward appeareance. SO no its not always the case.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Don't be.
This is about the rule of law,
not a "witch hunt" or persecution...
Except for HRC that is.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnIntellectualRedneck

I am bi.

Forget the marriage thing. Why am I afraid? One acronym: FADA. It legalizes discrimination against me based upon religious beliefs.

As for why I'm afraid even more, he's got Pence as a VP and people like Sarah Palin coming in as cabinet members. The thing is? He is delivering the Religious Right their glorious utopia, and people like me are frequently attacked and discriminated against in those places in the country that run like that.

I am afraid because I would like to be able to do simply things like have a job and buy groceries, but I have to legitimately worry about that now.

Yes, Dominionism. A very real concern.

> Active Theocrats: The New Apostolic Reformation and The Seven Mountain Domionists: www.abovetopsecret.com...
> How the N.W.O. Scientific Theocracy will be Implemented in the US (Ron Paul): www.abovetopsecret.com...
> Active Theocrats: The New Apostolic Reformation and The Seven Mountain Domionists: Active Theocrats: www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 10-11-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Are you not aware of Mike Pence and his stance on the LGBTQ community? It's only a google search away. Plus, GOP controlled gov't will never mean gays get rights. It clearly means gays lose rights, and worse.
edit on 10-11-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

link, please?

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   

link, please?

Sex not so simple

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Are you not aware of Mike Pence and his stance on the LGBTQ community? It's only a google search away. Plus, GOP controlled gov't will never mean gays get rights. It clearly means gays lose rights, and worse.

GAys/lgbtq, have the same rights you do already. You mean Giving us more rights than a straight person.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

link, please?

Sex not so simple

This was very important

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   

just realize you will have defenders from what you think are strange quarters too.

and that article that YUPPA just linked to is important.

Never understood why it was not LGBHTQ

edit on 10-11-2016 by Hermit777 because: typo

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 11:13 PM
link   
victim mentality

all that it is

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hermit777

just realize you will have defenders from what you think are strange quarters too.

and that article that YUPPA just linked to is important.

Never understood why it was not LGBHTQ

Very good article.

I like how they explained it.

SM2

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   
so, i just have to ask. What rights specifically are the LGBTQ community lobbying for? what is not equal, marriage notwithstanding ? Personally I do not give a rats butt who can marry who, i think the government should be out of it entirely, but what other rights do you feel are not equal?

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

I swear Pence is an insurance policy for Trump. Kill me? Look who's on deck..

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join