It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My personal experiences with the UFO phenomenon.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: frenchfries

If you say there are 19 notebooks( cahiers) with data that you've written/draw as a child then that's obviously a potential treasure trove on the UFO subject.
Please post here a link to the scans of all the pages of these 19 notebooks so everyone can see with their own eyes and arrive at their own conclusion.

Best way is to scan the pages, then use a batch conversion program to convert the large size scans to jpg/PNG/etc then archive all the scans and put it up as a torrent. As soon as you provide a torrent link in sure people on ATS will seed it fast.
edit on 5-7-2016 by IVANV because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

And from that you conclude all skeptics are wrong and UFOs are real.

I saw a huge glowing craft, in broad daylight. It made no noise and was traveling at a high rate of speed. It was about 1/4 - 1/3 mile away and perhaps 1000-2000 feet in altitude..

I won't conclude that skeptic are wrong, I know they're wrong. Some day, you'll know too. Peace.

Edit: At 2:48 on this video is what I witnessed in 1981, only there was a single craft, not two of them:

UFO
edit on 10 27 2013 by donktheclown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: IVANV

Best way is to scan the pages, then use a batch conversion program to convert the large size scans to jpg/PNG/etc then archive all the scans and put it up as a torrent. As soon as you provide a torrent link in sure people on ATS will seed it fast.

I use torrent a lot should be easy , If I'll do that keep in mind it are just child drawings... but in the past I thought they were more than that.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Please do post them. So how many pages per each of the 19 notebooks? How soon can you have them scanned and uploaded?

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: IVANV

143 pages. But some are not readable (just text numbers doodlings) and even private stuff (explicite).
Think takes me a week or so , I'll post when ready.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Does the private stuff involve aliens? If so then I'd scan that too... It's not like anyone knows who you are...like anyone on here has a picture of your face or full address.

143 pages divided by 19 notebooks.... 7 and a half page per notebook ?
edit on 5-7-2016 by IVANV because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: donktheclown
It was about 1/4 - 1/3 mile away and perhaps 1000-2000 feet in altitude..
The only way you can determine the distance and speed of an object in the distance with no further reference is if it's an identified, known object.

If the object is unidentified, it's not possible to make such a determination of the distance and speed. That doesn't stop people from trying, but they are usually wrong. The best known examples of this are meteor sightings where people usually think the object came down just over the next hill when it actually came down hundreds of kilometers away, but for other objects witnesses have overestimated the distance, as with this object for example which was described as being the size of a football field by people seeing it who didn't know what it was:

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

Oh snap, I must be wrong then, thanks.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: donktheclown

it must be so refreshing to have seen something unexplainable and not care what others thought about it, theres no need for doubters to get you down, cause you know what you seen! i once saw a meteor when i was with a group of friends and i will never forget that night..... but we knew it was a meteor. it was even in the paper the next day. i sometimes look for satellites in the night sky and i know they're satellites, also seen a few lantern's that had me confused for about 2 mins till i figured they were lantern's. But if i were to ever seen a bonafide UFO i would know it was a UFO, just like im sure you know that you seen a UFO.

edit on 5-7-2016 by Davg80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur

The only way you can determine the distance and speed of an object in the distance with no further reference is if it's an identified, known object.

If the object is unidentified, it's not possible to make such a determination of the distance and speed. That doesn't stop people from trying, but they are usually wrong. The best known examples of this are meteor sightings where people usually think the object came down just over the next hill when it actually came down hundreds of kilometers away, but for other objects witnesses have overestimated the distance, as with this object for example which was described as being the size of a football field by people seeing it who didn't know what it was:

Nonsense... Anyone with 2 working eyes can estimate the distance and size of an object.
It's called stereoscopic vision. You should try it sometimes.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: IVANV

Nonsense... Anyone with 2 working eyes can estimate the distance and size of an object.

I agree to this, and not all sightings are just a light in the night sky.
out of the several sightings I have had, three of these were most defiantly easy to gain a decent idea of size and distance, not to mention speed and shape.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: kangawoo

I know... It's called depth of field.. Something dog's for example are very bad at (they can't tell how high of the ground they are), and something we're quite good at being top of the food chain and the best hunters to ever walk this planet.. Errr.. Except the Predator..I guess.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   

That only works to maybe about 60 feet away for a person with typical vision, and at most 100 feet for someone with exceptional vision, so if the UFO was less than 60 feet away then it might be worth taking into consideration, but of course they are almost never that close.

edit on 201675 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

so if the UFO was less than 60 feet away then it might be worth taking into consideration, but of course they are almost never that close.

I guess it would be 80meter or so...

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Davg80

Thank Davg,

I've seen / experienced the damnedest things that compel me to believe that this reality is NOT real. Keep your eyes and mind open, pal.
You won't believe what we've been programmed to overlook, or dismiss.

The person who commented about my ability to judge distance would probably have felt better if I had instead mentioned that I could have hit the thing with a .22 caliber long rifle. It was close, whatever the altitude and distance.
Peace, Bro.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   

That only works to maybe about 60 feet away for a person with typical vision, and at most 100 feet for someone with exceptional vision, so if the UFO was less than 60 feet away then it might be worth taking into consideration, but of course they are almost never that close.

I dint find this statement as being correct. Maybe if you want cm precision, otherwise I can estimate, like I'm sure everyone else can do in suspicious of your intention, object to far greater distances.
As an example. If a 100m sphere is 2km away, then I'll look at it and say it was quite big.. Between 50m and 2-250m and a few km away 2-3-4-5... I'm not gonna say yes it was a1km diameter sphere about 100m away. Like I said I'd you expect cm or m precision, no, but anything with reasonable margin is easy.
Here's why: it brains build a database of objects, perfectly identical objects, at multiple distance throughout our lives.
We see a car at 1m, 100m, 1km, 2km.... We see a 10 story block of flat again at all the increments, we see container ships again at various distances,... All these objects are focused upon with our eyes at all these distances so again the database contains the depth level for each object at reach size PLUS each object has details like handled, Windows, paint markings, cables, etc which based on distance we will see very clearly, not clearly, not at all.. Again these details tell us how far away the object is.
Now I'm not saying anything has in their brain the dimensions of the door handle on a UFO and stuff like that.. It's the other side of the method. Once you focus your eyes on a UFO, based on the previous knowledge gained in life about focusing on objects you will know about how far and big it is at that focus level.. And here comes into effect the landscape.. Even if you don't have anything close to the UFO, say it's 45 degrees or more up into the sky, so it's surrounded by nothing but empty sky, because a few seconds, and minutes probably, previously you were just doing what normal human task you were doing, like admiring the trees, birds, people, city, or just reading a sign a few m away... WHEN you break away from whatever you were looking at an direct your attention towards the UFO , then there's a difference in focus, 1-2-3 seconds up to ...minutes back for all your surroundings, and your brain knows... Hmm I was focusing on this dog 20m away 1 second ago now I'm focusing on this UFO 1-2km away which appears to be about the same distance and size as them blocks of flats 2km away downtown I was focusing on 5 minutes ago.

Well anyway that's how it works for me... I'm not done cheap 3d camera on the back of a phone relying on 1gb of RAM and crappy software, I'm a a human with 3d eyesight evolved while hunting for eons.

but of course they are almost never that close.
Now this statement is totally unbackable unless you're god(atheist here BTW) and you've been present to all UFO sightings, 1st to 5th kind and can give a % breakdown of each based on UFO to observer distance.
But of course you can't.
As far as I've read there there lots of cases with UFOs just above/sideways of houses, cars, plus the cases with physical human contact on the UFO surface, plus landings in forests where people just stubble upon them at 20m out so. The list goes on.
edit on 6-7-2016 by IVANV because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   

a reply to: Davg80

Thank Davg,

I've seen / experienced the damnedest things that compel me to believe that this reality is NOT real.

Like what?

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I believe people are abducted too, and experimented on. However I do not believe that aliens are the culprits.

The perpetrators are human. With possibly advanced technology or using advanced knowledge of psychology/magicians tricks, etc. They let you see them as aliens, they let you see ufo's. They come as guardian angels, demons, god, the devil, etc. Sometimes this is your own doing, your own choosing... like you choose to see what you want to see.

I don't know why this is so hard for people to consider.

PS: The OP was so interesting for me to read, btw. You're an interesting person OP. I've noticed you in other threads... and that's the only reason why I am commenting now. I like you and I wish you well. Thank you for sharing your experiences here.
edit on 6-7-2016 by geezlouise because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   

I dint find this statement as being correct.
Here you go, this of course applies to people with excellent vision as I said, but most people do not have such excellent vision, so it's a bit less than this for the typical person:

Human Stereo Vision

In stereo photogrammetry and in certain kinds of range finders it is common to create stereo images which have an effective eye separation much larger than any actual eye separation. The reason for this is obvious; human eyes are only placed approximately 6.3 cm apart, which means that stereo information is only a useful depth cue up to 30 meters or so.

Now this statement is totally unbackable unless you're god (atheist here BTW) and you've been present to all UFO sightings
I've read thousands of case files and I can't remember many saying they were closer than that. An exception might be Jim Penniston who claims he walked around a "UFO" and touched it but in his written statement and the office he radioed to both report he never got any closer than 50 meters away so he was either lying when he said he never got closer than 50 meters or when he said he touched it, since I know his arms aren't longer than 50 meters. So I stick by my statement based on the thousands of UFO files I've read.

Nothing in the OP leads me to believe it was closer than 30 meters either.

By the way if binocular vision really helped so much, why were witnesses saying that ~1m wide "UFO" I posted earlier was about 100m wide? And it was only about 100-200m high, but they thought it was a huge mothership much higher than that. So their binocular vision certainly didn't help them as we expect it wouldn't since it was over 30 meters away.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   

I dint find this statement as being correct.
Here you go, this of course applies to people with excellent vision as I said, but most people do not have such excellent vision, so it's a bit less than this for the typical person:

Human Stereo Vision

In stereo photogrammetry and in certain kinds of range finders it is common to create stereo images which have an effective eye separation much larger than any actual eye separation. The reason for this is obvious; human eyes are only placed approximately 6.3 cm apart, which means that stereo information is only a useful depth cue up to 30 meters or so.

Now this statement is totally unbackable unless you're god (atheist here BTW) and you've been present to all UFO sightings
I've read thousands of case files and I can't remember many saying they were closer than that. An exception might be Jim Penniston who claims he walked around a "UFO" and touched it but in his written statement and the office he radioed to both report he never got any closer than 50 meters away so he was either lying when he said he never got closer than 50 meters or when he said he touched it, since I know his arms aren't longer than 50 meters. So I stick by my statement based on the thousands of UFO files I've read.

Nothing in the OP leads me to believe it was closer than 30 meters either.

By the way if binocular vision really helped so much, why were witnesses saying that ~1m wide "UFO" I posted earlier was about 100m wide? And it was only about 100-200m high, but they thought it was a huge mothership much higher than that. So their binocular vision certainly didn't help them as we expect it wouldn't since it was over 30 meters away.

So it's 60 feet then it's 30m... Hogwash.
I didn't even click on that link. It's of no importance when my own eyes can confirm what I'm saying.
The whole 6.3cm and 30m thingy is part of the equation.
Like ice said:
- focus.
When eyes focus, as. In. The. Object. Is. Sharp.... Then.... you know you're looking at it exactly, then you know based on is features which may or may not be visible/distinguishable, that the object is at x/y/z distance.
Are you telling me if a bicycle was magically levitating 2 km in the sky, I couldn't tell if it's more than 30m away or more than 100m or less than 50km ? Really ?
I could tell you with +-500m for such a tiny object. Cause of the fine detail on it like spokes not being visible at all at 2km, but being slightly visible at 200m.
Anyway long story short it's about eyes focusing and from previous experience with focus/details/contour the brain extrapolates the distance and size.

Also ... It's impossible you've read 1000s of cases unless it was some fake collection of barren cases thrown your way to waste your time.
Otherwise there's no chance in hell that you would have come to the logical conclusion that there's nothing there. Nonsense. My bet is on "you've read nothing" .
Don't insult people's intelligence with such statements.... Read thousands... and I'm a skeptic.
Totally impossible. You've probably read about 10-20 cases, written by other skeptics which also read from other skeptics.... a chain of swamp gas and weather balloon stories.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join