It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My personal experiences with the UFO phenomenon.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: frenchfries

yeah, thats cool mate. i was just asking because i have memories from my childhood that stick in my head that i can relate to some Alien theories, for instance, i always remembered one scene in a film that stuck in my head so much that i thought that there must be more to it, it was basically a scene that was about not going into the light because it was bad, and this movie scene fits perfectly with the gnostic theory on Archons, there are other instances where things have stuck in my mind when they have no need to, and i wonder if my unconscious is trying to tell me something sometimes.
Sometimes the younger we are the more we see, if you know what i mean. We are not fully conditioned into a capitalist society i suppose.
I was just thinking that there may be more to your drawings that maybe you cant see just yet, and possibly someone else can, there are as much knowledgeable people on this site as there are not so knowledgeable people.
Cheers

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Davg80
a reply to: frenchfries

yeah, thats cool mate. i was just asking because i have memories from my childhood that stick in my head that i can relate to some Alien theories, for instance, i always remembered one scene in a film that stuck in my head so much that i thought that there must be more to it, it was basically a scene that was about not going into the light because it was bad, and this movie scene fits perfectly with the gnostic theory on Archons, there are other instances where things have stuck in my mind when they have no need to, and i wonder if my unconscious is trying to tell me something sometimes.
Sometimes the younger we are the more we see, if you know what i mean. We are not fully conditioned into a capitalist society i suppose.
I was just thinking that there may be more to your drawings that maybe you cant see just yet, and possibly someone else can, there are as much knowledgeable people on this site as there are not so knowledgeable people.
Cheers

// not facts but feelings.

I 'know' exactly what you mean The very word Archon brings very bad associations. Somehow I feel like the light/color on this earth isn't as it supposed to be. Some kind of veil for me difficult to understand and sometimes Dark is just light at a much higher frequency. The things precieved as a child are very special and no capitalist society can take them away.. ever.

Thanks !

edit on 742016 by frenchfries because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Thats for sure. And its always the same 2 people that start it on these threads.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

So far so good. My experience occurred a long time ago, back in the late 70s'. Back then you didn't talk much about these things. I lost good friends behind it. We broke up and went our separate ways because I wanted to talk about what we saw, others that were with me, didn't.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Interesting, just a dot in the sky making unusual maneuvers pointed by a father to an eight year old turns over the boy’s life. Or does it? Sometimes I wonder whether skepticism is something innate, something one’s born with. All my life was decorated with strange, apparently unexplainable experiences and I still remain skeptical about all of them. Was I questioning less, now I could be a typical alien abductee. My very first memory in life was about flying over the city in a craft together with a group of kids and I was not asleep. That was only the beginning. Now I feel so grateful for I never fell in this trap. Everything can be explained rationally, just one have to be brave enough to accept the challenge and ask the right questions. But it might be a matter of personal choice too, which is okay.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: stiver

everything can be explained rationally only if you are an omniscient being.
which none of us humans are!

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Davg80

Probably this is why we cannot explain everything yet. It doesn't mean there is no rational explanation or that we shouldn't try at least. I guess here is where a definition of rational is needed.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Amen Bro, that's when we get to remember the good stuff.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: stiver

" Everything can be explained rationally, "

Ratio means reason and reasoning is based on information , information is based on our senses our senses are not perfect so how could our reasoning be ?
I also try to not fall into that trap but some events just defy rational explanations. As you said just a matter of choice...

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: donktheclown

Amen Bro, that's when we get to remember the good stuff.

See ya there. We can laugh about it.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Hmm. Okay. So when you were 8 years old your father had you wave to a dot in the sky that "took off at high speed" and he told you it was an airplane from another world. That's what you might call "leading the witness, in this case an impressionable 8 year old. After that you grew interested in the field. And you drew some stuff that you "later found on the Internet."

But the bottom line here is that you saw a dot in the sky at 8 years old and your father implanted all the rest from his own beliefs. You saw what Hynek calls a "nocturnal light," the lowest form of a sighting that it is possible to have. And from that you conclude all skeptics are wrong and UFOs are real.

That's pretty slim pickens. Not particularly compelling.
edit on 7/4/2016 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

ahh the crusher of dreams and wonderment appears, i think the amazing thing he seen was when it flew away at a very high speed. I am jealous that i have never witnessed anything like that, but i wouldn't trample all over someone's memories in a bid to discredit them, i like to give people the benefit of the doubt. All i ever see on this site from you is a guy that jumps into these threads with the same argument, which is piss easy. Thank God everyone isn't like you or we would be still living in caves wandering why that big gold thing in the sky turned white when lights went out.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Davg80
i wouldn't trample all over someone's memories in a bid to discredit them
frenchfries says he saw a dot in the sky, schuyler acknowledges that, so how is that discrediting his memories? It's not.

What he's doing is questioning the conclusions drawn from those memories, like "I saw dot in the sky and I don't know what it was therefore I know what it was...there is still the gist and essence of that one anchoring moment and the conclusion THEY EXISIST !(sic)"

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Well I can understand Frenchfries, I experienced weird moments in my life which leads me to believe in other beings... not humans.
Another point that intrptr mentioned that brings me back memories is that when we (brothers, cousins and I) were playing baseball in our backyard in the mid 70's, this thing flew over our heads (low) and we watched it fly by. Once gone, not a soul would say a word or do anything for quite a while ( like hypnotized or something ) then my older brother said " Are you going to pitch that ball?". That is when we carried on playing ball and nothing was ever mentioned about that thing.

Even to this day when I question my brother about it, he sometimes remembers that day but won't elaborate, sometimes not. I remember it as if it was yesterday. Experiencers ( if a word lol) seem to be quiet about the whole thing at the beginning or deny it altogether.
I experienced ( still to this day) many different occurences and seen those ships or whatever they are flying far out in space like not satellite would.
I think my first odd experiences (to my knowledge) started when i was about 13 yo. That was scary as hell at the time and thank god i don't see those faces anymore...

To everyone out there,
don't be afraid to tell others about your experiences, you would be surprised how many have seen ufo's. They just don't tell the whole world.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: frenchfries
Hello fellow ATS'ers ,

I like skeptics because skeptical thinking is a valuable tool in finding the Truth. But I don't understand why most skeptics do not question the incompleteness of our current scientific advancement . In this post I tell about my first UFO and the effects it has had on me as a person , child , skeptical thinker , and human.
snip
Greetings Ray.

Interesting reading but I want to restrict my reply to your opening statement.

Not all skeptic were born equal. Not all skeptics know why they're skeptic. Being a skeptic means to me that you do not accept claims at face value and the more bizarre the claim the less you are going to accept it.

Marcello Truzzi
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Truzzi was an investigator of various protosciences and pseudosciences and, as fellow CSICOP cofounder Paul Kurtz dubbed him "the skeptic's skeptic". He is credited with originating the oft-used phrase "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof."

I disagree in that ALL claims, extraordinary or not, require just plain, ol' proof. Most skeptics are just regular folk like you and me and we do not necessarily care to question the incompleteness of our current scientific advancement. Where do you start?

As far as UFOs this is a field that has nothing but questions without answers. No one knows anymore than what is known publicly. I don't waste my mind with beliefs because I was fortunate to remain what I was born as, a natural skeptic. But people were claiming certain experiences that were not backed by evidence so what do you do, believe them and move on or wonder at the veracity of what you were told or read.

Until I had my first, high-quality sighting all I could do was wonder. A UFO can be anything and either you have a database that can identify it or you don't know what you are seeing and can only guess. If you look up frequently you add to your database by identifying aircraft of all types, flying creatures, balloons singly and in groups, etc. Those balloons will become the greater puzzles and your sighting may not necessarily be of something not constructed by humans. It takes more than just seeing a high-flying object to claim it's a UFO, especially with naked eyes.

I'm running amok here. I really wanted to touch on skepticism and why not all skeptics are the cat's meow. Not all skeptics demand evidence, the claim may not trigger anything beyond a "No s__t!

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: klassless

So you're a natural skeptic then ... (don't know if you ever played skyrim
)

Ok I only react on the first 2 sentences of my thread.
Well I value natural skeptics the most of all and I do agree with Marcello Truzzi.
But unlike you i've seen proof. Please ! debunk my story be skeptical , that is good ! But many skeptics are just plain bastards. In my opinion a naturaly skeptic is a kind hearthed person that wants to know the truth , so welcome.

But...

Most skeptics are just regular folk like you and me and we do not necessarily care to question the incompleteness of our current scientific advancement.

Here is the problem. Most skeptics/debunkers are just regular folk and use wiki or whatever to strengthen their arguments. For instance I'm into science and see many stuff that isn't solved , even the most basic ones like the rochelimit and the age + size of the moon. If I try to argument on that skeptics often fall in line with regurgitation of wiki facts.

This practical joke tells it all :

I once talked with a skeptic about a woman that wanted to contact a parallel dimension. He/she tore that story apart without even knowing that I was talking about Linda Randall at Cern. Then I let the cat out of the back.
He/she responded : uhhh... well eh than it's true BECAUSE she's a scientist... same info same data ? I had a good laugh.

edit on 752016 by frenchfries because: ones =once + italics for better reading

edit on 752016 by frenchfries because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 02:33 AM
link   

But the bottom line here is that you saw a dot in the sky at 8 years old and your father implanted all the rest from his own beliefs. You saw what Hynek calls a "nocturnal light," the lowest form of a sighting that it is possible to have. And from that you conclude all skeptics are wrong and UFOs are real.
a reply to: schuyler

No ,No ,No ... look , nocturnal light just meand evening light. That thing was damn big ! And dont talk about my father YOU dont know what his believe WAS because I didnt tell it. His believe was it that it were the russian government that were watching us and I as a child thought they came from Venus. I had many fights(verbal) with him as a child because of that. So implanted you're absolutely wrong about that. Also I don't think ALL skeptics are wrong (i never said that) but I tend to believe most skeptics jump to conclusions and have poor education.
I saw what I saw and I know what I know. And what I know now is that in my book you're just one of those skeptics that jumps to conclusions and judges without knowing all the facts ! pfff....

edit on 752016 by frenchfries because: I've +9 diopter for me without glasses even the moon looks like a dot in the sky , other people saw a ufo shape and even windows , but i cant confirm that

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 04:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: frenchfries

I once talked with a skeptic about a woman that wanted to contact a parallel dimension. He/she tore that story apart without even knowing that I was talking about Linda Randall at Cern. Then I let the cat out of the back.
He/she responded : uhhh... well eh than it's true BECAUSE she's a scientist... same info same data ? I had a good laugh.

ha, nice one. i am very interested in things that are going on at CERN, they even admit that they are trying to find parallel universes, which is mindboggling stuff and if these people who are far smarter than the average guy like you or I, are saying these things even the most skeptic should be amazed at this.
recent news from a semi credible news source are hypothesising that recent events at CERN are that they are/have done this.
this report from 3 days ago debunks that myth
www.rt.com...

but then this report from a day ago says that they have found 4 new particles, i wonder if they found these new particles when that thunder storm was hapening!!
cosmosmagazine.com...

now i cant find the article right now but someone here may know what im talking about but apparently the energy that the LHC requires to run or whatever takes a long time to make or build up (my memory isnt serving me too well just now) but apparently this energy can be found and extracted in high amounts from lightning...... all a bit coincidental to me. i will try and find the article later and post it when i have more time.

Cheers

edit on 5-7-2016 by Davg80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Well portals I don't know (maybe true maybe not). But what I do know is that's the current trend to patch everything with Dark matter (when will ufos become a natural phenomenon caused by dark matter
).

CERN does 'things' I'm sure. 23 kilometer in diameter and not a single blackproject all scientist working for brownie points I find that hard to believe (I was a scientist myself) ? As you said it's all too coincidental.

Just a thought :

One spinoff of CERN is it that noone questions that lightspeed might not be a constant after all.

edit on 752016 by frenchfries because: thanks for the links cheers

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 05:35 AM
link   

ok so it was antimatter i was talking about, here are two links that make those thunderclouds taken from over the LHC seem like it could have been made deliberately to store and study Antimatter.
home.cern...
science.nasa.gov...

now how is that for a coincidence.......

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join