It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is America ready for a non-Christian president?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
I'm curious, do you honestly think that the name "Hussein" absolutely means the person is a Muslim? If I were named John, does that mean I have to be a Christian since its a Christian name?

His name could be Jesus McYahweh Messiah ben-Savior and it would not make a difference.

Wow, look at me defending Dear Leader. I think I need a Karen Silkwood scrub down.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I like that name. Jesus McYahweh. Lol.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Well Bernie Sanders definitely isn't a Christian so, as far as firsts go, Hillary doesn't have monopoly on that with her gender. Once this sinks in for liberals, I think Bernie will get a spike in the polls.

Honestly, I would be most happy with a secular humanist. I think Bernie is pretty close to that.
edit on 5-1-2016 by Abysha because: spellinz

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   
pretty sure Obama is pretending to be Christian, but really, who cares? at the end of the day, does it really matter?

(post by Harvin removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

originally posted by: Enochstask

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: Enochstask

For the record, competition for resources has historically been the causeofmostwars. There is a correlation between scarcity of water and ethnic conflicts in North Africa. Sanders is subscribing to the theory that global warming has exacerbated competition for water throughout the Middle East, ramping up the violence. Correlation does not prove causality, but Sanders is not coming out of left field on this one.

Interesting how some people are already finding reasons why there must be something wrong with Sanders, rather than his policies.

So basically you are buying Sanders load of crap? If there is such a dire need for water in that part of the world why wouldn't the Middle East countries petition the Unite Nations for water assistance? Commie Sanders is another Obama that wants to punish America.

Thank you for illustrating my point. I explained why he held that opinion, then pointed out why it is not necessarily sound. Your response: "You've bought into his ----." You need to examine why you are reacting the way you are.

I don't need to do anything. When I see someone saying dopey BS then I call them on it. If Sanders really believes global warming is causing muslims to attack others, then why isn't ISIS attacking China and their smog filled cities? Do you see how stupid it sounds?

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I would prefer a president who didn't make his religion an issue or promote it. I'm all for believing in whatever faith you believe in and makes sense and feels right to you. But there's something so off putting about the way politicians tout their Christianity like it should mean something. I've met non-Christians who behave more "christianly" than Christians.

anyway I think a Pagan president would be interestingly fun. but that's just me.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Jesus McYahweh Messiah ben-Savior! Holy crap that's the funniest thing I've read in long time. I spit out my redbull and crushed the can I laughed so hard. Epic win to you good sir!

It just rolls off the tounge too!

When someone finally create A.I. And it rules the world I hope they name it that. I could get behind an A.I. Leader with that name.

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
edit on 5-1-2016 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   
America has likely had quite a few "non-Christian" Presidents aside from the two mentioned... heh, at least privately non-religious, anyway... and far more who identify as Christian but don't exactly follow through on the whole "do unto others" idea.

But is the "average" American ready for some non-Christian leader? Absolutely... we may be nearing a tipping point where the majority will be fine with it. And Bernie is just all right with me...

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Harvin

Might want to put a lid on it. I see you've already been post-banned once.

I'd be hesitant to put anyone but a Christian in office. I'm biased, yes.

I believe the current "President" is Muslim and is working deliberately to destroy America.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs
Wasn't Hoover African American? There was a thread on ATS about this and his parents definitely looked African American in the photo.

(post by Harvin removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join