It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is America ready for a non-Christian president?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

I pointed out faith in US is pretty much private matter, CNN made it Muslim issue pointing that Muslim is better than Atheist.. Question is still there do you find that article credible ?
We should discuss about media and their agenda.. Why atheist is worse than Muslim ? What is the goal.. what i see majority of US people are not very religious so why this "non religious" is played towards Islam.
think

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: 123143
There is a Muslim in the WH right now. By the way he is deliberately destroying the country you will never convince me otherwise.

Unless said Muslim is an employee or taking a tour... it isn't Obama.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   

This country was not ready for a non-white President, as the "Birther" movement attests. In the unlikely event that Bernie is elected, the accusations that he is a Zionist ashkeNAZI crypto-communist tool of the banksters who are oppressing the people on behalf of IsraHELL's NWO, so get ready to have your guns seized so you can be marched off to the FEMA camps where the guillotines are all sharpened and the plastic grave liners ready....would completely drown out every other thread on ATS. Just saying.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Is America ready for a non-Christian president?

originally posted by: peskyhumans
Already happened. Obama isn't a Christian. He's a muslim psychopath hell-bent on destroying our country.

The US really needs a non-christian POTUS as the above post shows.

IT should be the best person for the job, regardless of whether or not they have an imaginary friend, or what it's name is...
edit on 5-1-2016 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   

3% of people are more likely to vote for a Muslim than an Atheist POTUS...

About 1% of the population is Muslim, so that explains 1/3 of those responses.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

For some reason, the religious are comfortable with voting for someone as long as they believe in a divine spirit of some sort.

That was my point in highlighting the Musim-Atheism aspect...

Nothing to do with a "Muslim issue" as some seem.

It seems the US populace are more in favour a believers of any flavour than those who hold no Faith.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

This country was not ready for a non-white President, as the "Birther" movement attests.

Agreed; I also believe that the U.S. would be BETTER run by a higher level Military Official with a strong background the United States Department of Defense.!.!!!!.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Salaams, brother. Hope all is well w/you.

The honest answer is yes. The American right wing may or may not be ready for one, but they don't represent all Americans. As an example, Bernie Sanders is Jewish and he polls very well against potential Republican candidates. And if he gets the Democratic nomination, he'll become the 2nd Jewish candidate I'll vote for for the presidency (I voted for Ralph Nader in 2000). And I can guarantee you I wouldn't be the only American trying to get the non-Christian Bernie Sanders into the White House.

I really don't care what a candidate's religion is, as long as their policies match with my priorities.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

It seems the US populace are more in favour a believers of any flavour than those who hold no Faith.

Yep. That's what I was getting at.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka
And yet you brought it up. The question is do you trust CNN poll its it credible or not. Somebody made this as a Muslim issue and it was not me

Brought what up?

The fact that Americans are more comfortable with a Muslim President than an Atheist?
So what?

Besides that I have no idea what you're talking about, no countries except the US were mentioned in this thread, except by YOU!!!

I think Americans would be more comfortable with a Muslim or Atheist POTUS before a Scientologist. Just think when a candidate stops by a talk show interview and starts jumping on the couch.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: ReadLeader

This country was not ready for a non-white President, as the "Birther" movement attests.

Agreed; I also believe that the U.S. would be BETTER run by a higher level Military Official with a strong background the United States Department of Defense.!.!!!!.

Somehow I can see the result of a President with those credentials would just result in more wars. Though you aren't alone with that opinion. Americans have traditionally LOVED voting in generals or high ranking military personnel as President. It started with our very first.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: ReadLeader

So... you would support a military coup? A right wing junta?

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Hehe, yeah I can imagine the threads now.

People think Trump is entertaining.

The debates would be on Channel E if a scientologist ran.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Salam, brother.
Hope you're well.

I'm the same over here, I don't really care what Faith is held by the candidate...
It doesn't even become an issue to me unless they use it negatively.

I dunno if this is Sander's year...
Maybe as a running mate to balance out the card.

We can hope though.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Scientology doesn´t really exclude other faiths. There are Christian Scientologists, Hindu Scientologists, Buddhist Scientologists and Muslim Scientologists and any religious beliefs are good to go with Scientologia. Scientologia is not really a religion it is institution which wants your money and want to do PROFIT tax free.
edit on 5-1-2016 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   

I dunno if this is Sander's year...
Maybe as a running mate to balance out the card.

Unfortunately, resigning yourself to be the VP instead of the President is a sure fire way to never be elected President. That is pretty much how it has worked out historically since the birth of the nation. Secretary of State USED to be the fast track lane to the Presidency, but that seemed to end with James Buchanan. Not to say these trends can't be broken, but that is just how things have worked out here in the States.
edit on 5-1-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   

In truth, its very likely that we haven't had a religious person in office for several decades if not more.

While politicians claim to be religious as a PR stunt, they only worship power and money in reality.

edit on 17131America/ChicagoTue, 05 Jan 2016 11:17:05 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Obama claims to be christian, which is all that matters.
He is one.

But, being Muslim shouldn't change anything.

Protestant is Christian.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   

For sure.

But I'm taking into account Bernie's age here...

This could be his final chance whether as P or running mate.

If he was 10-20 yrs younger I wouldn't even contemplate it.
Nor would he, I'm sure.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Is America ready for a non-Abrahamic President?

That is the really big question that needs asking. Islam, Christianity and their father religion Judaism are all the same thing, they all piss in the Abrahamic pot. Western societies and their populations move around these religions but it all stays the same.

The really big question is when the USA will be ready for a truly other worldly religion like Buddhism or even a native religion to the Americas.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join