It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People who don't write threads....

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: xbox

Hey am not a hater!

Guys like you are fine in my book, its people who wade into a thread and start trashing it yet never bother to write a thread themselves.

People who will destroy a OP with big ideas or who will derail a thread with something off-topic rather than going and writing their own thread on a subject.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: blupblup

Agreed. I've made my share of threads in my time here, but now, I mostly just post. For one thing, most times I do start to write a thread, there's already one started. I'm not into making frivolous threads just for the sake of writing a thread.

Sorry you're pissed, OSOTC... but we all serve a purpose here.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Yep and these days people just make threads for the sake of it.. literally no point in many of the threads but people fire them out anyway.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Well yes I sort of agree with you. Many times have people posted something and I've tried to gently nudge them or blatantly tell them to write their own thread. I guess it's just too much hard work for the twitter generation. (In fairness sometimes it's genuinely that they don't have the time because life just gets in the way).

I actually get more annoyed with people who's grasp of written English is so bad I have difficult understanding them. I'm not talking about a misplaced were, we're or where but their inability to express themselves. The ones who don't seem to understand paragraphs, punctuation or when to use capital letters.

While I'm on a rant another of those things I find slightly irritating is how some deeply thought out well researched threads get little attention whilst ones with a couple of sentences, maybe a quote from news source, or a youtube video with a lazy opening comment or two can run for months. Often the 2nd or 3rd posters in those threads use more words than the thread starter.

But still....

I really think ATS should run an "ATS Classics" feature. Maybe every week they could highlight some of the better written threads on a certain 'conspiracy' topics away from the news stories and political debates which tend to be only relevant for a few days. I'm thinking "Bigfoot week" or "JFK week" etc..... Perhaps I should suggest it as well. But I am too lazy.

Best wishes MM

edit on 12/3/15 by mirageman because: Bad grasp of written English

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

Agree 100%

your Idea for ATS Classics sounds good to

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: xbox

Hey am not a hater!

Guys like you are fine in my book, its people who wade into a thread and start trashing it yet never bother to write a thread themselves.

People who will destroy a OP with big ideas or who will derail a thread with something off-topic rather than going and writing their own thread on a subject.

Okay but people who mess up an OP and it's intended direction; shouldn't be making threads anyways. They lack skills in electronic converse obviously.

Please don't encourage such people to make their own threads, as if poor quality threads are not on the increase as is...

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   
ATS is great in the beginning when you are going out of the box and maybe to get better with argumenting and cheap shoots.

I sometimes flag a thread not because I agree with all the reasoning but because it is a new way of looking that is out of box for me. I did love when it was more trying to piece parts of the puzzle together and see how the pieces fit.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

While I'm on a rant another things I find slightly irritating is how some deeply thought out well researched threads get little attention whilst ones with a couple of sentences, maybe a quote from news source, or a YouTube video with a lazy opening comment or two can run for months. Often the 2nd or 3rd posters in those threads use more words than the thread starter.

OMG, pet peeve.

A bad opening thread cannot demand a well thought out response.

Yet, I try...

edit on 12-3-2015 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Elementalist

Lol makes me think of the mainstream spam on the world war three forum.

Wait now. I just realized that I am one of those who make very few threads. Am I in trouble?

edit on 12-3-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Honestly, some of suck at threads. OK, well I suck at threads.

What I may find interesting or discussion worthy has proven not interesting or discussion worthy on ATS.

So I have resigned myself to reading others work and commenting when I feel the need.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I spat beer reading the title of this thread as it seemed like a crazy rant and no mistake.

After reading I am inclined to agree with the OP on this one.

If I interpret it correctly its not an attack on those who do not create threads but those that only choose to attack and derail those that do.

I'm quite happy to start a thread on anything that interests me or question anything that gets me interested.

There is as we all know a certain type of member that starts no thread, contributes little but simply bounces from thread to thread bringing nothing but derailment, one line so called opinions and general crappiness.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Just a quick rant but this has been really pissing me off the last few days.

Folk who don't write threads.

They will take a look at a thread written by someone else, wade in and tell the OP or other posters just how wrong they all are and how the thread is basically rubbish.

But they never take the time to go and start their own threads.

I work for a living, got kids, dog, house to clean, football to watch, real people to talk to at my local !!!! etc etc. ATS is not my life. I do not have the time to "maintain" a thread. On top of that this site has more a-holes than people worthy of having a discussion with.

Could it be that there are many threads started by the same people who live their life here and those threads are weak and pointless.........myabe they need to get out more !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

They will take a look at a thread written by someone else, wade in and tell the OP or other posters just how wrong they all are and how the thread is basically rubbish.

ATS has a a group of Ufo shills and they are possibly the worse for doing this, they hardly ever write a thread and when they do its something like ask me a question out of physics book type thing - no possibility for original thought or ideas, may as well be leading their life reading of a script someone else gives them.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: yorkshirelad

Just a quick rant but this has been really pissing me off the last few days.

Folk who don't write threads.

But they never take the time to go and start their own threads.

I work for a living, got kids, dog, house to clean, football to watch, real people to talk to at my local !!!! etc etc. ATS is not my life. I do not have the time to "maintain" a thread. On top of that this site has more a-holes than people worthy of having a discussion with.

Could it be that there are many threads started by the same people who live their life here and those threads are weak and pointless.........myabe they need to get out more !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

An interesting point but although busy as you are when in the local do you start conversations or join in the ones that already exist?

I only ask because I'm interested, I'm not sure if this was what the OP meant but I think it's a relavant question.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
I spat beer reading the title of this thread as it seemed like a crazy rant and no mistake.

After reading I am inclined to agree with the OP on this one.

If I interpret it correctly its not an attack on those who do not create threads but those that only choose to attack and derail those that do.

I'm quite happy to start a thread on anything that interests me or question anything that gets me interested.

There is as we all know a certain type of member that starts no thread, contributes little but simply bounces from thread to thread bringing nothing but derailment, one line so called opinions and general crappiness.

YES!!!

That is exactly it, very well put.

I wouldn't expect everyone to be writing a thread every day

Its those though who trash others threads or derail them with off-topic posts that this is directed at.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: AthlonSavage
ATS has a a group of Ufo shills and they are possibly the worse for doing this, they hardly ever write a thread and when they do its something like ask me a question out of physics book type thing - no possibility for original thought or ideas, may as well be leading their life reading of a script someone else gives them.

First thing I thought off when reading this thread as well.
The Aliens and UFOs Forum is by far the one which suffers the most from these types of people.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

Never waste a good beer my friend!

Funny you should say that because, a thread today dispatched one new member, (at least)
for doing just that.
Mind you, the thread itself could have been somewhat construed to provoke such a reaction...and the thing is, that's something that's done quite a lot lot here, and by longer standing members...a pity that! Just my opinion though.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I understand that people do not have the time to write threads or are maybe worried about the reaction to them to a certain degree but who cares?

I would rather write a thread that bombed than bounce in, make half a dozen random derogatory comments and then dissapear for a week but thats just me.

I would like to add to those that like to read threads and comment but not create them that without those who take the time to make a thread we would now be on page 4506 of the who shot JFK thread and still talking about 9/11, Rods and the moon landings.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Okay. I'm sorry.I just like running my mouth. I mean typing. But not typing to the point of actually doing a good job to write a thread. I mean there are some really good threads on here. It's intimidating.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iamthatbish
Okay. I'm sorry.I just like running my mouth. I mean typing. But not typing to the point of actually doing a good job to write a thread. I mean there are some really good threads on here. It's intimidating.

Do you see a reply as different to an opener in a thread?

Genuine question here, If you can write a well structured reply why not a thread?

I'll say anything in any manner if I think it will get a conversation going.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join