It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People who don't write threads....

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: blupblup

I'm fairly certain "trash" and "derail" threads means coming into a thread with an opposing viewpoint and showing the OP to be wrong or not as solid as they thought.

This is not just directed at you blupbulp but, its seems people still don't quite seem to get this, now I have said this now at least three times and people still don't seem to get it.

I know!!!!

Lets try big bold colourful letters!

From the OP

To be clear I am not having a go at people who disagree with me, in fact sometimes I see a counter argument made in a post and think that it would make for a really good thread, a alternative view something else that can be debated.

Whilst I am on a roll, It also kind of annoys me when these people will go and derail a thread talking about their point of view or a entirely different theory on a related topic. Rather than derailing the thread, go write your own on whatever it is you want to talk about!!!

THIS IS NOT ABOUT ME BEING PISSED AT PEOPLE WHO DISAGREE WITH ME!!!!

This is about all those annoying members who never bother to write their own posts but derail, trash and troll the threads of others.

Nothing more annoying about writing a thread on oranges and then someone decides they want to talk about apples!!!

IF you want to talk about Apples write a thread on apples

(yes this thread is starting to drive me crazy!)

Please do not make me explain this again because I am on the verge of ripping out my own eyes just so i don't have to read another winy "the OP doesn't like people posting who disagree with him" posts
edit on 17-3-2015 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: blupblup

This is about all those annoying members who never bother to write their own posts but derail, trash and troll the threads of others.

I take it you mean threads where you typed posts there?

Anyway... so only members who make threads should be able to post in other people's threads?
One persons derail or trash is another persons reasoned argument or sarcasm or attempt to show the OP that their thread is stupid.

It's all subjective mate and is what makes this place work... we all see things differently and all argue and debate our points and opinions...

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 12:17 AM
link   
No, he's saying that if you have a habit of being antagonistic & no flags then you're worthy of our disdain.

I make it a habit to make enough threads to counter my antagonistic nature when posting in other ppls (& I've made some dang insightful threads, if I do say so myself)

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 02:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Eunuchorn

It's all subjective. I find this thread a little antagonistic and a bit insulting. It invites antagonism. Which begs a question... Is this thread intended to troll non-threaders? This says to me, if your WATS score is low, you're an illegitimate user. Seems like provocation. As such, it probably deserves the aforementioned criticism. There are enough outspoken users here to get that.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 05:42 AM
link   
a reply to: SlowNail

Nah, only certain users.

I'm sure we all can think of a few members we'd rather not see in threads...ever.
Heck, there's a few users who make plenty of threads & seem to do nothing but troll &/or play Devils advocate simply for the sake of doing so.

I consider myself a troll, in some aspects, but usually people think I'm trolling when I'm just trying to express my world view, lol

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eunuchorn
a reply to: SlowNail

Nah, only certain users.

I'm sure we all can think of a few members we'd rather not see in threads...ever.
Heck, there's a few users who make plenty of threads & seem to do nothing but troll &/or play Devils advocate simply for the sake of doing so.

I consider myself a troll, in some aspects, but usually people think I'm trolling when I'm just trying to express my world view, lol

I thought you were trolling for a while but then I realised your just a miserable SOB with a negative view on almost everything.

What started as an annoyance has now grown into a twisted kind of anti affection for your posts.

If I see you have posted I will click and see what grumpy view you have on the topic in hand. It's really rather curious.

And strangely addictive.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join