It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People who don't write threads....

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I can't imagine why this bothers people. Write a thread. Don't write a thread. I don't care. There is person who posts about 10-12 threads per day. They are typically over the top with sensationalism. I don't care for reading them, but I don't mind that the person does it.

If the person never posts another thread, I wouldn't care either. Why take it all so seriously? Just go with the flow.

Each to his own.

We have some fantastic posters on here who don't write threads. I always read their posts. I understand why they don't write threads. They don't want to. What's problem?

As I said earlier I do not think the OP was an attack but a plea to those that don't make threads.

I saw it as more as a positive as opposed to the negative that it has been taken as.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

I guess because I've seen so many rants about peeps not making threads over the last six years. There must be over a dozen. Well over a dozen since I've been a member. It always makes me wonder why people care. Why they assume it's a bad thing. Some people like to make threads, some don't. Big deal.
edit on 3/12/2015 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting

I guess because I've seen so many rants about peeps not making threads over the last six years. There must be over a dozen. Well over a dozen since I've been a member. It always makes me wonder why people care. Why they assume it's a bad thing. Some people like to make threads, some don't. Big deal.

fair point but the fact people care care must count for something?

Not my rant I'm just here for the conversation.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I came to ATS to learn, not to preach.

Besides, every thread I have start either goes down hill fairly quick, or people completely miss the point.

Granted the majority of my threads have been what I thought were obvious parodies on threads that were gross over generalizations. Either that or I wrote the thread on the fly after seeing a headline.

I have several ideas for quality threads, but honestly some of those ideas are controversial and I would rather not put effort into something that is going to result in having to defend myself rather than discuss the subject or idea. And let's be honest, my writing skills aren't the best which people see as grounds for auto attack.
edit on 12-3-2015 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 01:06 AM
link   

I am the worlds worst but tentative when it comes to writing one of my own as I have burned myself a couple times. I do attempt to be constructive when I post in someone else's work and never mean to take away from their work by interjecting a strong opinion or two.

Just a bit shaky when it comes to putting together a strong piece alone and people can be harsh in expressing their own opinions of others work and I suppose it is in a way a barrier that I must cross and will...have an idea and think I will work on it first in a document program before I create another mishap for myself but bear with those of us who are also procrastinators...another worlds worst for me.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

What other point would there be for making a thread? for the sake of it?

I really do not understand that comment because there is surley no other reaon to make a thread?

I anticipate your answer.

Some people make them for the attention... because they like to "hear the sound of their own voice" (but in written form
) and some people genuinely enjoy sparking conversation and bringing interesting, controversial or unknown topics/news to ATS.
There are many types of thread makers on ATS and many people who just like to post.

Some people need a blog I think.... it would be better.
Some make 15-20 threads a day, about literally nothing...trivial nonsense.

edit on 13/3/15 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Make threads or not. No biggie imo. What annoys me is people that have been here for like 4 years, with 80 posts and complain about the content. If you're not contributing, don't complain.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Psynic

How else are we going to know who the shills are?

I think it's likely a shill would create many threads. You can't always push an agenda by waiting for others to start the discussion for you.....or can you?

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I have no words. Literally no words.

I was attempting to express to you that I'm not you're mama and because i said so isn't what adults want to hear. At this point I think you purposely misunderstand.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I really do want to write a post, and is why I finally joined after lurking so long. But after working 10 hours, going to the store, then the lady wants me to sit on the couch and wants me to spend time with her watching the TV, taking out the dogs, etc. I am lucky if I get the time to have any time online

I really wish I had the time to even read all these great threads that the fine folks here have put all the effort into. I will get a weekend off soon!

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 01:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Just a quick rant but this has been really pissing me off the last few days.

Folk who don't write threads.

They will take a look at a thread written by someone else, wade in and tell the OP or other posters just how wrong they all are and how the thread is basically rubbish.

But they never take the time to go and start their own threads.

Was just thinking about this today when i was lurking on a thread, and i noticed a couple of members demanding proof of this or putting forward totally new arguments but they have no threads of their own. Or they last wrote one back in 2006 in the introduction forum then another around December of 2012 as a good bye thinking the world was going to end.

To be clear I am not having a go at people who disagree with me, in fact sometimes I see a counter argument made in a post and think that it would make for a really good thread, a alternative view something else that can be debated.

Whilst I am on a roll, It also kind of annoys me when these people will go and derail a thread talking about their point of view or a entirely different theory on a related topic. Rather than derailing the thread, go write your own on whatever it is you want to talk about!!!

rant over.

Maybe you're upset because someone disagrees with you. Why would you get so upset about something so stupid? You can't control what people do. Stop trying.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: LOSTinAMERICA

Just a quick rant but this has been really pissing me off the last few days.

Folk who don't write threads.

They will take a look at a thread written by someone else, wade in and tell the OP or other posters just how wrong they all are and how the thread is basically rubbish.

But they never take the time to go and start their own threads.

Was just thinking about this today when i was lurking on a thread, and i noticed a couple of members demanding proof of this or putting forward totally new arguments but they have no threads of their own. Or they last wrote one back in 2006 in the introduction forum then another around December of 2012 as a good bye thinking the world was going to end.

To be clear I am not having a go at people who disagree with me, in fact sometimes I see a counter argument made in a post and think that it would make for a really good thread, a alternative view something else that can be debated.

Whilst I am on a roll, It also kind of annoys me when these people will go and derail a thread talking about their point of view or a entirely different theory on a related topic. Rather than derailing the thread, go write your own on whatever it is you want to talk about!!!

rant over.

Maybe you're upset because someone disagrees with you. Why would you get so upset about something so stupid? You can't control what people do. Stop trying.

I find it amusing that you say that after quoting my entire OP including this part.

To be clear I am not having a go at people who disagree with me, in fact sometimes I see a counter argument made in a post and think that it would make for a really good thread, a alternative view something else that can be debated

I have no problem with people disagreeing with me, what i have a problem with is people who turn up to trash a thread with pointless one-liners, silly arguments and attempt to derail a thread without ever bothering to write their own thread. Rather than derailing a thread create your own.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   

To be clear I am not having a go at people who disagree with me…

Riggght. But you went looking at others thread list because someone disagreed with you. You are looking for reasons to rant at them but because thats against TnC you generalize here about "some people who don't do threads" that "pissed you off".

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Seriously, I cannot believe i have to quote this twice in as many posts.

To be clear I am not having a go at people who disagree with me, in fact sometimes I see a counter argument made in a post and think that it would make for a really good thread, a alternative view something else that can be debated

Again I am not pissed at people who disagree with me I am pissed at people who don't bother writing threads but will derail or trash the threads of others.

Also, as a matter of habit i tend to check the thread list of others, it gives me a idea of who I am debating with.

edit on 14-3-2015 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Ummm...So what your saying is that you prefer that nobody comment in your threads...unless they were the OP...?

Ummm...K...I think it would be the height of boring to read a thread in which you were the sole commenter...I mean I've seen people play chess against themselves...but wouldn't it be an expose on dissociative personality syndrome...and quite painful to witness I might add...to have to watch you contorting yourself through all possible response permutations...all on your little lonesome...?...........Hmmm..?

OR...did you mean that you desire..ONLY...those that have authored threads of their own be allowed to comment in any given thread...say a quasi sorta schtick clique...?

Well...In that case...whew...(wipes sweat from brow)...I guess I'm of the golden goose club...(proud as peacock points to golden flag count)...and ever so qualified to grace your not so humble page with whatever drivel I might assume where appropo to your OP...

Oh...(raises hand to be noticed by proctor)...does that also mean that one should refrain from addressing or commenting to...(gods forbid)...OTHER...(gulp)...commenters posting in your threads...(nervously wrings hands...hoping it aint so...tell me it aint so)...

Wipes tear...

YouSir

edit on 14-3-2015 by YouSir because: to many of's do pose in redundancy...

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

As it has been mentioned several times including in the Op the issue was Members who do not make there own threads but can be seen to constantly attempting to derail others, contributing little and acting in a genearally derogatory fashion.

If you take the time to read the whole thread you will see that others agree.

I think what the OP was trying to convey is the sentiment that those that like to belittle threads or attempt to nit pick or comment on the quality of them But DO NOT TAKE THE TIME TO AUTHOR THERE OWN are somewhat hypocritical.

At no point did I see the OP suggest that those that make thread are in anyway superior or any of the other things some people seem to be taking a great exeption too.

I have read posts claiming they do not have the time to write posts, This has nothing to do with the issue raised in my opinion.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   

I think the above comment from "nonspecific" pretty much covers everything I would have said in response.

I don't think you quite understand the OP.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   

I think the above comment from "nonspecific" pretty much covers everything I would have said in response.

I don't think you quite understand the OP.

I thought I'd try and grab that one for you mate.

Thought you might have had an embolysm if you had to go through it all again.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Ummm...I know...right...?

I even did read the whole thread...I just think it was poorly written...s-okay...sometimes it's difficult to get your point across through the morass of the way in which you chose to word it...I be so guilty of that...

If you really read my post really hard...you'll see it was levity...humor...an attempt to say...lighten up...

I do agree that certain peeps like to off topic a thread to death...in that case have them mod-squashed...I've been face stomped by them once or twice meself...and lived to tell the tale...I think the mods are pretty fair in dishing it out...usually...

You see...a cogent well written rant...shouldn't need anyone like you to carry the OP's water...it should shine in all it's own glory...lighting the way so that those perusing...not stumble over the edge of understanding..........KWIM...?

YouSir
edit on 14-3-2015 by YouSir because: of the flesh...

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Well Sir, I did not see the humour in your post. Should the fault lie with my reading of it or could it be said that it was written in a way that did not adequately convey the levity you indtened.

As for my replying to your post I did so not to protect the OP but in attempt to vent my own frustration on the subject in hand.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join