It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People who don't write threads....

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Just a quick rant but this has been really pissing me off the last few days.

Folk who don't write threads.

They will take a look at a thread written by someone else, wade in and tell the OP or other posters just how wrong they all are and how the thread is basically rubbish.

But they never take the time to go and start their own threads.

Was just thinking about this today when i was lurking on a thread, and i noticed a couple of members demanding proof of this or putting forward totally new arguments but they have no threads of their own. Or they last wrote one back in 2006 in the introduction forum then another around December of 2012 as a good bye thinking the world was going to end.

To be clear I am not having a go at people who disagree with me, in fact sometimes I see a counter argument made in a post and think that it would make for a really good thread, a alternative view something else that can be debated.

Whilst I am on a roll, It also kind of annoys me when these people will go and derail a thread talking about their point of view or a entirely different theory on a related topic. Rather than derailing the thread, go write your own on whatever it is you want to talk about!!!

rant over.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Must admit I'm crap at making new threads but I do try. Somestimes I cant think what to say (own opinion) when I post a new thread only a couple of lines. I suppose I'm a man of few words but I know what you mean.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   

How else are we going to know who the shills are?

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: EnigmaAgent

I have read a few of your threads and the come across quite well.

It doesn't matter if it just a few lines, if it gets your view or your information across and starts some conversation then its decent thread one way or another.

And at least you are putting yourself out there, that's another thing.

If you go and write a thread, almost all of the first page is probably going to be about what you have written, that can be quite daunting, especially if you have spent a long time on writing the and researching the thread. You are opening up your ideas, your research and yourself to extent to be debated and credited. Those who avoid posting threads all together avoid that, but you can bet that a lot of them will be the first to post on the thread with the now customary "the op is ignorant" post.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

To be clear I am not having a go at people who disagree with me, in fact sometimes I see a counter argument made in a post and think that it would make for a really good thread, a alternative view something else that can be debated.

Whilst I am on a roll, It also kind of annoys me when these people will go and derail a thread talking about their point of view or a entirely different theory on a related topic. Rather than derailing the thread, go write your own on whatever it is you want to talk about!!!

rant over.

Ah, but it takes an expert to make a really good thread, one that's up for discussion from the start of an OP to the end. Especially bad are the threads with nothing in them it other than mere opinion, but presented as fact...that happens all the time, and it's awfully Grannying, a bit like the BBC does from time to time!
edit on 12-3-2015 by smurfy because: text.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   

part of the problem is 90% of the threads these days are just a rehash of mainstream media or a cool "something" that ats vets have seen many times...

there just isn't much left to talk about any more....and what bothers me more than people not making threads ever (I share your rant) is no one ever wants to get off their ass to physically do something.

so I watch the world burn from a distance peacefully as ive given up...became self sustaining for the most part and live off grid...

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Just a quick rant but this has been really pissing me off the last few days.

They will take a look at a thread written by someone else, wade in and tell the OP or other posters just how wrong they all are and how the thread is basically rubbish.

But they never take the time to go and start their own threads.

Was just thinking about this today when i was lurking on a thread, and i noticed a couple of members demanding proof of this or putting forward totally new arguments but they have no threads of their own. Or they last wrote one back in 2006 in the introduction forum then another around December of 2012 as a good bye thinking the world was going to end.

rant over.

My favorite is the trolls who stop in long enough to tell you your thread is a hoax, even though it came from a valid newsworthy source. Bah!

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   
hmmmmm....let me guess which threads you were viewing today.

Nah, I already know.

When it gets to the point of realizing what some are up to, I just back away and go return to my Cap'n Crunch.

And I agree 100%

Peace

edit on 12-3-2015 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Don't encourage them. There's a reason good threads are declining. The "real" contributing members have gone elsewhere. After Facer and Twitbook, things took a nosedive. Less threads, more emo posts.

Thanks to your rant, a wave of Beiber/Kardashian threads from a bunch of noobs will start cropping up.

Good job...

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis
Don't encourage them. There's a reason good threads are declining. The "real" contributing members have gone elsewhere. After Facer and Twitbook, things took a nosedive. Less threads, more emo posts.

Thanks to your rant, a wave of Beiber/Kardashian threads from a bunch of noobs will start cropping up.

Good job...

considering my last thread was about Star Wars I new feel a little by hypocritical in light of your post...

But at the same time I am working on a huge thread right now so, meh.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Good job...

If that happens, I'm officially out.

Peace

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Good job...

I used to be on Facebook a lot out of boredom. Mostly chatting with friends though. I've found myself here though lately and ignoring Facebook. I think the last time I was on Facebook was a week and a half ago, and for someone that was on daily, it's kind of unusual for me. LOL

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Writing a post requires no skill or well-thought out.

Writing a thread is too the public, not an OP. Takes more skill, expression, editing, and sure ness that yhe message you are about to submit, is true for your sake..

As if you didn't think about the above when you made this mediocre thread

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I quite enjoy the information on ATS. Sometimes I even feel confident enough to engage with such a high-esteemed community. Less so now, so thanks for that. Ironically, I only came here to be negative about your thread.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Sorry. did I derail your Star Wars thread?
edit on 12-3-2015 by frostjon361 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Star Wars isn't a topic, it's a lifestyle.

Seriously though, balance is key. Have some fun, but get serious every now and then. I try and put forth that example.

Keep up the great work. I always enjoy reading your threads regardless if the force was with you or not.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   

I think im one of those people..... hell, i KNOW i am

but i admit, my expression in writing is not 100%. Those things that i know, i find hard to express. look at it this way... my lack of writing threads is not because i dont have anything of value to give to the ats community, it is because i have too much, and the limited format of a mere thread will not do it justice.

Not to mention the fact that over the past few years i realize many new-comers turn ATS into a tool, not for learning, not for teaching, but for sharpening their ego-driven, lie-riddled agenda...

Their are a few forums left on ATS that are still based in reality, that have not yet been poisoned. The rest im afraid to say has been poisoned.

So you see, imho there really is no point to any of it..... most people i realize, dont come here with an open mind, they come here to reinforce their opinions.

I have learned much from ATS. But this is far from a civilized debate. So i dont waste my time!

Hope that answers your question.
edit on 2015-03-12T15:54:18-05:00201503bpm3103pm1831 by combatmaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Couldn't disagree less. I'm very happy not everyone, including myself, feels inclined to write a thread, I wouldn't bother to take the time to go through that. There is a natural filtering process that takes place, where people self-evaluate "does this need a thread?" and I'm glad it does

Would you sincerely love to go through 100 threads where everyone just states their opinions? Boring...

Besides, there already IS a conspiracy forum where anyone can post his opinion anonymously, and the average content is questionable to say the least

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I like to read other people's threads.

I don't think I would be good at writing threads and I piss you off for that? Heck I don't even like to post on other peoples threads. You must have a lot of hate. Sorry for that, but I don't think everyone should write threads just to do so.

To each there own I guess .

Best wishes

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I think posting in threads is as important as making threads... It's a kind of chicken and egg thing...of course the thread came first but without posters there would be no thread.

I don't really post too many threads, I hate sensational threads and "HUGE SHOUTY HEADLINE" threads too.
It takes all parts of the machine of ATS to make it work - thread makers and posters.

edit on 12/3/15 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join