It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Marine Asked His Bootcamp Buddy to Watch His House While He Was Stationed Overseas & He Never C

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I assumed he meant the wiki leaks collateral murder video. You know, the one where we annihilate innocent civilians for peace, hahaha.

edit on 26-6-2014 by Inexorable because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Inexorable

Haven't been paying attention to current events ?

Seen the path and destruction and 'collateral' damage left behind AQ, and ISIS in Iraq, and Syria?

You know where the US isn't.

You know those 'innocents'.

Guess that doesn't matter.

Only demagoguing the US military and IGNORING what THEY DO.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Haven't been paying attention to current events ?

Seen the path and destruction and 'collateral' damage left behind AQ, and ISIS in Iraq, and Syria?

You know where the US isn't.

You know those 'innocents'.

Guess that doesn't matter.

Only demagoguing the US military and IGNORING what THEY DO.

Yes.

So far ISIS haven't topped the US collateral damage in that most of what you are seeing to this day is still US collateral damage.

The US bombing for peace in Iraq is just the idea of repeating the same mistakes and expecting different results. Maybe they could drop psychedelics out of planes instead and we could learn to love once again.

Have you not seen the wiki leaks collateral murder video? These brown people are going to get righteous on us for bombing the mess out of them for decades, we don't have the money to stop it with raw force (Well unless we want to get rid of part of our nuke stockpile).

Maybe since were also at war with Islam that the Christians of the west could lay down their religion like the weapon of mass destruction that it truly is and set a example for the middle east.

I'm simply suggesting cost effective solutions to our problems using logic instead of weapons.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Revelations29
a reply to: solarstorm

Military men and women of the United States swore an oath to uphold the constitution no matter what.

Every war since WW2, has not passed through congress. Therefore, every war since WW2 is unconstitutional.

That means every soldier that has volunteered or stayed in since that time are traitors to the United States.

So please, spare us all the innocent solider BS. These soldiers are as much to blame as the politicians.

Not overly familiar with 'war powers resolution of 1973' I guess are you? Prior to 1973 military actions in Korea and South East Asia were actually constitutional. The president as CIC, had the right to call up the military indefinitely until the American ouic became disgusted enough to push congress and the White House to act and limit Presidential war making. Essentially the president has a limited window if Military action without congressional approval or a declaration of war. Other than 97 in Kosovo I can't think of any military actions that were devoid of congressional approval therefore your statements are self aggrandizing BS

The War Powers Resolution requires the President to notify Congress within 48 hours of committing armed forces to military action and forbids armed forces from remaining for more than 60 days, with a further 30 day withdrawal period, without an authorization of the use of military force or a declaration of war.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: greavsie1971

7 years in the Marine Corps during war time. I'll give you three guesses at how many people I've killed. Go ahead, I'll wait.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Guys I've decided to begin raising a fund for these outstanding citizens of the cosmos seen in this video. They are real life heroes. Lets build them all new houses.

Seriously though, awfully disgusting hypocrisy considering almost nobody is going to help rebuild the people's lives they helped destroy.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
You always have a choice. That crap about how the politicians made someone go and kill other people, just doesn't make any sense. I understand how sensitive people are about military and soldiers, but lets get real here. They choose to kill other people. That's a simple fact.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

So every MOS involves gun play and death huh? I love military wisdom from people who haven't served.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Oh Yea! You're starting a fund!
Can we hate on that as well? After all, if a friend helping a friend is enough to hate him for why not yours as well. I probably wouldn't support it anyways, just because you're involved and probably people who think like you. (Sarcasm off)

First and foremost, they were friends.

And friends help one another out. Right? Right?

I need a break from people with such self righteous, arrogant, hypocritical, holier than thou, condescending attitudes.
edit on 26-6-2014 by TDawgRex because: Just a ETA

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
AND THAT IS JUST ABOUT ENOUGH OF THAT

The topic is about someone doing something good for someone, not about soldiers, or ISIS, or Iraq, or anything else. I strongly suggest we get back on topic and STAY THERE, or there will be consequences. No back and forth, no insulting other members, nothing but a nice civil discussion about the TOPIC.

Do not reply to this post.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: snarky412

What an absolute breath of fresh air! Seriously, thanks for bringing this here and sharing with all of us. It's really, really, really, really great to see people helping out our veterans. As KnowledgeSeeker81 said, this restores some faith in humanity.

We should all take away a very valuable lesson from this. SnF, Snarky!

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
There are some nice thoughtful people in the world

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Lets try the loving your enemy.

Jacinto Bernardo

I hope that what you have done in this life do not come back and bite you in the backside. Personally I think being a Marine is selling your soul but it all depends on how much damage you will have caused by your actions/behaviour and I hope for your sake it is small. I wish you well and that you find a job that is more morally ok. Good luck on all levels.

For followers of ISIS. I hope that you find spiritual maturity to grow up and stop killing and bullying people for stupid reasons like views of god or material gain.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I'm really shocked at the disrespect shown to our vets on here and truly hope this isn't the new 1965-1970. I was a military kid and my father went into the Corp when he was 17. There was a draft then, so some guys didn't have a choice. For others it was the patriotic thing to do, a career choice, or a way to get out of high school. Today they have a lot of incentives for going into the military. Look at our economy. Not an abundance of choices.

These guys come back with PTSD or worse. They are kids going in in most cases and don't enlist to murder. They don't get that concept (the reality of it), until they are deep into it. I haven't known one vet who didn't have some level of trauma from war. I've not known one who isn't also an upstanding, loyal, gentle person. The system may be screwed up (war period) but to blame the individuals is truly a step backwards.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

Not every MOS involves gunplay and killing, but as far as the ones that do, they don't seem to involve much thought prior to signing up for it. Everyone comes back all PTSD and tears talking about "You don't know what I went through", well who Effin cares, you signed up for it. You knew the situation, you knew you were going to be working for extremely questionable characters in positions of power you'd never even get to see. But whats most young infantry guy dream about? "Im gonna go kill me some ragheads!", then they find out its not fricking Call of Duty after they're wheeling themselves around crapping in a bag attached to their mobile chair.

Not all their faults I guess, most are just naïve, but before you sign your life away, anyone with half a brainwave would do some research into what you're really getting into.

One of my favorite sayings is "You knew the job was dangerous when you took it", I usually use it on a drunk friend whos found himself with a fat chick, but it applies here as well.

edit on 26-6-2014 by Bundy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join