It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Marine Asked His Bootcamp Buddy to Watch His House While He Was Stationed Overseas & He Never C

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+92 more 
posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 01:14 AM
link   
The bond between guys is strong but being Military brothers is even deeper

Here is a story of a retiring U.S. Marine --21 years-- who asked his old Marine buddy to watch his house while he and his family were stationed in Japan
The catch here--- the house was in need of major repairs and while he was gone, his comrade raised money and with the help of others, fixed his house up so when he returned home, the family was in for a great surprise...

A Marine Asked His Friend to Watch His House While He Was Gone...and the Guy Did $70,000 Worth of Renovations

Master Sergeant Jacinto Bernardo is an Iraq war veteran who just retired after 21 years in the Marines. Most recently, he and his family were stationed in Japan.

Back in January, he and his wife were finally able to buy a house in Suisun City, California, just north of San Francisco. But it was a MAJOR fixer upper, because that's all they could afford.

Now, before they left for Japan, Jacinto asked a Marine buddy named Jeremy Epperson to keep an eye on the house for him. But when he got home last week, he found out Jeremy did WAY better than that.

First, there was a limo waiting for him and his family at the airport. Then when they got to the house, they found out Jeremy had raised a bunch of money while they were gone . . . and did $70,000 worth of renovations on it.

Now this would make for a cool reality show
Raising money and helping Military Veterans, surprising them with home repairs and what not, especially for the disabled

What a wonderful thing for his friend to do...

Our government could learn a thing or 2 from them and the town's people

God Bless Marines!!
God Bless ALL of the Military!!

edit on 26-6-2014 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Stories like this give me faith in humanity, thanks for the share.

+28 more 
posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 01:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: KnowledgeSeeker81

> People trained to kill other people being nice to each other? Gives you faith in humanity?

It would be nice to see people helping strangers. It would be nice if these people stopped killing brown people.

Sorry, no time for people acting all nice when in the military! If you decide to choose a profession killling people you are NOT a nice person.

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Why not help out the millions of people who have lost their homes thanks to guys like this.

+28 more 
posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 01:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: greavsie1971

> People trained to kill other people being nice to each other? Gives you faith in humanity?

It would be nice to see people helping strangers. It would be nice if these people stopped killing brown people.

Sorry, no time for people acting all nice when in the military! If you decide to choose a profession killling people you are NOT a nice person.

Sigh.

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 01:37 AM
link   

+18 more 
posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 01:38 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 01:39 AM
link   

edit on 26-6-2014 by robbeh because: stupid mobile version fs :/

+14 more 
posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 01:40 AM
link   

+7 more 
posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 01:40 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 01:41 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 01:42 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 01:42 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 01:44 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 01:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo

Sigh.

My sentiments exactly....*shakes head*

+10 more 
posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: greavsie1971

I respect your views and am sorry if this thread offends you

But please do not derail the thread by spewing hatred towards the Military

Maybe you can do a thread in the 'Rant' forum concerning your feelings, but please, not here
Thank you

Much respect~
snarky

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth

Of course you dont believe my. Ive been in italy for 8 years getting treatment. Of course you dont believe this has not just happened to me. Of course you prefer to turn a blind eye and be distracted by feel good stories like this while the same 'nice soldiers' are not questioning their leaders orders.

especially after things like this....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This story is a distraction. It has all the hallmarks. Deny Ignorance.

edit on 26-6-2014 by greavsie1971 because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 01:57 AM
link   
a reply to: snarky412

Excellent...

In my opinion members of the military should be the ones receiving the 6 figure retirement amounts instead of Congress. Same with medical care among other things.

If you are going to ask our military to risk their lives then the least we can do is take care of them.

S & F

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 03:02 AM
link   

a reply to: SubTruth

Of course you dont believe my. Ive been in italy for 8 years getting treatment. Of course you dont believe this has not just happened to me. Of course you prefer to turn a blind eye and be distracted by feel good stories like this while the same 'nice soldiers' are not questioning their leaders orders.

especially after things like this....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This story is a distraction. It has all the hallmarks. Deny Ignorance.

I am reading your post and trying to deny your ignorance, and wishing we had more distractions like this story. The military gets more done before 5 am. than the white house and congress put together all year, I am with Xcathdra on this one they should be getting the 6 figure salary, and receive the congressional medical plan.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 03:11 AM
link   
a reply to: greavsie1971

Sure some marines kill, you're right. But while you assume every marine is in it to kill things I guess you don't realise that there are more roles out there than just infantrymen. What about at medics and surgeons who's daily job is to either declare someone dead or use all the means and technology available to help save someone's life soldier or civilian.

On topic, when I read the title as not all of it was there I was expecting to read that the marine didn't return home. How wrong was I, great story to read this morning thanks S+F

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join