It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America is fed up of me: Piers Morgan to quit CNN job !

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Hope it's true, can we celebrate?

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

O in not comparing the UK to the USA don’t get me wrong. We are in deep doo doo too. But certain Americans especially on ATS seem to like to point out that the 2nd protects them and the UK is doomed even though we are both really sharing the same gutter now. As you said guns or not the USA has gone the same way unfortunately.

Very true on that, and a point 'ol Piers never seemed to appreciate or note. I think my biggest turn off from him was the air of superiority. As if HE came from a land of sunshine and lollipops to educate us savages on the brutal society we've ignorantly chosen to have for ourselves... You can see how that may come across from Morgans monologues and guest lists.

Still, you are right there. All our guns have done nothing to give the Government more than some pause in how quickly they do it to us, what they are doing in other nations much quicker. It's happening just the same though. I think the only thing, to this point, our guns here HAVE done..and again, Piers missed this point entirely in his rage against them, IS cause that pause. The Government here has been a bit more careful, only because it matters more in America that us frogs don't know we're boiling alive. ....it hasn't stopped the cooking process tho, indeed.

edit on 24-2-2014 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Jay Leno is available.

CNN can't afford him. But if they could and he would....

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   
It's about time...
And it never was about his anti-gun stance.
we all just got sick of his highbrow better than you egomania.

We could send him back to GB... At least it'll give the HMS Astute something to shoot at while she conducts sea trials.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Piers who?

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Now if we could just get rid of Hannity. Maybe that's too much to ask for.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Or maybe this is all a part of the show? You guys will never get it

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
If we could just get rid of one blowhard from each side every week for the next two years...we'd be left with...

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Well. This is not a bad birthday present. Thanks to whomever is responsible.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
All this animosity towards a man no one has personally met. Mob mentality and TV culture at its finest.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Didn't CNN announce last year that they were cancelling this show?

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
He can't come back to the UK.

The Queen told him to # off, and once the Queen has spoken its game over. Plus we have had the fishwife Madonna for years, you owe us big time for that.

So your stuck with him

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   

727Sky
It is a by subscription only article, where he says his anti-gun stance alienated a large swath of the viewing audience which further eroded his viewing numbers and he feels (or is it CNN?)it is time to pull the plug..

Dear Brits please invite him back ... Maybe India would take him ?

www.thetimes.co.uk...

I personally loved it when Jesse Ventura went on his show. Jesse made him look like a fool and won over his crowd. It was one of the better episodes. In my opinion he should have stoped after that episode.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Aphorism
All this animosity towards a man no one has personally met. Mob mentality and TV culture at its finest.

I think your correct in your observation but it is what it is.
He was not the brightest man and people could see right through him and every thing he said on the show. The younger generation as well is starting to get more into politics, they do a hell of a lot more research then the older generations of which these shows cater too and I think its beginning to show.

So yes I agree that there is a mob menality going on but there is also reasons for people not to like him.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

With all due respect, I don't think the majority of the 'developed world' who would question American reaction to Mr. Morgan understand or, perhaps, CAN understand just how very serious we are here about that Constitution of ours.

I think we do understand just how much many Americans worship their sacrosanct Constitution.
There is much to be admired about it and to be proud of. Its without doubt a noble and well intentioned piece of legislation.....but its by no means unique and its power is in its implementation, of it all, and not just select bits that fit in with any individuals personal viewpoint. And if we are being honest large US corporations, senior politicians and the military complex are doing far more dishonour and disservice to it than Piers Morgan ever could.

It's something we've fought a bloody war over and were willing to lose everything to establish ...and are still wiling to lose everything to defend and maintain.

If we are being historically accurate no you didn't fight a war over it.
The American War of Independence was fought for just that, independence. And its roots were many and varied, mostly to do with displeasure at the perceived indifference and unfair treatment the American colonies were receiving from the British government. (Quite justified grievances in my opinion).

The Constitution wasn't drafted until several years after American independence had been achieved.

Morgan decided he'd make a habit and ongoing shtick of poking America about something he could see is a national crisis in terms of what one part of our population wants vs. the other...and it's civil strife he has 0 place in trying to stir up and make worse.

Morgan was employed by an American National TV company which broadcast on US National TV - surely he had every 'right' to stimulate discussion and debate on a subject that you yourself say is important to the American people, in fact its probably more accurate to say that gun ownership and related issues are some of the most important topics in the USA and is at the very essence of US culture.
Should he have ignored the whole subject simply because its an emotive one that many people of all viewpoints have strong and passionate beliefs on?
Is that really the shallow level of reporting you want from your TV programmers?

As said before.. Good Riddens to Bad Rubbish.

I understand that and share your low opinion of the man, just for different reasons it would seem.

The man is a fool....

That's being incredibly nice and polite, I'd describe him in much stronger terms.

.....and a menace to freedom loving people across the world.

What's more menacing is denying him the right to express his opinion just because you disagree with it.

Someone once said "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it", its something we should all bear in mind at times.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I am sure MSNBC will give Piers a job.

Second verse.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

10s of millions is a hell of a minority.
i agree with myself even more now.
shame on the rest for abandoning our ways.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   

dave_welch
Well. This is not a bad birthday present. Thanks to whomever is responsible.

It's my birthday today too!

The big Five-Oh, in fact.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

Good bye and good riddance! Don't come back we don't want you here.

Don't let the door hit ya on the way out.

-SAP-

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I shall weep a bitter tear...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join