It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America is fed up of me: Piers Morgan to quit CNN job !

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I disagree my furry friend. I'd be happy to hear an *AMERICAN* progressive for that role. What's Maddow doing? CNN can pick her up and insure they tank their ratings right to the 0 line.

The foreign voice telling us how America sucks and we're a gunpowder culture that needs correcting ..like an errant school child caught cheating or something..can just pack it's bags and be gone forever. I'm surprised that voice of idiocy lasted as long as it did.

How long would one of us last taking a position on the BBC to come and tell Brits, daily, about how they're a weak, wussified society that all but goes down on bent knee for a mugger in fear of what might be done to them if they don't supplicate?

I'm guessing we'd be thrown off...and with good reason...in VERY short order. Piers should have gotten that boot in his butt a LONG time before this.

When in Rome, you don't tell Caesar that 'he's slow and his momma dresses him funny'. You get invited to dinner with lots of lions and an audience.

edit on 24-2-2014 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Bisman
its sad that the only way to silence an anti american extremist, is if the company that pays him isnt making money off him anymore.

anti-American extremist?.... Pierce Morgan, are you kidding?....because of his stance on guns?....hyperbolic language anyone. you just called 10's of millions of American citizens "extremists"...does anyone own a dictionary anymore?

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   

signalfire
Whoop! Whoop! Whoop!

Great news!

But I don't think the UK wants him. Maybe it will be a reverse of the Snowden affair, where all the countries fight over NOT letting him in.

Let him work in on a channel in some third world African dictator run state where if the President doesn't agree with the colour of your tie, they hang you live on air.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000
reply to post by beezzer

I disagree my furry friend. I'd be happy to hear an *AMERICAN* progressive for that role. What's Maddow doing? CNN can pick her up and insure they tank their ratings right to the 0 line.

The foreign voice telling us how America sucks and we're a gunpowder culture that needs correcting ..like an errant school child caught cheating or something..can just pack it's bags and be gone forever. I'm surprised that voice of idiocy lasted as long as it did.

How long would one of us last taking a position on the BBC to come and tell Brits, daily, about how they're a weak, wussified society that all but goes down on bent knee for a mugger in fear of what might be done to them if they don't supplicate?

I'm guessing we'd be thrown off...and with good reason...in VERY short order. Piers should have gotten that boot in his butt a LONG time before this.

When in Rome, you don't tell Caesar that 'he's slow and his momma dresses him funny'. You get invited to dinner with lots of lions and an audience.

edit on 24-2-2014 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

We need to hear that though.

America doesn't "suck", though many laws and policies do. We, as a nation, should never be afraid of criticism, where ever it comes from.

As a nation, we've become too thin-skinned.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

When you're American and talking about a country half full of gun nuts running around like little armed madmen....I'd say the person suffers from a warped opinion of the topic and reality...or lives in an area of our fine nation where people other than cops simply don't carry weapons on a regular basis to see....nothing bad happens and shootouts down main street really don't occur (too often..anyway..lol j/k).

When it's a foreigner who makes absolutely no bones about the fact his whole persona is about being anything BUT American...being told the same things brings a backlash and a well earned one.

What I have to say on that is simple... Don't come to our country to run us down on our own news programs and television channels, night after night after night, as if it's the punch line to a joke ...then wonder why your audience is sick and tired of being insulted and talked down to like children.

Morgan made his own nightmare....now he gets to live in it.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Good riddance to the assclown..Ironically he prob got his biggest ratings from conservatives due to his anti gun stance.I.E tuning in to see what he says next.
edit on 24-2-2014 by greydaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

Dear Brits please invite him back ... Maybe India would take him ?

Love to help , no really , unfortunately we can't take him back it was written in to the T&Cs of him leaving.
Not sure about sending him to India but we used to have a tradition of sending our unwanted to Australia ...you may want to try there

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I'm afraid the Distance Selling Regulations of the United Kingdom state that you only have the right to change your mind and cancel an order up to 7 days after the order is placed.

So no. You have to keep him.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

2 words....Ted Nugent
2nd line

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

He's right. Rich people on TV annoy me enough. Rich Brits are even worse.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   

gortex
reply to post by 727Sky

Love to help , no really , unfortunately we can't take him back it was written in to the T&Cs of him leaving.
Not sure about sending him to India but we used to have a tradition of sending our unwanted to Australia ...you may want to try there

I hear Tierra Del Feugo is always in need of talent for news programs? McMurdo Station is surely in need of his wit and charm.

I'm sure 'ol Piers can tie up to a new dock somewhere on this big planet. Surely..someone will take in the lost puppy before seeing it's Cujo in disguise.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Uhm? Can't take criticism? Or only in the way that it must be said on foreign news-channels, so you don't have to know about it?

awwww, poor little insecure bun-bun..

*scnr*, but being so thin-skinned is nothing to be proud of, I think. Someone on your tv telling you things you don't want to hear? Well, I get that with every gym-oriented program, I guess. I ignore them, because that is another possible way to deal with criticism.. Don't see, hear or talk about it.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   
he worked for the NWO if you happened to see his show you would have seen it

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Piers Morgan is an odious man.

I assure you, he is no more liked here in the UK than he is in the USA.....but it seems for different reasons.

In the UK he is recognised as the epitome of 'a complete twat' - he is pompous, arrogant and opinionated. He has somehow ingratiated himself into the self-obsessed, egotistical incestuous celebrity - media circle of morons who seem to dominate the inane dumbed down TV and tabloid press.

I have never watched any of his US TV programmes, I can only imagine how terrible they must be. And I have no doubt that the majority of Americans have come to the same conclusion about Morgan as we in the UK have.
But I've got to say the one bit of admiration I have for him is in his attempt to stimulate discussion in the US about The Second Amendment.
From the outside looking in it seems that any attempt to enter into a public debate on gun control and The Second Amendment is immediately labelled un-Constitutional and anyone who opposes the NRA or supports increased gun control is demonised as anti-American.

Isn't it ironic that in the country that likes to portray itself as The Land Of The Free many people who wish to voice their right to freedom of speech are vilified and despised.
And to further increase the irony it seems to be those very same people who seek to deny open debate and freedom of speech who then seek to moralise and lecture non-Americans about how those who reside in the USA by virtue of its sacred Constitution are allowed so many more freedoms and civil liberties that are allegedly denied the citizens and residents of every other country.

I understand that people dislike Morgan because he is an absolute wanker and twat....I can't understand why people hate him so much just because he has a different opinion and tried to stimulate public discussion.
edit on 24/2/14 by Freeborn because: grammar and clarity

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   

727Sky

We dont want him back!

Send him to canada!

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   

ManFromEurope

Uhm? Can't take criticism? Or only in the way that it must be said on foreign news-channels, so you don't have to know about it?

Oh, I take criticism just fine. After all, honest critique is the only way we advance and develop in personal skills, is it not?

What I get tired of and have a very low tolerance for are people who come into my nation from others and believe they can ram their ideas and their own national concepts of right and just policy down our throats from the soapbox of an American news organization.

If he'd like to sit in a BBC chair and throw stones..I'll call him the fool he is and expend no more energy than that toward thinking about him and his opinions. However, seeing him on an American news channels, running down American core values and principles simply showed his profound ignorance of our society. That doesn't even rise to the level of Newstainment. It's simply objectionable. Just like he is.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Krusty the Klown
Whoever mentioned Australia as a possible destination for Piers you may want to watch this.....

There's no disputing that he's a complete and utter bell end (I can't stand him) but fair play to him for standing there for so many balls.

He took it, manned up and didn't cry or quit, I'd like to see a few others stand there like he did.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

Oh now now... Why do you hate Canada so much?

What did they do? Use Endor as a toxic waste dump? Your hate is so extreme my furry friend. (gasp of horror)

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000
reply to post by crazyewok

Oh now now... Why do you hate Canada so much?

What did they do? Use Endor as a toxic waste dump? Your hate is so extreme my furry friend. (gasp of horror)

They gave us Justien Beiber.....enough said!

They give as Justein Bieber we send them piers morgan.....Fair trade me thinks

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   

blupblup
He took it, manned up and didn't cry or quit, I'd like to see a few others stand there like he did.

I agree. People can despise Piers Morgan's opinions as much as they like but he comes from a very long line of "True Brits with True Grit". He is a tough guy behind that scrambled accent. He's got one of those titanium British back bones.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join