It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America is fed up of me: Piers Morgan to quit CNN job !

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Definitely agree with you mate, you just can't talk about certain things in the US.
You're allowed freedom of speech and even the likes of the KKK can march around with their hate and their signs.... all kinds of poisonous, disgusting opinions are allowed.

But someone who is against guns and against innocent children being slaughtered in schools...speaking out against guns and showing how the gun culture is a destructive one.

That is where the gun nuts draw the line.

I think this perfectly sums it up.

edit on 24/2/14 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

What a great way to start a week.

Another dolt for Oprah's channel.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   

beezzer

Wrabbit2000
reply to post by beezzer

I disagree my furry friend. I'd be happy to hear an *AMERICAN* progressive for that role. What's Maddow doing? CNN can pick her up and insure they tank their ratings right to the 0 line.

The foreign voice telling us how America sucks and we're a gunpowder culture that needs correcting ..like an errant school child caught cheating or something..can just pack it's bags and be gone forever. I'm surprised that voice of idiocy lasted as long as it did.

How long would one of us last taking a position on the BBC to come and tell Brits, daily, about how they're a weak, wussified society that all but goes down on bent knee for a mugger in fear of what might be done to them if they don't supplicate?

I'm guessing we'd be thrown off...and with good reason...in VERY short order. Piers should have gotten that boot in his butt a LONG time before this.

When in Rome, you don't tell Caesar that 'he's slow and his momma dresses him funny'. You get invited to dinner with lots of lions and an audience.

edit on 24-2-2014 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

We need to hear that though.

America doesn't "suck", though many laws and policies do. We, as a nation, should never be afraid of criticism, where ever it comes from.

As a nation, we've become too thin-skinned.

Thin skinned is being nice.. We've become a mass of wussy politically correct afraid little children...

What happened to being able to actually call it like it is? We lost that with having to be mindful that nowadays the word Outrageous means Gay (i'm just being facetious there, I don't know that one for sure, but I had to pick something that wasn't really on the "list") and we can't say it lest we offend a huge segment of the population... What ever happened to being able to actually dislike someone for the sake of disliking them? Now you have to be afraid that if you don't like someone you are called a homophobe or racist, like with Obama, I just don't like the guy. But everyone calls me racist because I don't like his policies and I just don't like him, even friends of mine scream racist forgetting the fact that at the time Obama first ran I would have GLADLY and without hesitation voted for Colin Powell, no questions asked.

But you're a racist scum if you don't absolutely love Obama (people that know my background and what I look like will understand why I think this is a total irony)

It's the way of the country now, make us all afraid of our own shadows so when the shadow comes for you, you will be a scared timid little girl..

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   
When do we get to send him back? I feel sorry for the next nation he's passed off too.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   

He certainly has a First Amendment right to express his opinion free of government interference. That doesn't mean that the public has to agree with him, nor does it negate their First Amendment right to disagree loudly if they so wish.

Otherwise, this is the best news of the day. I vote for deporting him to North Korea.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

Larry King wants to come back.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I only watched his show once, when he interviewed Robert Blake. It was a great interview.

I think Morgan and his producers wanted to use controversy to get more attention and higher ratings, they pushed too far, and in the wrong directions, he put himself into issues that he should have stayed away from, or at least tried to be neutral on. It should have been a show with primary focus on celebrities and entertainment.

He may have destroyed his career.

Too bad for all 14 regular viewers he had. What will they watch now?
edit on 24-2-2014 by ausername because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I knew this would turn into something about guns.

When was the last time Piers Morgan went to one of our cities and asked the residents how they would feel about not being able to legally carry guns? I doubt he ever did, but could be wrong because I can't stand to watch him for more then 2 minutes.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I think he should move to some remote part of the Sahara desert and do his crappy shows there where he will have an appropriate sized audience for his.... hosting ability's.

When we, the UK sent him over to you, we put a "NO RETURNS, NO EXCHANGES" on the back

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   
We were fed up with him in the uk...and now the usa is fed of him...let see if the penny drops and he takes the hint.. its just his own self importance thats propping him up.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Great video - "...you'll get 1776 all over again"
"Shouty prick or slimy prick"
They both got a bit of a chuckle out of me.

They just don't seem to understand how things like this just help reinforce the image the rest of the developed world has about the USA and Americans in general.

The level of what can only be described as vehement hatred directed towards Morgan simply because he had the audacity to try and stimulate a public debate on such an important issue reeks of something akin to acute paranoia.

Another thing I find quite bizarre and which highlights one of the glaring differences between the UK and the USA is how this confirmed Murdoch acolyte, devoted Thatcherite and epitome of Middle England is viewed as a Progressive and Liberal in the states. The mind truly boggles.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   

They just don't seem to understand how things like this just help reinforce the image the rest of the developed world has about the USA and Americans in general.

With all due respect, I don't think the majority of the 'developed world' who would question American reaction to Mr. Morgan understand or, perhaps, CAN understand just how very serious we are here about that Constitution of ours. It's something we've fought a bloody war over and were willing to lose everything to establish ...and are still wiling to lose everything to defend and maintain.

If his topic had been the 'silly notion' of the 4th Amendment...or the 'crazy concept' of the 1st (After all, hate speech IS a defined and punishable thing in England and other nations...) he would have gotten precisely the same backlash, and perhaps more of it, to be honest. the 1st or 4th would have easily rallied MORE people against him, where firearms is a segment and not the overall total of the population for a touchy topic.

Morgan decided he'd make a habit and ongoing shtick of poking America about something he could see is a national crisis in terms of what one part of our population wants vs. the other...and it's civil strife he has 0 place in trying to stir up and make worse.

As said before.. Good Riddens to Bad Rubbish. The man is a fool and a menace to freedom loving people across the world.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I think the UK would repect the 2nd alot more if you guys actually USED IT!

So far all you do is proudly wave it around while sitting stroking your AR 15's while talking big behind the internet.
But that’s it.
You government is still growing, your police state still expanding and your freedoms dying quicker than old people in a heat wave.

If all you gun owners marched on DC an removed all the Politian’s and High court judges and tried them individually for high treason and war crimes, disbanded the republicans and democrat parties and help a new fresh round of elections then marched on Langley, the pentagon and the NSA HQ and did the same to all the top commanders and administrators and put all the data collection banks to the touch I think the UK and the rest of the world would be cheering for your 2nd.

But no, you will sit there talking big over the net while next election the same old Politian’s get in and carry on with there lies, corruption and treasonous ways. Your republic to me had failed. The two party system means your voteing is pointless now as the same scum will always win and your high court judges are mostly playing along to the same corruption (though there seems to be a few exceptions).

Your founding fathers rise up against the British government for far less, If they could see the US now I bet they would think why they hell didn’t you use the 2nd sooner as they put it there to stop the USA becoming what it is now.

Someone needs to take out the trash again.
edit on 24-2-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   

khimbar
I'm afraid the Distance Selling Regulations of the United Kingdom state that you only have the right to change your mind and cancel an order up to 7 days after the order is placed.

So no. You have to keep him.

I guess we can put him on a plane to Canada... He can be roommates with Justin Beiber.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

Good riddance!

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   
He was serious about what he was spewing?

I thought it was the Networks 'Comedy hour'

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

You government is still growing, your police state still expanding and your freedoms dying quicker than old people in a heat wave.

It's important to note...The GCHQ is no lemonade stand for good works or pure intentions. We have our police state..and you have yours. Guns don't seem to have made any difference for that coming up as one society is armed to the teeth and the other..armed in gun clubs they get to visit occasionally. Both...have gone the same way.

More importantly tho..and really important here,..the 2nd isn't about grabbing our guns and going out to start or find trouble. We have prisons for those folks. It's about not being dragged from our homes or seeing our neighbors likewise abused by authority ..and having nothing but bad language to use in defense, if ever we see the rubber meet the road in such a direct way.

If we used our guns every time it looked bad, we'd deserve to have them all taken and destroyed, lest we get someone hurt or something.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Fylgje

Replace him with Axl Rose!!

Lifetime gold.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000

It's important to note...The GCHQ is no lemonade stand for good works or pure intentions. We have our police state..and you have yours. Guns don't seem to have made any difference for that coming up as one society is armed to the teeth and the other..armed in gun clubs they get to visit occasionally. Both...have gone the same way.

O in not comparing the UK to the USA don’t get me wrong. We are in deep doo doo too. But certain Americans especially on ATS seem to like to point out that the 2nd protects them and the UK is doomed even though we are both really sharing the same gutter now. As you said guns or not the USA has gone the same way unfortunately.

Wrabbit2000
If we used our guns every time it looked bad, we'd deserve to have them all taken and destroyed, lest we get someone hurt or something.

Thing is I think the system in both our country’s is beyond looking bad. USA I’d say its worse than 1776. Tyranny then was a few taxes and not be represented properly in government, tyranny now is lots of heavy taxes to fund broken social programs, a oppressive police state, out of control domestic spying, foreign wars that have nothing to do with US defence and giving bribes....sorry I mean "aid" both military and financially to country’s that support the opposite values to the USA and to top it off like 1776 you’re not getting proper representation due to your two party system where both parties are purely out for their own interests and not the people they represent. To me that beyond looking bad. And voting and elections in afraid to me won’t fix the issue in the USA or UK. The same people have rigged the system so they will always get in. We both need a clean out and a fresh slate.

Im not going to hold the UK up as any example. To me UK, USA, Canada, Australia and new Zealand are like a big family. We all at the end of the day share similiar history, culture and values and we all unfortatly seem to be suffering from the same problem. And we need to take out the trash we have in office.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
That would be great! Send him back to the UK. We will also give y'all bill orielly and rush Limbaugh for free!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join