It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukraine in Turmoil. Fears of East/West Schism. Russia Talking to East UA. Updates!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1972

Now anyone, anywhere and tape it "as it happens" and it goes viral in a heartbeat.

Now anyone, anywhere can stage their own propaganda and it will go viral because people assume it really happened. Trust no-one.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Russia'sot every right to take back the Ukraine, or at least the part that leans its way. They used to say in Moscow of Ukraine "it's not a real country" and they will expect this to stay the same, or face more NATO/EU encroachment on their territory.

The possible divide of Ukraine may well be a done deal months ago, by both East and West. For both may have agreed on the reality that something is better than nothing.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   

andy1972

daaskapital

Agent_USA_Supporter
reply to post by daaskapital

media stations always play an important role during revolutions or protests.

The majority of the times its the western news outlets that play that part desperately and have failed in Syria.

I agree, but when i say media stations, i am generally referring to local ones, residing in a nation which is experiencing upheavals. The media is an effective medium, and that is why revolutionaries and protestors are quick to target them.

Government controled media was good until the advent of movil phones with 8 mega pixel cameras and HD video.

Now anyone, anywhere and tape it "as it happens" and it goes viral in a heartbeat. That they can't control, so effectively media brainwashing has had it's day. They can tell us all they want, but in the end the truth will out.

Wine is strong.
The king is stronger.
Women are stronger still.
But the truth conquers all.

I'd say that there is still some crazy media brainwashing going on - Fox News, etc...

Historically though, media stations were large targets in these types of events, especially radio stations, as it is proven to be more of an effective medium than TV or print...

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Agent_USA_Supporter
LOL has anyone read that Hague is pushing for an IMF loan for Ukraine?
That should suck em dry like Greece!

After IMF loan for Ukraine fail then comes the most awaited and beloved by the Cheering protesters Austerity packages!!!
Three Cheers for the Austerity packages!
edit on 22-2-2014 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

The mafia..sorry, the IMF , will give the new kids on the block a loan. Then they will say to the Ukraine -
"Someday, and that day may never come, i will call upon you to do a service for me but until that day, accept this loan as gift"

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   

DJW001

Now anyone, anywhere and tape it "as it happens" and it goes viral in a heartbeat.

Now anyone, anywhere can stage their own propaganda and it will go viral because people assume it really happened. Trust no-one.

That my friend, is true. It's a double edged sword. But, one thing is certain, information and dis-information is now a two way street, while before, it was monopolised by the government.

link   
double post- sorry.
edit on AM6Sat20141972 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

link   
Protestors toppling Lenin statues...

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   

andy1972

Agent_USA_Supporter

After IMF loan for Ukraine fail then comes the most awaited and beloved by the Cheering protesters Austerity packages!!!

The mafia..sorry, the IMF , will give the new kids on the block a loan. Then they will say to the Ukraine -
"Someday, and that day may never come, i will call upon you to do a service for me but until that day, accept this loan as gift"

Bosnia and Herzegovina seem to be doing ok after taking loans from the IMF. Since they are a fraction of the size of Ukraine and a fraction of the economy, Ukraine will do just fine.
edit on 22-2-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Kharkiv Mayor @GennadyKernes, Governor Dobkin flee Ukraine, cross border in Russia – @interfaxua, acting interior ministry's spokesperson

— KyivPost (@KyivPost) February 22, 2014

twitter.com...

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Absolutely genius - On the part of the Ukraine Pm and Russia.

Ukraine protesters take Kiev; president says coup

Call it a coup, opening the door for Russia to send in troops to support the "legitimate" government of Ukraine. Going down this road would allow Russia to intervene in the entire country instead of just the east portion of it.

this should be interesting...

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Xcathdra

andy1972

Agent_USA_Supporter

Bosnia and Herzegovina seem to be doing ok after taking loans from the IMF. Since they are a fraction of the size of Ukraine and a fraction of the economy, Ukraine will do just fine.

Bosnia doesnt have oil and gas natural...the bankers arn't bothered about them.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   

andy1972

Xcathdra

andy1972

Agent_USA_Supporter

Then its a wonder why the IMF would spend any resources on Bosnia / Herzegovina if there is nothing to gain in return. Why waste resources on a small backwards country? All the more reason to support Ukraine, since they have the ability to support themselves and repay the loans.

As for Greece you should check with Germany, not the IMF.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Bosnia and Herzegovina seem to be doing ok after taking loans from the IMF

I am not sure what your talking or what your taking i am quite sure Bosnia and Herzegovina seem to be doing ok after taking loans from the IMF Lets ignore all the Balkan protesters that were occurring last month and yeah they arent finished yet.

But as always Xcathdra your wrong, Bosnia isn't well after taking loans from the IMF. Nice lie though.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Xcathdra

andy1972

Xcathdra

andy1972

Agent_USA_Supporter

Then its a wonder why the IMF would spend any resources on Bosnia / Herzegovina if there is nothing to gain in return. Why waste resources on a small backwards country? All the more reason to support Ukraine, since they have the ability to support themselves and repay the loans.

As for Greece you should check with Germany, not the IMF.

They're buying up the old eastern block a country at a time, western europe as well.
""Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who makes it's laws" — Mayer Amschel Bauer Rothschild
Soon all europe will belong to one central bank, and who controls the bank, controls europe.

link   

As usual your more into defending the EU/ IMF why i am not surprised.

link   

Exactly.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   

China will face the same fate the Soviet Union did.

You might as well join McCain's sinking ship on the armed service war monger. But fact is America would be facing the same fate as the Soviet Union did.

Not all empires can last forever and neither cant America.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   

and invoking the words of a man who died in 1812 does what, exactly?

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Xcathdra

andy1972

Agent_USA_Supporter

As for your claim that Bosnia is doing well.

New Discontent Surfaces in Bosnia

BELGRADE, Feb 22 2014 (IPS) - Thousands of people have rallied in streets of major Bosnian cities since last week, demanding social justice, decent living conditions and resignation of top officials who they openly blame for unprecedented poverty and the country’s economic decline.

Data from the central Bosnian statistics office puts the unemployment rate at 44 percent. It says that one in five out of 3.8 million people in Bosnia live below the poverty line. For the employed, the average monthly salary is 570 dollars.

I can see just how Great The help from the IMF has being indeed. Still waiting actual proof from you.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

I was responding to another persons post. If Bosnia is not worth anything why is the IMF making funds available to them? The IMF cant force a loan, so apparently Bosnia was in worse shape than what people think if they took a loan, right?

Ukraine is nothing like Bosnia, they have resources and an understanding of government / global responsibility. If we concentrate on just Ukraine, an IMF loan serves an important function, should Ukraine need them. What is not served is the Ukrainian people, even more so when Putin wishes to reinstate the former Soviet union.

If the Ukrainian government followed Ukrainian law in removing the head of the government, then why is there an issue on either side, Russia or the west?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join