It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukraine in Turmoil. Fears of East/West Schism. Russia Talking to East UA. Updates!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Ukrainian President has been dismissed by Parliament. Date of election to be May 25th

Earlier:Ukrainian President claims he is not resigning, blames the parliament for passing illegal laws.

It is alleged that Ukrainian President, Viktor Yanukovych, has resigned from his office. Protestors outside of the Ukrainian parliament in Kiev have responded to the news with celebrations.

" Huge crowd outside parliament in Kiev told president has resigned. Cheering hugging celebrations

— Phil Williams (@PhilWilliamsABC) February 22, 2014"

www.abc.net.au...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RT:

There are numerous reports, including one from a member of parliament, that Ukraine’s embattled President Viktor Yanukovych has resigned on Feb. 22 and fled the country.

However, his loyal adviser, member of parliament Hanna Herman, says Yanukovych has not resigned. The report that he quit came from opposition member of parliament Ivan Kyrylenko, according to Interfax-Ukraine news service.

www.kyivpost.com...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From the BBC:

An opposition figure has announced to crowds in Independence Square that the president has resigned. This has not been confirmed, but the crowds reacted with huge cheers. The presidential website appears to have gone down.

The Ukrainian Parliament has moved to order the immediate release of opposition leader Yulia Tymoshenko.

Members of the Ukrainian government are resigning, leaving their places to be filled by others:

Also in parliament, speaker Volodymyr Rybak resigned, citing ill health. He has been replaced by Oleksandr Turchynov, an ally of Ms Tymoshenko.

Another Tymoshenko ally, Arsen Avakov, has been appointed interim interior minister. He replaces Vitaly Zakharchenko, who was sacked on Friday after being blamed for the deaths of civilians in last week's crackdown on protests.

www.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 22-2-2014 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

If true then I suspect that the west will want to put their own interim puppet until the can have,, hmm free and open elections .

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Security forces have expressed unity with the people. The President is believed to be either in Eastern Ukraine or In Russia. The Ukrainian government is all but gone.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   

While this is good news, I don't think it will be the end of trouble, Putin won't relinquish control this easily.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Ukrainian President addresses nation, states that he is not resigning. He is blaming the parliament for passing illegal laws.

It looks like he will lose his power whether he likes it or not...

Maybe time for him to call Russia, lol.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   

beezzer

While this is good news, I don't think it will be the end of trouble, Putin won't relinquish control this easily.

wow beezze are you in favor of fascists controlling Europe?

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I am quite surprised to see a few people on here supporting an armed coup.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   
For those supporting the peaceful protesters here's another picture of them holding arms i am quite sure they are very peacefully.

This is truly a Dark Day For Ukraine as fascism takes over and while here cheer with it.
edit on 22-2-2014 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Been reading through the other thread and it is hard to say how this will work out .In fact it doesn't look like it's going to unless there becomes a divided 2 state thing ,east/west .I think those extremest really need to take a back seat in order for the rest of the country to work this out calmly . And the west should shut their moths and stop adding fuel to what could be a nasty fire .I hear they shut visa and paypal down along with the ATM's .it's not looking good at all .:>(

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   

beezzer

Completely agree. I think The Ukrainian President may use his last, and diminishing power to call for Russian assistance. It is the only way i see it happening, considering the East supports Russia, and the West, Europe.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Agent_USA_Supporter

beezzer

Nope. But there is so much corruption with the President's administration there that I'm somewhat cynical of a peaceful resolution to the current crisis.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

I think we are more so supporting the will of the people. They stood up against a government they didn't approve of or want representing them. Before anyone argues that fact they'd better take a look at what percentage of their population is out there fighting...this wouldn't be going down so quickly nor as easily as it has if there wasn't a good strong majority involved.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   

beezzer

Agent_USA_Supporter

beezzer

Nope. But there is so much corruption with the President's administration there that I'm somewhat cynical of a peaceful resolution to the current crisis.

You do know whatever or not the next or the same administration from 2010 corruption will still stay right?

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Agent_USA_Supporter

Why?

If it happened in the US you'd be the first to come out of their skin with elation I'd suspect.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Agent_USA_Supporter

beezzer

Agent_USA_Supporter

beezzer

You do know whatever or not the next or the same administration from 2010 corruption will still stay right?

And there will be more fighting and killing and Russia will support their groups and the EU will support their side and on and on and on and on. . . .

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Well, not every country has a population that has one quarter of the peeps thing the sun goes round the earth, and has voting machines that can be hacked by chimps.
you can't just slide a dictator like Obama in every where like they did in the US.

Some places you've got to pay to put dictators into power AND use violence

I wonder what kind of shaw they are going to get?
A Pol Pot...or hitlary clinton

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Here's footage of the President's speech. Don't understand it, but thought i'd post it anyway, for our Ukrainian brothers on here.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   

RickyD
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

I think we are more so supporting the will of the people. They stood up against a government they didn't approve of or want representing them. Before anyone argues that fact they'd better take a look at what percentage of their population is out there fighting...this wouldn't be going down so quickly nor as easily as it has if there wasn't a good strong majority involved.

Oh please dont give me this BS, about we are more so supporting the will of the people, just like we should we should be we are more so supporting the will of the people in Syria so they can the same Freedoms as Iraq and Qatar have.

Before anyone argues that fact they'd better take a look at what percentage of their population is out there fighting

Let me correct you on that one before you argue that suggestion you should know that Ukraine is an nation of 48 million and these protesters are just in a few 50,000 or less.

Don't forget in the last past weeks MSM outlets stopped reporting the numbers of the protesters.

if there wasn't a good strong majority involved

There wasn't it you know this worked? Threats. Threats can work if you know how to use them inculding if the enemy is weak minded and thats what happened here..

Also.

Yanukovic says he won't resign + calls it a Fascist Revolution like 1933 Germany. Depending on who believes him this could still get nasty

I agree with Yanukovic this does feel alot like Fascist Revolution like 1933 Germany. But hey you believe the MSM whatever they say to you dont you?

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   

He says its this just like the Fascist Revolution like in 1933 Germany. When Hilter took over

I believe him.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   

SLAYER69

Agent_USA_Supporter

Why?

If it happened in the US you'd be the first to come out of their skin with elation I'd suspect.

No i wouldn't and couldn't care less the majority of the American public are basically idiots whom wouldnt how to protest or revolt.

No offense and i dont meant to all Americans.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join