It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukraine in Turmoil. Fears of East/West Schism. Russia Talking to East UA. Updates!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Everybody in this thread is aware that 95% of Ukraine just wants the violence to stop? Correct?

Everybody is talking like this is Ukraine wide...it's not. It's (relatively speaking) very small numbers making a very big mess.

For the majority of Ukraine's populations sake, it would be cool if Russia and the West stopped the proxy BS for a bit.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Actually what that article demonstrates is the failure of the government of Bosnia, not the IMF.

If the Bosnian government knew what they were doing, it might not have needed IMF loans to start with.

back to Ukraine -

If the Ukraine government lawfully removed the PM, why is it an issue?

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I hope we are not witnessing the beginnings of another Syria, seems awfully familiar.
edit on 22-2-2014 by all2human because: (no reason given)

link   

peck420
Everybody in this thread is aware that 95% of Ukraine just wants the violence to stop? Correct?

Everybody is talking like this is Ukraine wide...it's not. It's (relatively speaking) very small numbers making a very big mess.

For the majority of Ukraine's populations sake, it would be cool if Russia and the West stopped the proxy BS for a bit.

To an extent I agree.

To add more though, I think it also a proxy between what Russia wants to reinstate and the west's determination to prevent a second cold war.

If Ukraine wishes to align itself with Russia, that's up to the Ukrainian people, and same goes for alignment to the EU / West. If the government of Ukraine lawfully removed the PM, whats the issue?

link   

Xcathdra
reply to post by andy1972

and invoking the words of a man who died in 1812 does what, exactly?

The words of the man who died in 1812 ring as true today as they did 202 years ago.
Once the IMF (world bank) loans a country money, its in it's debt for ever, and the little fact that the IMF is owned by Nathan M Rothschild, gives the quote a little more weight.

Once you control a country financially, you control it's political policy aswell, you control who it deals with and who it goes to war with.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Xcathdra

Actually what that article demonstrates is the failure of the government of Bosnia, not the IMF.

If the Bosnian government knew what they were doing, it might not have needed IMF loans to start with.

back to Ukraine -

Nice quick defending of the IMF.
not the IMF.
Care to explain your defense of the IMF Mafia?

Actually what that article demonstrates is the failure of the government of Bosnia

Sounds like you missed the quotes but hey thats fine at least i know what you support.

I guess your in favor of armed coups backed by western nations then.

(post by Agent_USA_Supporter removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Well what, another twist to whats happening.
Ukraine Protests: Israeli Ex-Officer Leads Militant Group

A former Israeli army officer is playing a leading role in the anti-government protests in Ukraine, PressTV has reported.
According to reports, the unnamed Israeli is commanding a group of 20 Ukrainian militants while four other Israelis, who had also previously served in the army, are reported to have taken part in opposition rallies in Ukraine's capital, Kiev.
The Israelis were born in Ukraine but migrated to Israel and joined its armed forces before returning to the European country for the demonstrations.

Ukrainian media has also said that an Israeli tycoon provides financial support to the opposition in Ukraine, adding that Israel's Mossad intelligence agency is one of the instigators of the unrest in the country.
Despite calls by Jewish leaders to remain neutral, young Jews have been on the front lines of protests against Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovich, the Jerusalem Post wrote last December.

Alexandra Oleynikova, a young Jewish activist involved in organizing Limmud conferences, told the Post that while some Jews stayed away out of fear, other young Ukrainian Jews who work for international organizations such as JDC, Hillel and Limmud are "really active" in offering support as well as "organizing the barricades".

uk.news.yahoo.com...

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Xcathdra

If Bosnia is not worth anything why is the IMF making funds available to them? The IMF cant force a loan.

Greed is a great temptation.-

"Bosnia has sent a letter of intent to the IMF asking for the extension of its current EUR 390mn stand-by loan deal with the fund, which will expire in September 2014 , the IMF's resident representative in Sarajevo , Ruben Atoyan , was quoted as saying by Dnevni Avaz daily. "

Now they owe the IMF even more.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Xcathdra
To an extent I agree.

To add more though, I think it also a proxy between what Russia wants to reinstate and the west's determination to prevent a second cold war.

If Ukraine wishes to align itself with Russia, that's up to the Ukrainian people, and same goes for alignment to the EU / West. If the government of Ukraine lawfully removed the PM, whats the issue?

And as Ukraine has shown, repeatedly, that they are undecided, what right does either side have to push the issue?

Ukraine needs a friend, not a controller, and so far, that puts the EU and Russia out as they want control, not friendship.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
As I keep on stating, no way in hell will the Right wing back off.
New development.

'I'll be fighting Jews and Russians till I die': Notorious Ukrainian right-wing militants aiming for power

Kalashnikov-wielding activists from Ukraine's radical nationalist opposition group, Right Sector, have pledged to resort to arms in their fight against those involved in "lawlessness" and looting, saying they will shoot to restore "order and discipline."

"I warn you, if anyone in this town, this area, engages in 'lawlessness' and looting, Right Sector squads will shoot the bastards on the spot. Then there will be order and discipline," one of the radical nationalist opposition group leaders, Aleksandr Muzychko, said on Friday.

On February 21, when Berkut police officers arrived in the western Ukrainian town of Rovno from Kiev, Muzychko said that if he met them on a battlefield, his hand "would not tremble."

"I would shoot," the Right Sector leader declared in Rovno, where his supporters have already equipped themselves with Kalashnikov rifles.

"If tomorrow these bastards [police] in Kiev won't stop, we'll take over military units, get hold of armored personnel carriers and tanks - we know how to operate them - and go to Kiev. Victory will be ours," Muzychko warned earlier this week.

rt.com...

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   

peck420
And as Ukraine has shown, repeatedly, that they are undecided, what right does either side have to push the issue?

Ukraine needs a friend, not a controller, and so far, that puts the EU and Russia out as they want control, not friendship.

In the past the USSR stuck it's boot up their rear.

Just read the replies so far.

Russia will do this

Russia will do that

Russia wont let them

etc etc etc

That kinda friend?

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Bosnia is not required to accept IMF loans. When they do its because of internal financial issues, which is a direct result of the government failing to be good stewards of the peoples money.

Its a failing of government, not IMF rule.

Secondly, I never stated I supported the IMF, so stop trying to put words in my mouth. I asked why the purpose was of invoking a quote from 200 years ago?

third the IMF charter has nothing to do with the Rothschild's. It was formed in 1947 with 29 founding nations and today it includes 188 member nations.

A country is not forced to be a member and its not forced to accept loans.

Just as Ukraine has the options. Why is the IMF being invoked in a discussion about Ukraine?

Do you think Russia has a right to invade Ukraine? If so, does that same right apply to the EU / West?

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   

peck420

Xcathdra
To an extent I agree.

If they are undecided why did Ukrainians begin protesting the decision to go with Russia? Or are we seeing a vocal minority?

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   

peck420

Everybody is talking like this is Ukraine wide...it's not.

Are you aware that only about 3-4% of the people in 1776 fought against the British? It hardly takes a supermajority to overthrow a government power. All it takes is enough pissed off people. The 95% you speak of cower under their beds while the bullets fly, and then come out and are "OK" with whatever power has assumed control. It's always been that way, and it always will be. The Ukraine is no exception.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Its a failing of government, not IMF rule.

Your still defending the IMF Mafia. The Bosnian Governments both sides had 20 plus nearing 30 years and the IMF to solve the crisis what they did and where did the money go to? to the politicians.

third the IMF charter has nothing to do with the Rothschild's. It was formed in 1947 with 29 founding nations and today it includes 188 member nations.

The usual defense point of someone defending the IMF.
edit on 22-2-2014 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Scumbag is trying to flee

An unconfirmed report, via Reuters and the Russian Interfax news agency, says President Viktor Yanukovich made a failed attempt to flee the country. The report quoted Ukraine’s parliamentary speaker, Oleksander Turchynov, an opponent of the president, saying Yanukovich tried to board a plane to Russia, had been prevented from doing so, and was now in the Donetsk region.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

And Scumbag Timoschenko wants to re rule Ukraine All over again, so much for Democracy. Might as well make her the Queen of Ukraine.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

By the way xavi1000 i can clearer see that you not only support the Fascist opposition but you support the same ones that were blessed by Sen McCain.

Ironic.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join