It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukraine in Turmoil. Fears of East/West Schism. Russia Talking to East UA. Updates!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   
The Ukrainian Parliament has voted to dismiss the President. They have also set an election for May 25th.

Something tells me something drastic would have happened by then.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   

stirling
That last ..........daas the ominous rumblings of Russian tanks to follow?
Very likely ImHO....

Agreed. Things are not looking so good.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   

stirling
That last ..........daas the ominous rumblings of Russian tanks to follow?
Very likely ImHO....

Not until the Olympics are over. Russian invasions during the Olympics have proved unpopular in the past. Most likely the country will have a series of elections that will separate the eastern and western portions. Russia can afford to lose part of the country to Europe so long as they get to keep their access to the sea.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   
German TV reports the Ukrainian parliament just voted to dismiss Yanukowych and set new election day for May 25.

Yanukowychs 1933-Nazi-comparison wasn't much appreciated here, when it seems more like 1989. And just as dangerous. I feel like people still don't realize how dangerous the situation is right now.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Now they take over media: Ukraine's Inter TV evacuated amid threats of of violent takeover.

Peaceful protesters according to some here.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ColCurious

Yanukowychs 1933-Nazi-comparison wasn't much appreciated here

Actually to me it makes sense and honestly whatever or not the election takes place in May this year it wont even matter why? that election wont be Democratic if the Fatherland wins or the fascists Just wait and you will see.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Being I posted the article and did not comment on it I am curious as to how you arrived at your conclusion when it comes to me.

You really need to quit making assumptions.

As for what's going to happen the west is not going to tolerate Russia invading Ukraine no more than Russia would tolerate the west from invading Ukraine, regardless of what they call the motives.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Agent_USA_Supporter
Now they take over media: Ukraine's Inter TV evacuated amid threats of of violent takeover.

Peaceful protesters according to some here.

Prepare for Propaganda...media stations always play an important role during revolutions or protests.

Thanks for the update.
edit on 22-2-2014 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   

daaskapital
The Ukrainian Parliament has voted to dismiss the President. They have also set an election for May 25th.

Someone's gonna pay big for this.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   

daaskapital
From Russia's foreign ministry:

"The opposition has not only failed to meet a single one of its obligations, but is also pushing new demands, submitting itself to armed extremists and looters whose actions pose a direct threat to the sovereignty and constitutional order of Ukraine."

ARMED EXTREMISTS...so Russia will see a country run by and full of armed extremists a direct threat to its national security. The question is, what will its next step be.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Poland has entered the fray through their foreign minister saying that there was no coup in Ukraine. The foreign minister also said that the government buildings were abandoned, and that the speaker of the Ukrainian parliament was elected through legal means.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

You really need to quit making assumptions.

They arent assumptions, they are facts Remember when i have made threads about Libya? so tell me Xcathdra how are things in Libya again?

As for what's going to happen the west is not going to tolerate Russia invading Ukraine no more than Russia would tolerate the west from invading Ukraine, regardless of what they call the motives.

Thats unlikely to occur as Russia hold the wild cards here. Not the EU or McCain but we can safely say it was McCain whom wanted this to occur in the first place remember this?

McCain: "Arab Spring Is Coming To China As Well"

You dont make such suggestions to an enemy or player of an game why? unless you wanted to let him that they were planning this for a decade.

Lets be hoesnt Arab Spring in China would be very idea. Including if you own debts to China.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

media stations always play an important role during revolutions or protests.

The majority of the times its the western news outlets that play that part desperately and have failed in Syria.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Agent_USA_Supporter

The majority of the times its the western news outlets that play that part desperately and have failed in Syria.

I agree, but when i say media stations, i am generally referring to local ones, residing in a nation which is experiencing upheavals. The media is an effective medium, and that is why revolutionaries and protestors are quick to target them.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
LOL has anyone read that Hague is pushing for an IMF loan for Ukraine?
That should suck em dry like Greece!

After IMF loan for Ukraine fail then comes the most awaited and beloved by the Cheering protesters Austerity packages!!!
Three Cheers for the Austerity packages!
edit on 22-2-2014 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   

daaskapital
Poland has entered the fray through their foreign minister saying that there was no coup in Ukraine. The foreign minister also said that the government buildings were abandoned, and that the speaker of the Ukrainian parliament was elected through legal means.

Yeah, but you have to rememeber who Polands friends are since they joined NATO in 1997. After being under the thumb of Russia since 1945 until then, they're not going to be backing up the Russian hard line.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Russia has urged Germany, France and Poland to act on the Ukrainian situation, as they have notable ties to the opposition.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   

andy1972

daaskapital

Yeah, but you have to rememeber who Polands friends are since they joined NATO in 1997. After being under the thumb of Russia since 1945 until then, they're not going to be backing up the Russian hard line.

Definitely not! They are a long time rival of Russia. The Ukrainian situation is getting much more interesting...

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   

daaskapital

Agent_USA_Supporter

I agree, but when i say media stations, i am generally referring to local ones, residing in a nation which is experiencing upheavals. The media is an effective medium, and that is why revolutionaries and protestors are quick to target them.

Government controled media was good until the advent of movil phones with 8 mega pixel cameras and HD video.

Now anyone, anywhere and tape it "as it happens" and it goes viral in a heartbeat. That they can't control, so effectively media brainwashing has had it's day. They can tell us all they want, but in the end the truth will out.

Wine is strong.
The king is stronger.
Women are stronger still.
But the truth conquers all.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Agent_USA_Supporter
They arent assumptions, they are facts Remember when i have made threads about Libya? so tell me Xcathdra how are things in Libya again?

You just make things up as you go don't you? If you read my post, instead of making changes to it in an effort to change the topic, you would have seen my post commented about your assumptions about me, not about backwards village people killing each other in the deserts of Libya.

Agent_USA_Supporter
Thats unlikely to occur as Russia hold the wild cards here. Not the EU or McCain but we can safely say it was McCain whom wanted this to occur in the first place remember this?

McCain: "Arab Spring Is Coming To China As Well"

You dont make such suggestions to an enemy or player of an game why? unless you wanted to let him that they were planning this for a decade.

The west will not tolerate Russia invading Ukraine no more than Russia would tolerate the west invading Ukraine. No amount of diversion on topic of conversation will change that position.

Agent_USA_Supporter
Lets be hoesnt Arab Spring in China would be very idea. Including if you own debts to China.

China owes a debt to the Us in excess of 1 trillion thanks to world war II. However that debt is something we have not complained about, and China has not fought us over. As for change in china it is coming. That is evident in the number of protests occurring, the outrage of the Chinese people when it comes to corruption among their government officials. The air quality in Beijing alone is causing massive issues for the Chinese government.

Absent them bending to the will of her people, China will face the same fate the Soviet Union did.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join