It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukraine in Turmoil. Fears of East/West Schism. Russia Talking to East UA. Updates!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   

US says assures Ukraine of its support in International Monetary Fund talks

The United States has assured Ukraine that it will have "strong support" from Washington in seeking an International Monetary Fund (IMF)-backed economic program to stabilize the country's economy after months of crippling street violence, a State Department official said on Friday.

www.financialexpress.com...
edit on 22-2-2014 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Spanish Tv reports that the EX president is in Khrakov, on the border with Russia. Here, they're debating if this will lead to a split in the Ukraine..two countries from one..
Then what we'll have is another situacion like what went down in Georgia.
Eastern Ukraine (South Osettia) will ask mother Russia for protecion from the terrorist filled western Ukraine (Georgia).
What the russian will be remembering though, will be the
that all didn't go well in Chechnia and Georgia..maybe they'll be reticent to get stuck in another 4 month war they wont win.
edit on AM6Sat20141972 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Protestors on both sides are standing up. Still a solid base of support for the President in the East. Fears that Ukraine could be split into two, as lawmakers in the East opposing the parliament.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Not looking good.

Regional lawmakers in Ukraine's pro-Russian east are questioning the authority of the national parliament, amid concerns that the nation may be splitting in two.

A gathering of governors, provincial officials and legislators in Kharkiv approved a statement Saturday calling on regional authorities to take full responsibility for constitutional order on their territory.

Some called for forming volunteer units to protect against force by protesters from pro-European western regions. The assembly urged the army units deployed on their territories to maintain neutrality and protect ammunition depots.

www.politico.com...
edit on 22-2-2014 by daaskapital because: sp

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   

daaskapital

US says assures Ukraine of its support in International Monetary Fund talks

The United States has assured Ukraine that it will have "strong support" from Washington in seeking an International Monetary Fund (IMF)-backed economic program to stabilize the country's economy after months of crippling street violence, a State Department official said on Friday.

www.financialexpress.com...
edit on 22-2-2014 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

LOL LOL the IMF Mafia?? As i predicted. In Fact The IMF has stolen and Screwed Greece and Italy Spain Real Good.
edit on 22-2-2014 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Agent_USA_Supporter
No i wouldn't and couldn't care less the majority of the American public are basically idiots whom wouldnt how to protest or revolt.

No offense and i dont meant to all Americans.

Meanwhile, in Kiev...

Opposition takes control of presidential compound as Viktor Yanukovych 'flees Kiev'

Ukraine's opposition on Saturday pushed for Viktor Yanukovych's resignation as protesters seized the presidential residence and offices and the embattled leader appeared to have fled Kiev.

Allies of the jailed former prime minister Yulia Tymoshenko were appointed as parliamentary speaker and interim interior minister, as a revolution seemed to be gathering pace following days of bloody clashes. But earlier reports of Ms Tymoshenko's release from jail proved premature as aides said she remained in prison.

Parliament debated an opposition resolution calling for the resignation of Mr Yanukovych, who disappeared from public view on Saturday, abandoning the presidential administration building and his residence just outside Kiev. Meanwhile the country's police announced they stood "with the people" and wanted "rapid changes".

The government, still led by an ally of Mr Yanukovych, said it would ensure a smooth handover of power to a new administration. But the moves incensed authorities in eastern, Russian-speaking regions loyal to the president, which challenged the parliament's legitimacy and said they were taking full control of their territories.

edit on 22-2-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Thanks for further posting pictures of those Nazis that you strongly support. From the same news outlet that has being calling out an military intervention in Syria for two years now.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I don't think we need to be attacking each other here...

Just sayin'.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

No offense Agent, but everybody who protests against any group you support are either Nazi's, The WRONG Muslim group or CIA operatives.

Have you checked under your bed lately?

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Meanwhile What happened in Kiev was a Coup Thats what the Ukrainian president stated live and i have to agree with that. This was not only an coup but an armed protest coup backed by Germany Officials from the EU.

- I am not resigning.
- I am not leaving the country.
- I am the elected president.
- I have received guarantees from international partners about my personal safety.
- I will see if they are up to the task of keeping their promises.There has been a coup.
- I will be defending the people of Ukraine currently being attacked by bandits.
- There has been an attempt on my life.
- I feel responsibility for the future of our country.
- I will continue to make public statements every day.
- I will call all international mediators to prevent the spread the terrorism that is consuming the country.
- The current parliament has no legitimacy.
- I have signed nothing legal and will not sign anything will the bandit parliament.
- My foreign minister continues to discuss the situation with his counterparts in Poland, Germany, Russia, and the U.S.
- There are people in the PoR who are leaving the party out of fear for themselves and their families. However, there are also "traitors."
- We are witnessing the repeat of 1930s nazism with parties (KPU and PoR) being forbidden.
- I will be traveling around the East and South of the country to meet with people and leaders.

- I have signed nothing legal and will not sign anything will the bandit parliament.

- There are people in the PoR who are leaving the party out of fear for themselves and their families. However, there are also "traitors."

His basically right on with that.

- We are witnessing the repeat of 1930s nazism with parties (KPU and PoR) being forbidden.

History repeats itself.

Bascilly he only gets this right after his secured himself from the NGO thugs but as usual i can see some of you still supporting the fascists

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   
As we all know, the east is just one HUGE arsenal of lost and stolen nukes and weapons of war in general.
What we should ALL be worried about is who's coming into power and where his loyalties lay.
What the world doesn't need is a psycho president voted in, and with the east being full of suitcase nukes..

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   

The gathering in Kharkov was attended by about 3,000 representatives of local governments, according to the governor of the Kharkov region, Mikhail Dobkin, one of the key sponsors of the event.

Russia sent several officials in the capacity of observers to the gathering, including Aleksey Pushkov, the head of the Russian parliamentary commission on foreign affairs, Mikhail Markelov, Pushkov’s counterpart in the Council of Federation, the upper chamber of the parliament, and several governors from regions in western Russia.

rt.com...

Something must be cooking...

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   

SLAYER69

No offense Agent, but everybody who protests against any group you support are either Nazi's, The WRONG Muslim group or CIA operatives.

Have you checked under your bed lately?

Really Slayer is that the best cheap insult you got? you still haven't debunked any of my claims yet.

The WRONG Muslim group or CIA operatives.

So according to your world the FSA/SNC arent a group that were formed in Qatar when Hillary Clinton visited Qatar in Early 2011 so they can form the Syrian Opposition?

According to you they are moderates just like how the Ukrainian protesters are to.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

May i also add thats a very childish post to?

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Come on. This is an update thread, not one to be used for arguments and insults. Who cares what other members believe...we are trying to go off of facts here, and keep up to date. All that this bickering is doing is convoluting the information in this thread.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   

There are an awful lot of "I's" in that proclamation by him.

It's not HIS country it's the Peoples country.
About 50% or better want him gone. Are they all brain washed by Germany and the EU?

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   

SLAYER69

There are an awful lot of "I's" in that proclamation by him.

It's not HIS country it's the Peoples country.
About 50% or better want him gone. Are they all brain washed by Germany and the EU?

Ah that poll.

About 50% or better want him gone.

Care to cite that BS poll? i have seen at least three different polls out of Ukraine supporting the president unless your just citing BBC again.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Quote "Significant natural resources in Ukraine include: iron ore, coal, manganese, NAURAL GAS, OIL, salt, sulfur, graphite, TITANIUM, magnesium, kaolin, nickel, mercury, timber, and arable land."

It's funny how these rapid changes off government never seem to happen in countries that have jack # by the way of natural resources.
Lets see if Halcon Resources raises it's ugly head.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Well I dunno Agent. I see hundreds of thousands of people in the streets protesting.

Where are all his supporters?

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   
The Ukrainian Military have ruled out any involvement in current or future Political conflict.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join