It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Save a turkey this year - have tofu "turkey" instead.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lecky
I've never been attacked by any vegetarians have you?[edit on 11/23/2004 by Lecky]

I have. One hit me with HIS purse.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 09:31 AM
link   
A mere 24 hours until the feast begins! The delicacies are being prepared (sans tofurkey or any other bean curd substitute). My vegetarian contribution will be made via pulling a cork...

Thanksgiving Day Monkeys, not just for being omnivorous anymore...

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lecky
Why do vegetarians bother some people so much?

Maybe meat-eaters across the nation need to unite and chase vegans across town with a T-bone steak hanging from a fork.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Oh lord, one year I tried a tofurkey in substitute of the real thing because the guilt was overwhelming. I was very disappointed though, cause, it tasted pretty bad to me, but I guess I cooked it wrong or something. Oh well, this year while the rest of the family eats the bird I'll just have no meat at all
. There's enough other good stuff on the table any way...

IBM

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 05:57 AM
link   
This:

Plus

After 2 Hours Equals:

and

I seriously love meat, I am a carnivore. Let me loose on the African planes and Discovery Channel will be doing a special on me about wild animals and hunting.

[edit on 26-11-2004 by IBM]

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 06:09 AM
link   
How about TOFU instead?
Luncay.

If God didn't mean for us to eat turkeys, He wouldn't have made them so darned tastey!

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnronOutrunHomerun
PETA? You mean People Eating Tasty Animals, right?!

Why is it that everytime the the PETA organization is mentioned anywhere on the internet...someone says that as if it is the first time for anyone to see it? It's been around for years......also...you can hate PETA all you want (meaning anyone...not directed you Enron) but, while I do not adhere to many of their methods and I am not what you can call a "PETA fan", as an immense animal lover, I will say that they have brought to the forefront the importance of animals being treated humanely more than anyone else has! And that's not a bad thing.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 07:14 AM
link   
This Turkey day thin could almost be seen as some sort of sacrificial ritual. On the same day every year millions of Turkeys are slaughtered for the days festivities.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 09:15 PM
link   
My 4-cents:

!. tofu is boring and tastes and looks icky. I lasted about a week.

2. I knew two vegetarians. Both were obese.

3. P.E.T.A.'s bad points far outweigh their good points. The may say they want the ethical treatment of animals, but the often use unetical methods to get their point across

4. We had turkey breast. A very low fat food.

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mynaeris
I just give up this has become a turkey flaming thread
I implore the mods to put an end to the suffering of turkeys throughout the US.

How?
By letting them live to suffer somemore?
REally if you thaought that they were truely suffering and wanted us to put a stop to it, then you would have asked us all to have several turkeys.
As the very purpose of the turkey's you mentioned is tjo be our meal, then aren't we giving there live a purpose? Not a grand one to be sure, but one never the less.And yet you ask us to deny even this tjo the turkey's so that they may continue to suffer through the horrors you mentioned. I call hypoctrite. Either that or you just have a thing afainst turkeys. So which is it?
(no offense intended)

Originally posted by MynaerisBy the way I don't believe humans were ever meant to eat meat our physical make up is totally contrary to being carnivorous.

This mearly shows a clear ignorance of human biology and physiology. If you actually new what you were talking about you would know that we where designed/evolved as omnivores not herbavores(vegatarian).

IBM

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Since Thanksgiving is over, I would like to declare A Discovery Channel Walk with the Predators special Chiristmas eve. This would be an unofficial holiday that encourages people to eat meat. Meat is good for you, lots of protein. Make sure you buy lots of Beef, Pork, Chicken and pig out Christmas eve.

PS: Send Leftovers to me.

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Yes, the time to get another delicious, and nutritious, turkey ready for the Thanksgiving feast...

Or is there a suitable alternative?

Perhaps the noble bird can be saved, and our dark carnivorous desires satisfied in one fell swoop.

Carnivore Monkeys, not just for finger licking good anymore...

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Why of course there are alternatives!

Pork tenderloin

Roast duck

Rack of lamb

BBQ beef brisket

Venison

Elk steak

Iv'e even seen a 10lb salmon used

But my personal favorite......

Black Forest ham with a thick honey glaze and cranberry dipping sauce!

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Here is what I have always wanted to know is if you are vegetarian why are you eating simulated meat????

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Here is the ultimate turkey, Turducken! What is a turducken, you might ask?
It is a turkey, deboned except the legs and thighs, which is stuffed with a duck, and the duck is stuffed with a chicken Mmmmm...and then there is three layers of stuffing, oyster, cormmeal, whatever for the third. Oh yeah, the chicken is usually stuffed with a pork roast-
For the recipe with photos Click Here
The ultimate in poultry recipes!

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Journey
Here is the ultimate turkey, Turducken! What is a turducken, you might ask?
It is a turkey, deboned except the legs and thighs, which is stuffed with a duck, and the duck is stuffed with a chicken Mmmmm...

When you can kill three? This is the ultimate cure all for people with the "bird flu blues." Feeling down about the prospect of a life or death struggle because of some fowl? Fight back! Eat three of them at once, and regain you status at the top of the food chain!

Tri Meat Monkeys, not just for trying meat anymore...

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 10:57 AM
link   
When I read the original post about "millions of turkeys in cramped cages," I thought Maenarys was referring to you city people in tract housing/apartments!

I plan to serve 3 pheasants smoked over hickory, with giblet gravy and homemade dressing.

I'll be serving a 1987 Mouton Cadet.
An expensive wine that ages in a remarkable way. Followed with "The Macallan" and a couple of Royal Jamaica coronas in the maduro wrapper.

Hopefully, it'll be cold on thanksgiving, and we can smoke 'em in the trophy room. Because if it's warm, Frau Dr. will make us smoke 'em outside. ("those cigar thingies smell so BARFY !!! ")

I just loved smoked pheasant---the only problem is keeping it lit! Hey! But seriously folks, you're a geat crowd . . .

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 02:51 PM
link   
A turkey drowns while looking up at the rain?

Please. Even this sports commentator knew this is a myth:

From ESPN.com

Rumor

Turkeys are so dumb that they will look up when it rains and drown.

Fact

This popular belief is simply not true. Even the domestic turkey does not look up at the rain and drown.

This rumor most likely started from farmers who had domestic turkeys that died during a rainstorm. But instead of drowning, the birds were probably scared by the lightning, panicked and congregated en masse into one corner of the pen, suffocating the unfortunate birds in the center.

This rumor also may have resulted from the observation that after a cold spring rain, turkey poults sometimes disappear and are assumed dead. Poults can die from exposure, or hypothermia, after several consecutive days of a cold spring rain. Biologists have seen this trend throughout the U.S., especially in the northern portion of the wild turkey's range.

And while I am not one to advocate inhumane treatment of animals, I must agree with the one post that said I can choose to buy my turkey from a well-known and respected breeder for ultimate taste. Why buy a fine $120 vintage wine and a $15 turkey from Food-4-Less?
And why is it ok for the pigs to suffer? I always have a ham for Thanksgiving, too (A oh-so-tender spiral cut ham with a crunchy brown sugar glaze with apple and cranberry gravy). Should I worry about teir cramped living space?
I have enough to worry about when having to pay for the post-holiday bills. I don't want to worry about "poor animals" who are lower on the food chain because they are too stupid to get away from us carnivores.
Gobble gobble

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 12:46 AM
link   
There's nothing finer than celebrating this nations finest culinary holiday with a proper turkey dinner cooked over a block of burning C-4. Fond memories, GeneralDilemma berating the troops, the GeneralsWife boiling a boot or something, and I, waiting for that instant pumpkin pie pudding to thicken.

Fond memories indeed.

Dismissed.

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 12:50 AM
link   
There's simply no way I'd even touch a tofurkey, let alone eat one.

A real bird will be roasting in my oven on Thanksgiving, count on that! With all the trimmings too.

Yummm...Turkey....

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join