It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Danish zoo kills 18 month old giraffe in front of public: feeds body to lions

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   
There are posts here saying the director is a psychopath.

Guess then it's not an isolated case, his crimes against animals( beyond as the zoo in question has done these culling practices as sources say) and well of course his recent action?

If he really is a psychopath then he needs to be exposed, stepped down from the position. With that it is good the media and more are on the story, at the least.

Anyone have more information on this? Am looking now...
edit on 11-2-2014 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   

dreamingawake

Guess then it's not an isolated case, his crimes against animals( beyond as the zoo in question has done these culling practices as sources say) and well of course his recent action?

If he really is a psychopath then he needs to be exposed, stepped down from the position. With that it is good the media and more are on the story, at the least.

Anyone have more information on this? Am looking now

Not yet, but let us all know the minute that you find out any additional information concerning this bottom feeder who ordered the unnecessary execution of this innocent, endangered, and protected exotic species.
~$heopleNation
edit on 11-2-2014 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Thecakeisalie

Had a crazy old lady up the road that used to feed an 8fter table scraps. The thing's territory covered our front yard. Wildlife and fisheries had to kill it.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

Sigh!

Read the thread, on page five near the bottom i have posted an interview in english where it's all explained, but you people will propably still refuse to understand the issue.

The whole thread and the other one have everything on this, there are several people inc. me explaining it.
edit on 11-2-2014 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   

nixie_nox
Shep and cattle are not endangered species. We are talking about an animal that needs conservation, not a mass produced animal that is artificially created to be a meat food.
Well, this would be valid as long as the animal was not inbred. Part of good conservation standards requires getting it out of the gene pool, and there's only 2 ways of doing that: chopping it's boys off or chopping it's head off.

The cheapest way was killing it. Making it a spectacle for the masses just increased the zoos income, too.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   

dreamingawake

Really was that a professional opinion by his psychiatrists or an upset blogger? And secondly i dont think his inability to have relationships or love someone or having eccentricities is not grounds to fire them. There are alot of people that have that problem See you have watched to many movies and think psychopaths go around killing people. Well luckily for us they dont because there is a huge number of them in society.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   

CynicalDrivel

nixie_nox
Shep and cattle are not endangered species. We are talking about an animal that needs conservation, not a mass produced animal that is artificially created to be a meat food.
Well, this would be valid as long as the animal was not inbred. Part of good conservation standards requires getting it out of the gene pool, and there's only 2 ways of doing that: chopping it's boys off or chopping it's head off.

The cheapest way was killing it. Making it a spectacle for the masses just increased the zoos income, too.

The alternative was finding it another home where it could live its life until it died of old age (like the guy who was willing to buy it as a pet or another zoo willing to adopt it)

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

Of course. After it's boys were chopped off, that was an option--which I didn't bother to state.

The cheapest is still to kill it and not transport it. A bolt through the head cost FAR less than a truck ride.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

You still don't get it.

It couldn't be sold cause of the EU rules explained numerous times in this thread, plus the ones who offered to take it was questionable, and they only reacted in last moment even though it's been public for several months.

I also gave you a link in the thread that was removed which explained they had searched for alternativ solution for a long time.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Skywatcher2011

CynicalDrivel

nixie_nox

The alternative was finding it another home where it could live its life until it died of old age (like the guy who was willing to buy it as a pet or another zoo willing to adopt it)

Not an option zoos in order to conform and be accredited are not allowed to sell animals. The adoption was put forth by a guy they believed couldn't handle the the giraffe. They explored the ides of exotic animal parks but no one wanted him. So there only option was lose accreditation as a zoo and keep the giraffe or to kill him since they couldnt sell him and being inbred couldnt introduce him back into the wild which by the way would have been years to train him.Thats what wild animal parks do they accept wounded or sick animals with the hopes of returning him to the wild. Because he wasnt allowed to be released is probably the reason they kept saying no.I probably wouldnt have mad a public display out of it but alas its a different country and they do things differently.
edit on 2/11/14 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Mianeye

Sigh!

Read the thread, on page five near the bottom i have posted an interview in english where it's all explained, but you people will propably still refuse to understand the issue.

The whole thread and the other one have everything on this, there are several people inc. me explaining it.

I did numerous times. Guessing they have NOT read it. I am just wondering why people keep coming to the conclusion otherwise? What is their source? Or just a"post and run"...

dragonridr

dreamingawake

Really was that a professional opinion by his psychiatrists or an upset blogger? And secondly i dont think his inability to have relationships or love someone or having eccentricities is not grounds to fire them. There are alot of people that have that problem See you have watched to many movies and think psychopaths go around killing people. Well luckily for us they dont because there is a huge number of them in society.

Numerous comments here and on the internet!

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   

I guess i missunderstood your comment then?

The reason why people is coming with that conclusion, is cause they keep ignoring the real issue, which has been explained to them.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   

So in other words upset people are calling him a psychopath and you take it literally and think he should be fired as they say i see.Well sounds to me like you just dont like him because the decision he made.Even though it seems they ran out of options.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   

dragonridr

So in other words upset people are calling him a psychopath and you take it literally and think he should be fired as they say i see.Well sounds to me like you just dont like him because the decision he made.Even though it seems they ran out of options.

I don't really agree and as I posted earlier do understand the implications. Calling him a psychopath is not denying ignorance. If they want to debate this, and clearly I am wanting to learn more about this situation. Wish one of these people would reply as to why he must be a psychopath(what is their source?), other than just opinion, that they do not see his action as humane, see it as despicable, etc.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Mianeye

I guess i missunderstood your comment then?

The reason why people is comming with that conclusion, is cause they keep ignoring the real issue, which has been explained to them.

Yeah, that's the only thing that I can see here, ignoring the issues.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   

dreamingawake

dragonridr

I don't really agree and as I posted earlier do understand the implications. Calling him a psychopath is not denying ignorance. If they want to debate this, and clearly I am wanting to learn more about this situation. Wish one of these people would reply as to why he must be a psychopath(what is their source?), other than just opinion, that they do not see his action as humane, see it as despicable, etc.

Sorry i misunderstood you though granted it wasnt worded well. People are up in arms because the zoo had to make a tough decision as was stated they looked for other options that wouldnt violate their charter. This upset people so now the director is a psychopath. Having met several people in zoos ill say unless this one is different people that work in zoos love animals and i assure you they didnt want to do this.As i said i suspect they were hiding his parentage until they could find an alternative. Normally in this situation they should have took care of it within days after the birth. But its hard to kill a baby giraffe there just so darn cute. And i mean that ever seen one anyway they put it off and now there going to pay for that decision because now there evil incarnate. Hows that for a summary lol.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Well, there is another issue which can excuse people stand on this, and thats the way the MSM outside of Denmark handled it, they didn't show the real issue as it was in the start, cause that dosn't sell.

Just look at the interview, the reporter clearly wants to paint a picture of a bloodthirsty psychopath.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Mianeye
Just look at the interview, the reporter clearly wants to paint a picture of a bloodthirsty psychopath.
What reporter doesn't? Isn't that their job, to incite you to wrath over slight misinformation?

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Mianeye

Well, there is another issue which can excuse people stand on this, and thats the way the MSM outside of Denmark handled it, they didn't show the real issue as it was in the start, cause that dosn't sell.

Yes it's sad, unfortunately typical of yellow journalism and today's media seemingly more so than before. They want it sensational so it can sell, they don't care about what really happened.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   

dragonridr

dreamingawake

dragonridr

Sorry i misunderstood you though granted it wasnt worded well. People are up in arms because the zoo had to make a tough decision as was stated they looked for other options that wouldnt violate their charter. This upset people so now the director is a psychopath. Having met several people in zoos ill say unless this one is different people that work in zoos love animals and i assure you they didnt want to do this.As i said i suspect they were hiding his parentage until they could find an alternative. Normally in this situation they should have took care of it within days after the birth. But its hard to kill a baby giraffe there just so darn cute. And i mean that ever seen one anyway they put it off and now there going to pay for that decision because now there evil incarnate. Hows that for a summary lol.

Oh yeah, no prob. I should have been more clear on my position otherwise-original reply where was less recent.

I just hope this zoo, and others plan better before hand. Looks like this is going to be a hard lesson.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join