It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Danish zoo kills 18 month old giraffe in front of public: feeds body to lions

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   

CynicalDrivel
reply to post by NightSkyeB4Dawn

Actually, my first pet I named food. Had no problem eating rabbits after having one as a pet. Rather relived my parents that at 3, I could handle it.

Now that I'm an adult? I'm not so good with it.

I remember eating rabbits for food when I was young and same with chickens. I didn't know the significance at the time. I didn't like seeing the cull. But on the plate I couldn't complain. I personally don't like to see animals get hurt or killed. That is just me and that is how I will always feel.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Skywatcher2011
If that's the case, why don't I just take a bolt gun to you and throw you to the lions...booyah shacka! Circle of Life my friend.

Because you are an internet warrior, and loathe to abandon your keyboard to the cruel reality of the un-typed world?
2nd.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
@8675309Jenny --Just like the (almost) 22,000 people who signed the Petition I have the right to my own perspective and opinions and disagreeing with you does not mean I have issues. Having a different viewpoint is not an indication of 'disordered' or of having 'issues.'

I am not interested in being psychoanalyzed and don' t appreciate your pathologizing my feelings... that I am entitled to.

This post and the following ones are intended for those who agree with and appreciate my viewpoint. How about I won't try to change your mind if you don't try to change my mind.

Close sources have publicly stated this about the person in charge – he is arrogant with a crazy-stupid kind of stubbornness. He wouldn’t listen or even consider the suggestions of others -- classic signs of Psychopathy/Sociopathy --‘my way or the highway.’ He was hell-bent on killing Marius. Saying he loved the animal and then slaughtering it is actually another HUGE red flag. A person with empathic ability, meaning they are not Sociopathic/Psychopathic, wouldn’t be able to have carried out this act of cruelty and violence because a conscience is what prevents one from doing so – a ‘conscience’ (something all Psychopaths/Sociopaths lack) would have stopped them.

The truth is that the more they get away with the more emboldened they become and the craftier they are at hiding who they really are.

I can’t help but feel that arrangements could have been made to keep Marius alive in some Zoo where his gene pool wouldn’t be a problem. The Zoo has no business breeding Giraffes if this is the outcome. And if so, then they should be monitored for pregnancy and (very early in the pregnancy) immediately be aborted once pregnancy is detected.

If a buyer wanted to give safe haven to this beloved creature, offering an astonishing sum of money that could have been directed to Giraffe & Wildlife preservation in Africa itself, special dispensation should have been made an urgent priority.

It would have served the slaughtered animal, served the native Giraffe and predator population in Africa, been a positive (and empathic) learning opportunity for the public at large, helping foster spending money intelligently, giving humans better work to do, fighting poachers rather than preying on threatened animal populations…. not too mention setting a good example as well as excellent PR. There was AT LEAST ONE humane alternative.

But, Psychopaths and Sociopaths don’t have this kind of common sense and rational as they are impulsive – the main reason for worldwide conflict and suffering -- too many Psychopaths/Sociopaths running the show. We all know what a Psychopath/Sociopath with a badge and a gun is capable of doing. Most everything they do is for their self-serving, self-benefiting needs, glorification, ego and sick desires. And, they are highly adept, skilled experts at hiding this.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   

needlenight
reply to post by dreamingawake

Trust me, the large majority of the danish people are happy with how this went down, we understand it could not be any other way.

Except for this part, a quote from the zoo's webpage regarding the event.

“In Copenhagen Zoo we let the animals breed naturally. With naturally we mean that they will get young within the same intervals as they would in the wild. That means that the animals get to carry out their natural behaviours. Parental care is a big part of an animal’s behaviour. It is a 24 hour job in longer periods of their lives and we believe that they should still be able to carry out this type of behaviour also in captivity. Contraceptives have a number of unwanted side effects on the internal organs and we would therefore apply a poorer animal welfare if we did not euthanize.”

FAQ

The zoo is absolutely, 100% responsible because of this....

They very much could of prevented this whole scenario except for they seem to allow indiscriminate breeding. What a horrible concept. They are captive animals in a zoo. They are fed and sheltered, but indiscriminate breeding is allowed because of potential side effects of contraceptives, seriously?

Well death is about as serious as a side effect as you can get.

Issues with pregnancy, and even breeding itself, can have serious side effects. But oh we will let them breed like dogs and cats in heat. Now we got populations that we are not allowed to keep and will make a public spectacle of it.

No matter how you try to paint this and blame the media ( it is not the media, btw, they didn't lie about which zoo killed which giraffe) it seems the zoo has mind boggling standards to begin with.

The fact that they have to maintain and watch the genetics in the first place that got this giraffe killed, means that it should be selective breeding only.

Did these people get their degrees through an email? What a ridiculous policy.

edit on 12-2-2014 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Jana12
@8675309Jenny --Just like the (almost) 22,000 people who signed the Petition I have the right to my own perspective and opinions and disagreeing with you does not mean I have issues. Having a different viewpoint is not an indication of 'disordered' or of having 'issues.'

I am not interested in being psychoanalyzed and don' t appreciate your pathologizing my feelings... that I am entitled to.

This post and the following ones are intended for those who agree with and appreciate my viewpoint. How about I won't try to change your mind if you don't try to change my mind.

Close sources have publicly stated this about the person in charge – he is arrogant with a crazy-stupid kind of stubbornness. He wouldn’t listen or even consider the suggestions of others -- classic signs of Psychopathy/Sociopathy --‘my way or the highway.’ He was hell-bent on killing Marius. Saying he loved the animal and then slaughtering it is actually another HUGE red flag. A person with empathic ability, meaning they are not Sociopathic/Psychopathic, wouldn’t be able to have carried out this act of cruelty and violence because a conscience is what prevents one from doing so – a ‘conscience’ (something all Psychopaths/Sociopaths lack) would have stopped them.

The truth is that the more they get away with the more emboldened they become and the craftier they are at hiding who they really are.

I can’t help but feel that arrangements could have been made to keep Marius alive in some Zoo where his gene pool wouldn’t be a problem. The Zoo has no business breeding Giraffes if this is the outcome. And if so, then they should be monitored for pregnancy and (very early in the pregnancy) immediately be aborted once pregnancy is detected.

If a buyer wanted to give safe haven to this beloved creature, offering an astonishing sum of money that could have been directed to Giraffe & Wildlife preservation in Africa itself, special dispensation should have been made an urgent priority.

It would have served the slaughtered animal, served the native Giraffe and predator population in Africa, been a positive (and empathic) learning opportunity for the public at large, helping foster spending money intelligently, giving humans better work to do, fighting poachers rather than preying on threatened animal populations…. not too mention setting a good example as well as excellent PR. There was AT LEAST ONE humane alternative.

But, Psychopaths and Sociopaths don’t have this kind of common sense and rational as they are impulsive – the main reason for worldwide conflict and suffering -- too many Psychopaths/Sociopaths running the show. We all know what a Psychopath/Sociopath with a badge and a gun is capable of doing. Most everything they do is for their self-serving, self-benefiting needs, glorification, ego and sick desires. And, they are highly adept, skilled experts at hiding this.

You dont like being psychoanalyzed yet you do it to others amazing huh.Seems to me your dealing with some internal issues since anyone you dont like becomes a psycho the worst part is apparently after youve given them this designation its ok for them to be killed. Im thinking id rather have a psychopath in charge than you because apparently your ok with killing people you dont like. And from reading your posts that would be alot of people but hey i guess giraffes would be safe from your wrath.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Jana12

Why do you ignore my posts? Read previous page of this thread. I have met the guy, seen how he is with the animals, and children as he guides them through the zoo. He is a good man, kind, intelligent, calm and passionate in his work and the way he tries to teach familys and schoolkids about the animals at the zoo.
Are you ignoring my posts because they dont fit the way you want to think about him?

Are you ignoring the fact that it was the European Union who forced this decission and not the zoo, because it does not fit what you want to think about this situation? Are you simply dismissing reality, to substitute it with the one you have in your mind, because you are deadset on that one?

?

He was not hellbent on killing the giraffe. He did love the giraffe or Marius as it was called. But he still had to follow the European standards set by the European Union. There was nothing he could do, there was nothing the danish government could do, there was nothing the danish people could do. It was European law. It may be harsh at times, but it is doing more good than harm, when you look at the big picture and not just small parts of it. It makes a lot of sense if you consider ALL the animals in ALL European Zoos, but it makes less sense if you focus on one cute giraffe. But hey, who gives a fck about all the other animals, aslong as one giraffe gets to live eh?
edit on RAmerica/ChicagoV by needlenight because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

You should read the whole page, which your linking to. If you would take the time to do that, you would know that Copenhagen Zoo need to follow a set of European standards, set by the European Union.

You would also know why the giraffe could not be transfered, you would also know why contraceptives is not used. You would know a whole lot. Instead of just picking the parts you think fits into your arguement out of context

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

Yeah, I go the same way. If we decide to raise rabbits, again, hubby's going to have to do the kill. I can clean them just fine, once they're dead.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by needlenight

needlenight -- I was not ignoring your posts. I did read your posts and thank you for your contribution.

I didn't reply/acknowledge them because I am not interested in changing anyone's mind/perception. Our perception is our reality. Not replying did not mean that I was discounting or discrediting your thoughtful post.

I have spent a good part of my life studying Psychopaths/Sociopaths and I know how they operate. The only people who really know what they are all about, aside from their victims, are those who see the real side of them -- behind the mask. They are actors. They are imposters. Most, (not all, but most) hide behind a mask, as they present a false image.

Here's one example (of countless) that I will share: a neighbor, who is also a close friend, didn't believe me that another neighbor is a Sociopath. She had a good, positive impression of her, but that's because the Sociopath neighbor put on a good act in front of her -- that's what most of them do. But, I knew because I saw who she really was. I even caught her on camera stealing a plant in a decorative container from my backyard patio. I also taped a few conversations, as she sometimes exposed that ugly side of her to me. I played the video and then the tapes of our conversations and now she knows the truth.

The point is that I have keen sense of how they operate and I wanted to bring about awareness, shed some light, as I do not think people like him should be overseeing and making decisions for anyone, let alone defenseless animals such as Marius.

As you probably know all of the young women who dated Ted Bundy (serial killer) thought he was the calmest, nicest, sweetest guy ever... until he viciously and brutally attacked them. Part of the Psychopath/Sociopath's game is to win others over and to deceive. They are all skilled in the art of deception.

I am not trying to alter your perception of this man, or in any way suggest you change your mind about this person. You are entitled to your perception. JANA12

With that said, I will now post my final comments here on this Thread.
edit on 12-2-2014 by Jana12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
The only winner in this was the lion, and of course, the Psychopath, who slaughtered and fed Marius to the lion. The slaughtering this young, healthy Giraffe to feed a lion for a week is criminal, disastrously stupid, and an abuse of the public trust… and I think psychopathic.

Marius death was due more to one’s arrogance and need to prove his point than due to any pressing need to prevent pollution of a gene pool. Arrogance is consistent with the traits and behaviors of Sociopaths and Psychopaths. There was at least one other very qualified facility that already had a group of male giraffes with room for one more. I recently l earned that a Giraffe currently in their care was previously rescued from Copenhagen.

And, one has to question the morality and hypocrisy of forcibly taking animals from their natural habitat with the supposed lofty intention of saving a species -- and then breeding them to the point where their offspring are no longer considered to be sentient beings, but refuse requiring elimination.

Someone who is so entrenched in his own hubris (this goes hand-in-hand with arrogance) that he cannot see the utter disrespect for the animals he supposedly champions is beyond contempt. Sure sounds like psychopathy to me. The fact that there were other options and alternatives makes this disgusting event unconscionable.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Jana12
The only winner in this was the lion, and of course...

You are right on this, but hold the thought of Holst (the psychopath)...he is still in deep waters and not much has been said to the media about what is happening with him right at this moment....

As we all know...Karma is a b------

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Jana12

needlenight -- I was not ignoring your posts. I did read your posts and thank you for your contribution.

I didn't reply/acknowledge them because I am not interested in changing anyone's mind/perception. Our perception is our reality. Not replying did not mean that I was discounting or discrediting your thoughtful post.

I have spent a good part of my life studying Psychopaths/Sociopaths and I know how they operate. The only people who really know what they are all about, aside from their victims, are those who see the real side of them -- behind the mask. They are actors. They are imposters. Most, (not all, but most) hide behind a mask, as they present a false image.

Here's one example (of countless) that I will share: a neighbor, who is also a close friend, didn't believe me that another neighbor is a Sociopath. She had a good, positive impression of her, but that's because the Sociopath neighbor put on a good act in front of her -- that's what most of them do. But, I knew because I saw who she really was. I even caught her on camera stealing a plant in a decorative container from my backyard patio. I also taped a few conversations, as she sometimes exposed that ugly side of her to me. I played the video and then the tapes of our conversations and now she knows the truth.

The point is that I have keen sense of how they operate and I wanted to bring about awareness, shed some light, as I do not think people like him should be overseeing and making decisions for anyone, let alone defenseless animals such as Marius.

As you probably know all of the young women who dated Ted Bundy (serial killer) thought he was the calmest, nicest, sweetest guy ever... until he viciously and brutally attacked them. Part of the Psychopath/Sociopath's game is to win others over and to deceive. They are all skilled in the art of deception.

I am not trying to alter your perception of this man, or in any way suggest you change your mind about this person. You are entitled to your perception. JANA12

With that said, I will now post my final comments here on this Thread.

Jana time for you to get out of the house and actually do things with other humans i was joking at first but seriously you video your neighbors tape them and you are passing judgement on others. Im thinking your an extreme kind of person my advice relax. As far as your views on the zoo go well your not a clinical psychologist so if you believe the director is a psycho that has no bearing on this. As has been stated the zoo had no choice on there decision in other words wasnt up to the director. Now people can hate zoos for keeping those poor innocent animals but those same zoos do alot to help save those same animals in the wild.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Jana12

But dear. It was not his choice to kill the giraffe. Dont you get it. You are labelling a man as a psychopath, just by watching him in an interview and reading about him. When the choice was not his. He was forced by European Law and standards to let the giraffe be put down. There were no other options. Not for him. The European Union could have done something differently. Changes things. They didnt. The director of the zoo had no say in it. He could do nothing. His hands were tied.

And if you think you are able to spot a sociopath/psychopath from tv and reading material which is highly biased. Then you my friend are pulling my leg, when you say you can spot psychopaths. Anyone with the ability to spot a psychopath knows that without a personal encounter or a fair amount of facts and unbiased information at least, it is impossible to spot one.

I think your lying yourself better than you actually are. Or, you yourself are a sociopath. Unwilling to recognise facts and when reality opposes your too quickly cemented judgement on others. Furiously clinging to your own "truth" despite hard evidence to the opposite. Different opinions is one thing. Not wanting to see the truth when it is hitting you on the head with a shovel is something very different.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   

I can tell you whats happening to him right now. He is sleeping, so that he can go to work tomorrow morning. Nothing is happening to him, as he followed orders from the European Union and did nothing illegal or wrong. He simply did what the law and a group from the European Union said he had to. If he did not, the zoo would have been shut down. Then what of the other animals?

You guys really are ignoring this one important fact:

EUROPEAN LAW AND STANDARDS FOR ZOO'S AND AQUARIUMS DEMANDED THE GIRAFFE BE PUT DOWN. NOT THE DIRECTOR OF THE ZOO. HE. HAD. NO. CHOICE.

You think its wrong, thats fine. You need someone to blame, thats fine. Blame the EU. Not the innocent guy who was forced to abide by the EU. The guy is having a hard time as it is, recieving threats from strangers, saying they will kidnap and butcher his children and wife. However childish and non serious these threats may be. It cant be easy for him. Your crucifying an innocent man.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   

needlenight

I can tell you whats happening to him right now. He is sleeping, so that he can go to work tomorrow morning. Nothing is happening to him, as he followed orders from the European Union and did nothing illegal or wrong. He simply did what the law and a group from the European Union said he had to. If he did not, the zoo would have been shut down. Then what of the other animals?

EUROPEAN LAW AND STANDARDS FOR ZOO'S AND AQUARIUMS DEMANDED THE GIRAFFE BE PUT DOWN. NOT THE DIRECTOR OF THE ZOO. HE. HAD. NO. CHOICE.

You think its wrong, thats fine. You need someone to blame, thats fine. Blame the EU. Not the innocent guy who was forced to abide by the EU. The guy is having a hard time as it is, recieving threats from strangers, saying they will kidnap and butcher his children and wife. However childish and non serious these threats may be. It cant be easy for him. Your crucifying an innocent man.

Yeah id say its going to far apparently he received a threat that someone was going to autopsy his wife and children.All i can say is im disappointed in humanity,its one thing to disagree another to threaten people.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   

needlenight

If Holst had any compassion he would have fought for the greater good. But he chose to ignore the public, the children, and all other sources of support. He didn't even show signs that he TRIED to negotiate with the EZA, and so he became cold and did it the old iron fist way with a middle finger to all those who cared for the giraffe.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   

needlenight

Your crucifying an innocent man.

Let the courts decide this before you tell me who is innocent or not.

Btw, the correct spelling for "Your" is actually "you're "

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Jana12

I wish more people would see it from this point of view as well but are choosing to be ignorant on this and let higher-up people tell them how they should think...kind of like a communist system or a totalitarian way of dictating how people should behave on what is right or wrong...then there are things called morals and empathy; sympathy....this is becoming more of a sad world than we already know it is....

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Just ignore them, no point trying to use facts with them especially when one becomes a grammar nazi. Great sign that when they lose the debate they resort to grammar Nazism.
If people spent a quarter of their energy helping out human beings instead of wasting their time on a giraffe the world would be a better place.
edit on 12-2-2014 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Skywatcher2011
reply to post by Jana12

I wish more people would see it from this point of view as well but are choosing to be ignorant on this and let higher-up people tell them how they should think...kind of like a communist system or a totalitarian way of dictating how people should behave on what is right or wrong...then there are things called morals and empathy; sympathy....this is becoming more of a sad world than we already know it is....

Thank you.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join